Options

Even MORE Yosemite pics.....lol

2»

Comments

• Options
    MHughesMHughes Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Steve it was so nice seeing you again, love the ir shots I have always loved those to since I first saw one of Ed's I am sure he is surprised I have not just taken over his sony Laughing.gif.. Just to take ir. Beautiful pictures I am hopefully going to slow down tonight and go back and look at pictures and chat with everyone. I have been so tired and Connies been wanting me to show her pictures so I just posted a couple of hers and tonight am going to try to process some of mine..
    [size=-1][/size] "A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." -Diane Arbus-
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited May 10, 2005
    bfjr wrote:
    Great stuff Steve thumb.gif
    Really proud of all you guys/gals shots
    Beautiful eyes seeing beautiful sights sharing here clap.gif

Hey ever notice how a running deer looks like a "Roo", or is that what the 600mm does :lol4
    Thanks Ben thumb.gifthumb.gif

We missed ya. Be sure to keep early May open on next year's calendar :D

Yeah, I was sort of surprised at the look of that deer. It had just run through a pretty deep puddle (small pond....lol) and it's fur was funny looking. Using that 600mm was one of the highlights of my trip iloveyou.gif I wish i had longer to play with it. I may have to rent one of those myself mwink.gif

Thanks for taking the time to comment,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    Steve,

Outstanding captures! It was great meeting you up there.
    Thanks Kendall :D

It was a gas meeting you too thumb.gif I saw some of your shots and you did really well too clap.gif I enjoyed our chat at breakfast and look forward to seeing you at Zion next year :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    ,every time i saw Steve he was the meet and greet ambassador a great guy made everyone around feel at home

nod.gif A great ambassador! And I think everyone was a little scared when Steve wielded the 600mm lens. lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    Hey Steve,

I'm seriously thinking of how to do that:D . I passed through Zion in the late eighties for a brief glimpse via a fast stop by the brim. Another world, that's for sure and a wondrous photo op of good ol' mother nature too.

Thanks,

Susan
    Susan,
    Hope you can join us for next year's shoot thumb.gif As I believe Waxy mentioned, if you can extend your visit, it would be even better. I would have loved to have stayed another few days at Yosemite. Just to practice and use some of the info Marc gave us on Sat evening. Not to mention that today is Sunny and fairly clear eek7.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    Steve how did you get the time to shoot these great shots ,every time i saw Steve he was the meet and greet ambassador a great guy made everyone around feel at home .plus as you can see take fantastic shots thumb.gifclap.gif how did you get that bird if you want to see how it looks in blur I have 20 great shots :D great meeting you
    Thanks Jeff :D

In some of my previous posts, I warned you guys that I talk a lot and I talk to everybody rolleyes1.gif Part of the enjoyment I get from shooting is talking to other shooters. I love people and talking photography really gets me going....lol Now if my shooting was just up to the level of my talking, I'd be all set :lol

Don't talk to me about birds eek7.gif That darn Gus kept asking me why I shoot birds. I tried to explain the beauty and challenge of shooting birds, but he didn't seem to get it. But once Andy delivered his 400mm F5.6, there was no stopping our newest birder.....Laughing.gif He got some great Scrub Jay shots as well as some Woodpecker BIF's :pissed I am sooooo mad at him. J/K I got lots more woodpecker shots (including one in flight) as well as some redwinged blackbird BIF's. Shooting birds is tough. Unless you have beginners luck like Gus....lol

Great to meet you and thanks for looking,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited May 10, 2005

Don't talk to me about birds eek7.gif That darn Gus kept asking me why I shoot birds. I tried to explain the beauty and challenge of shooting birds, but he didn't seem to get it. But once Andy delivered his 400mm F5.6, there was no stopping our newest birder.....
    You should have seen these two looking for the hawk that cruised on by at eye
    level. You could hear their calls from the trees across the way. If the hook was
    set, it was then :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    You should have seen these two looking for the hawk that cruised on by at eye
    level. You could hear their calls from the trees across the way. If the hook was
    set, it was then :D

Ian
    Ian,
    I got him too :D I'll post him, along with some of the other shots I mentioned, in Nature and Wildlife as soon as I get the rest processed.

BTW, it was you that alerted us to the red shouldered hawk. I thought you just wanted to see Gus and I run around like fools, until we saw that pair of hawks....Laughing.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Hey Steve,

Fine shots, all of them. I'm glad you dusted off the 717 and did some iR shots. I've always enjoyed your IR work.

Sorry about the weather but I think I have the answer. Since I've moved to Florida I haven't had a drop of rain on any planned shoot. When I was in NYC the weather usually sucked when I did a planned shoot in the city. When I shot on Long Island or Westchester the weather was fine. Now when I shot in the city, who did I shoot with? Andy. Who was at Yosemite, Andy. If I recall correctly you have had some less than great weather when you have shot with Andy. The answer seems very clear to me. rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks Harry :D

We missed ya buddy :cry I think I may have been the oldest one there rolleyes1.gif It was awful.......lol I really was looking forward to shooting some IR up there. So there was no way I was gonna leave the Sony at home thumb.gif I am finding, after being away from it for so long, my IR post skills are really rusty. Some of the shots are coming out well and others are lacking ne_nau.gif Hopefully, our mutual friend in NYC will lend me a bit of his expertise clap.gif

You know your rain theory might, pardon the pun, hold water....lol We've had almost twice our normal rainfall this year eek7.gif It's rained just about everytime Andy has visited lately :lol

No problem. I'll trade rainy weather for the chance to shoot with Andy anytime. The harder it rains, the better we eat lol3.gif

Please talk to Linda about you two spending some time in Utah next May :cool

Thanks for commenting,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    MHughes wrote:
    Steve it was so nice seeing you again, love the ir shots I have always loved those to since I first saw one of Ed's I am sure he is surprised I have not just taken over his sony Laughing.gif.. Just to take ir. Beautiful pictures I am hopefully going to slow down tonight and go back and look at pictures and chat with everyone. I have been so tired and Connies been wanting me to show her pictures so I just posted a couple of hers and tonight am going to try to process some of mine..
    Thanks Missy :D

It was a pleasure to see you gals and Ed thumb.gif A beautiful family and one that loves their photography. You folks take it pretty seriously too.....lol Double parking and chasing that bear into the woods. Man, if only someone would have caught that on a camcorder :lol4

Take over the Sony. If Ed isn't going to use it, go for it. With as much landscape as you see/shoot, using IR is a natural thumb.gif

I bet you girls are tired. I know I am. It's been a long time since I had energy like your daughter has....lol

I'll be looking for your shots clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited May 10, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    nod.gif A great ambassador! And I think everyone was a little scared when Steve wielded the 600mm lens. lol3.gif
    Thanks Sid thumb.gif I don't think anyone was as scared as I was :uhoh I didn't have the $7000 to replace that lens.....lol I wasn't going to take any compromising position pics either. It might have fogged up the lens, or "cracked" it :lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero