Options

smuggy troubles tonite?

CanuckityCanuckity Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited June 14, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Is it just my site or is smuggy having some technical difficulties tonite? I'm soooo close to finishing my gallery I have been uploading to all evening :cry

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Noticed this a few minutes ago.
    I have whole pages with blank thumbs and main photos.

Some thumbs are stating to show now, but not all. Clicking any thumb and main doesn't show.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2009
    That's exactly what's happening to mine, banner not showing, some photos not showing. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Allen wrote:
    Noticed this a few minutes ago.
    I have whole pages with blank thumbs and main photos.

Some thumbs are stating to show now, but not all. Clicking any thumb and main doesn't show.

Me too. Right in the middle of trying to get some work done in a gallery.
  • Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Can you view photos in this gallery?
    Because I cannot! I just recently (today) updated to the newest firefox, my other galleries seem to be working fine, I just can't view the photos in this gallery. The thumbnails show (sometimes) but only like 5 work when I click on them... Any ideas?

http://candidartsphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/5721836_dytPX#537100909_aw59K

EDIT: As soon as I posted this I went and tried again. More are working, but not all. I've tried quitting firefox and restarting too...

Thanks.
  • Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I also am having issues, but also first day here with the Safari 4 downloaded. Possible cause? not sure. If it is the newest version of Safari causing this, I will gladly change back to Safari 3, but I also tried it with FireFox, same results...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Are you folks still seeing this issue? I'm browsing fine, so I need to check with you all.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Are you folks still seeing this issue? I'm browsing fine, so I need to check with you all.

Yep. Thumbnails not showing up in galleries (some, but not all appear in many galleries and in a few none appear).
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Main photo still not showing when clicking most thumbs.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2009
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Andy wrote:

Im having issues too Andy, 21:20CST
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    GrlyGrly Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Yep. Issues here too :(
  • Options
    ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    me too!
    Canuckity wrote:
    Yup.

many thumbs have red X's and no upload errors in the log. (just uploaded this evening)
    anna
  • Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I'm having the same issues with thumbnails and loading the full image. Even images that are linked on external sites, sometimes they show up (on the external site) and sometimes they don't. I'm using Firefox 3 on Mac and this is the first issue i've had in a while.

What it feels like is a slow internet connection (but all other sites, including DGrin are coming up fine for me).
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2009
    darkdragon wrote:
    I'm having the same issues with thumbnails and loading. Even images that are linked on external sites, sometimes they show up (on the external site) and sometimes they don't. I'm using Firefox 3 on Mac and this is the first issue i've had in a while.

What it feels like is a slow internet connection (but all other sites, including DGrin are coming up fine for me).

Id have to agree with darkdragon - gives the impression of a really slow connection ONLY to our SM sites. Thumbnail issues mostly but sometimes the larger images wont load either

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    edited June 13, 2009
    Engineers are working on it and should have full function back very soon, sorry about that!
  • Options
    CraigKCraigK Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Same problem here.

troublebound.smugmug.com

Thumbnails show up, but not the main photos.

edit: I see Andy posted while I was typing. thumb.gif
    troublebound.smugmug.com
    "Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em!"
  • Options
    tpowertpower Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Yep having same problem plus one
    I am having similar problems. In addition, links I have posted that point to display copies of my images are not working for those (1000 or so) people receiving the links. Hope this can get cleared up soon!!!

Attempting to follow one of these links resulted in the following error:

Internal Server Error - Read
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.c7faead1.1244947230.9b6e5ff

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Same here. Have nothing but lines where thumbs are supposed to be. The galleries that do load are slow and not all thumbs show up. I guess I'll wait for the fix.
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
  • Options
    ebwestebwest Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
  • Options
    jhmjcmjhmjcm Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Issue remains - not only on galleries uploaded tonight but on older galleries as well.
  • Options
    Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Smuggy trouble
    Mine is not working well now. ne_nau.gif

Andy wrote:
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Problems with my sites too: http://jfriend.smugmug.com and http://friend.smugmug.com. Some gallery thumbs don't load and most main images don't load. Homepage loads fine.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    lyneInSFlyneInSF Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    Same here. Get errors when trying to upload photos and thumbnails not showing up sometimes.
  • Options
    dmarsh27dmarsh27 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2009
    I'm still having problems
    I've tried on multiple computers and browsers. When I try to load galleries almost all the pictures and thumbnails are absent. If I open my activity monitor, I see lots of "internal server error" messages. If I wait for a minute or so, an "internal server error" message will go away and a picture will show up. This happens for a while, but eventually ends before all of the pictures have loaded.

I haven't changed anything to the site since it was working fine, other than importing some pictures.

www.danielspictures.com
  • Options
    mmcguiremmcguire Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2009
    My old galleries appear to be fine. The issue for me is only on new photos uploaded tonight. Thumbnails show up, but main photo does not.
  • Options
    zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2009
    I get red X's for most thumbs new and old.
    www.zackjonesphotography.net
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • Options
    dmarsh27dmarsh27 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2009
    I'm up now
    I'm running at full speed now. Thanks "engineers."
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2009
    How about now? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2009
    It looks like it's been fixed...are you guys that fast or is it still being wonky for others?

Edit: posting as Andy did, thanks for the fast work guys!
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    How about now? ear.gif

I concur it seems fixed, thanks Andy