Options

What the heck? Strobes with wireless trigger..

2»

Comments

• Options
    Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Alrightee..

We have a winner wings.gif

I just did the test John recommended...

Even with my Nintendo challenged capabilities it appears the wireless shutter release Is indeed interfering with the remote strobe trigger transmitter/receiver, if I got the timing just right the flash would not appear on the image.

The wireless shutter release is a Cactus brand, SP 550 UZ.

The wireless strobe trigger is an RF 616...

Remote trigger (Small).jpg

Now what?

Looking into my crystal ball I forsee changing one system or the other :cry

Thank you all for sticking with me till the dirty end.

Cheers, Don
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Don,

I'm glad that's finally figured out. As your wireless shutter release operates at around 412MHz and the flash trigger at 433MHz, it's no wonder you were getting interference. I agree that it looks like some shopping is in order.

Personally, I'd recommend an upgrade in the flash trigger department. CyberSyncs operate at 2.4Ghz, so you won't have this trouble with them, and are my personal recommendation. I love mine and can't imagine needing anything more expensive.
    Travis
  • Options
    Don KondraDon Kondra Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Thanks, the CyberSyncs are on the list but for now my existing systems are working fine, on their own :D

Too bad they don't play well together...

I'm not sure if I'm going to pursue leaving my strobes outside all day to catch a bird, he, he..

If I need to shoot with both wireless systems again, I will be calling Paul :D

FYI, recently I placed an order on line on a Sunday, it was delivered in Saskatoon on Tuesday. Doesn't get any better than that...

Cheers, Don
  • Options
    thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Don Kondra wrote:
    FYI, recently I placed an order on line on a Sunday, it was delivered in Saskatoon on Tuesday. Doesn't get any better than that...Cheers, Don

I hear ya. When I ordered my CyberSyncs I placed my order at 11pm on a Tuesday and UPS showed up with them at 10am on Thursday. And that was with regular shipping!

Granted, I'm in Missouri which isn't too far from Paul, but still that's humping.
    Travis