real nice, skippy!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    Thanks Andy
    andy wrote:
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

real nice, skippy!
    I'll send him and his mates over if you want rolleyes1.gif they're really getting stuck into my plant, but getting bigger the more they eat.........wish they would hurry up and start making cocoons, cause I want to see if they are moths or butterflies :) ...... need a big spider to play with thats what I need :D

Hey have a great time on your Yosemite Trip wont ya :):

Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    mplonskymplonsky Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Cool shot. You can have even more fun if you put a teleconverter before the tubes and/or a canon 500D closeup after the canon 100mm macro. I just love seeing what we cannot with just our eyes. Another thing to consider playing with is reversing your 49mm on the camera itself (or on some extention tubes or whatever) rather than on a lens. You will need an adapter to do this (i got mine off of ebay from some guy in europe).
    Happy shooting,
    Mark
    www.mplonsky.com/photo
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited May 3, 2005
    DGrin going macro crazy?
    Hey Skippy, Mark is in the house... (posting just above).

Take a look:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=10756

and follow to his profile to look at his website. OMG!!!

mplonsky wrote:
    Cool shot. You can have even more fun if you put a teleconverter before the tubes and/or a canon 500D closeup after the canon 100mm macro. I just love seeing what we cannot with just our eyes. Another thing to consider playing with is reversing your 49mm on the camera itself (or on some extention tubes or whatever) rather than on a lens. You will need an adapter to do this (i got mine off of ebay from some guy in europe).
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    REQREQ Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2005
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2005
    Cool Mark
    mplonsky wrote:
    Thanks Mark.........what does that adapter look like that your talking about ne_nau.gif is it a specific brand? you do the coolest Macro's Mark, I shoot most of mine inside the house on the kitchen bench, just using an old cardboard box, a desk lamp and an external Canon flash.

I am really interested in Macro, it's always fascinated me ever since I was a little girl, ohhhhhhh Im not saying I'm not scared of spiders :nono I'd freak if one got on me, but to get really close and photograph such things is something else :D , I'm always looking for ways to get closer.

Thank you for your help Mark......... Skippy (Australia)

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2005
    Hey there David
    David_S85 wrote:
    Hey Skippy, Mark is in the house... (posting just above).

Take a look:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=10756

and follow to his profile to look at his website. OMG!!!
    Ahhhhhhhhh yes I have seen Marks work many times, he is a truely amazing photographer isn't he :D and his work is just brilliant, gob smackin stuff clap.gif .

I just posted him a reply :D Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    edited May 3, 2005
    Thanks Req
    :(:
    REQ wrote:
    thumb.gif wow what an amazing shot thumb.gif :photo
    Hmmmmmmmm I went outside to see how much damage those little critters had done to my plant and and and and .......they're all gone ne_nau.gif what da eek7.gif

All of them headscratch.gif now where the heck could they have gone ne_nau.gif I searched the plant to see if they had begun their morphing, but no sign of cocoons nuffin ne_nau.gif ..........right ! who nicked me caterpillars :(:

Darn Darn Darn ...... I wanted to photograph them some more rolleyes1.gif ohhh well life goes on with or without caterpillars doesn't it heheheh rolleyes1.gif
    Skippy (Australia)

• Options
    Jekyll & HydeJekyll & Hyde Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    :(:
    Hmmmmmmmm I went outside to see how much damage those little critters had done to my plant and and and and .......they're all gone
    J: Awww, doesn't that just bite? :cry

H: I had a bush full of them last fall (they were only 2mm in diameter max though). One day they too were all gone. Couldn't find a one.

J: I hope you find some new critters to shoot (maybe check that garage some night :D ). But be careful.

H: Thanks for all the sweet comments. (Your examples are what actually persuaded me to finally get the 250D last year thumb.gif ).
    J&H
  • Options
    mplonskymplonsky Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    Thanks Mark.........what does that adapter look like that your talking about ne_nau.gif is it a specific brand?
    Go hear:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29971&item=7511546420&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    Skippy wrote:
    you do the coolest Macro's Mark, I shoot most of mine inside the house on the kitchen bench, just using an old cardboard box, a desk lamp and an external Canon flash.
    Thanx for the kind words. I do the indoor studio type stuff sometimes, but much prefer the bugs in their natural environment.
    Skippy wrote:
    I am really interested in Macro, it's always fascinated me ever since I was a little girl, ohhhhhhh Im not saying I'm not scared of spiders :nono I'd freak if one got on me, but to get really close and photograph such things is something else :D
    I have found that the more I photograph them, the less I fear them.
    Happy shooting,
    Mark
    www.mplonsky.com/photo