Options

Most recent wedding

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited July 18, 2009 in Weddings
Thought I would share some pics from my most recent wedding. The bride looked soooooooo pretty. :lust

Posting here mostly posed pics ... c&c welcome. You can find more photos on my blog (feel free to leave me a message, if you feel like it :D )

1:

[/CENTER]
590325578_gJLZ6-L.jpg

2:

590316702_BYNpa-L.jpg

3:

590331036_M8wTP-L-1.jpg

4:

592198053_YbrC4-L.jpg

5:

590436796_WUNBK-L.jpg

6:

590460641_SZeZP-L.jpg
7:
592282834_k7Wgf-L.jpg

8:

592285157_tYxXE-L.jpg
9:

591116620_LApgh-L.jpg

10:

591119147_L39RW-L.jpg

11:

591209292_vy74B-L.jpg

12: I had a fuuun bridal party, can you tell?? :D

591259969_WoWh9-L-1.jpg

13:

590312298_gFFZC-L.jpg

14:

592019173_toeUZ-L.jpg

15:

591285776_pJAW7-L.jpg

16: (I'm sure this one will look blown to some of you guys, but I like that look :wink

591299011_Y2PFk-L.jpg

17:

591948955_zUJnt-L.jpg

18:

591367886_rYLcN-L.jpg

19:

591276100_WtSEh-XL.jpg

20:

591954049_T8oqb-XL.jpg
21:
591138006_k2Jna-XL.jpg

22:

592180316_bynUD-L.jpg

23:

592321076_mqhKx-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
  • Options
    Phil TompsonPhil Tompson Banned Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Those are some great shots. I really like the one with the table. Good work!
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Ok it is official.

You are amazing.

Love all of these and it looks effortless.

I love how you keep them so bright but not actually blown... pretty amazing!
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Just love those eye in 17
    Wow, what a large wedding party.
    Very nice work.
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • Options
    whiteaglewhiteagle Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    That's funny, I was going to say how much I loved everything except 17. Different tastes for different people I guess. Anyway, if this were my wedding, I'd be more than pleased. You've got a timeless style and one that comes from talent not skill. Although to pull off those kinds of exposures, you've definitely got the skills to back it up.
    My website: Fresh Edge Photo
    My latest project: Worship Backgrounds
    My twitter habit: Daniel Roberts
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    Thanks everybodyyyy iloveyou.gif

whiteagle, haha! I do see your point. I was actually thinking the same (it was just a snapshot between shots), but her eyes drew me in when I looked at the pic once I was back home, so I couldn't make myslef ditch the photo, haha ...

Phil. Thanks! :D I really like the ghosty look of the table cloth too/ Was only like a 3 second exposure, but it was really windy that day thumb.gif

(Thanks Heather iloveyou.gif)
  • Options
    mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks everybodyyyy iloveyou.gif

whiteagle, haha! I do see your point. I was actually thinking the same (it was just a snapshot between shots), but her eyes drew me in when I looked at the pic once I was back home, so I couldn't make myslef ditch the photo, haha ...

Phil. Thanks! :D I really like the ghosty look of the table cloth too/ Was only like a 3 second exposure, but it was really windy that day thumb.gif

(Thanks Heather iloveyou.gif)

OK OK your stuff is amazing!! I am especially jealous of your PP skills. Would you mind someday posting some of your secrets in the new Grad School forum...particularly how you processed the eyes in #17. A lot of us are still trying to find our way through Photoshop and LR and could use as many tutorials as possible....
  • Options
    JonnyyayaJonnyyaya Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Some Amazing work there : )
  • Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Love the eyes in 17, but what I'm really interested in is #11. That's an awesome wedding party shot. Just wondering, is it just lit by sunlight? I'm assuming so since the people are so spread out... did you use a polarizer to get the rich blue sky? Or some PP magic?
  • Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Very nice job. Know the bride and groom will be very happy with these. You did a great job capturing this beautiful day and beautiful event. You really connected with them and captured the love they share for each other.

Congrats on job well done.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Sigh. I just look, and marvel. As Heather said, you just make it look EFFORTLESS, and consistently produce beautiful shot after beautiful shot.

You're an inspiration!
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    Thanks for the nice comments rhondaivid & divamum, it was def. one of my favorite weddings. They didn't really have many details, but the couple was sooooo handsome, and she just lit the whole room / tent when they came in + having a gorgeous setting for the posed photos helps :Diloveyou.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Really stunning Agnies....

Just beautiful....and have I ever told you how much I love your tastefull processing!!!iloveyou.gif

Seriously.....these skin tones are candy!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Really stunning Agnies....

Just beautiful....and have I ever told you how much I love your tastefull processing!!!iloveyou.gif

Seriously.....these skin tones are candy!thumb.gif

Thank you Jeff iloveyou.gif

Living on the (skin-)edge ... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Holy frickin huge bridal party batman. Hopefully you had someone to help corral them. I know the smooth skin, edgy exposure is kinda your thing, but to me a couple of these go beyond toeing the line on being blown out. The dance shots are perfectly exposed and awesome color, very impressive. Your compositions are always strong, and these are very strong, it seems that you do a LOT of different things with them, you really change things up. Great set.
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    Blurmore wrote:
    Holy frickin huge bridal party batman. Hopefully you had someone to help corral them. I know the smooth skin, edgy exposure is kinda your thing, but to me a couple of these go beyond toeing the line on being blown out. The dance shots are perfectly exposed and awesome color, very impressive. Your compositions are always strong, and these are very strong, it seems that you do a LOT of different things with them, you really change things up. Great set.

This was actually not my biggest bridal party. I had one this year with 34 (!!! eek7.gif) people, the couple & parents not included! Crazy. Just imagine what they had to pay for all the extra limos! headscratch.gif

The last bridal party was a lot of fun, didn't need much help, nor did I have to yell around too much rolleyes1.gif It's just a bummer when you get home, after you positioned everybody (for the group shots), and then you look at the photo, and some of the guys moved ... just a couple of inches, but of course that made a difference and you don't see the whole face ne_nau.gif Oh well. I guess the important thing with big bridal parties is to get MANY photos & a couple different poses, so you end up with at least a couple of shots where you see them all thumb.gif

Yeah, I know ... I live on the edge of being blown, but I like the effect, and my couples seem to like it to mwink.gif

Glad you liked the dancing shots. iloveyou.gif Thanks for commenting.
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Now THESE are wedding photos! Splendid work Angie..simply spendid. Even the subdued colors work so incredibly well (the few you did that way). She is beautiful! You made her and the whole bridal party shine. You my dear are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing. iloveyou.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Now THESE are wedding photos! Splendid work Angie..simply spendid. Even the subdued colors work so incredibly well (the few you did that way). She is beautiful! You made her and the whole bridal party shine. You my dear are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing. iloveyou.gif

First of all: SWARTZY!!!! Where have you beeen??? Been missing your pics on this board!!!! wings.gif

And then: ... awww, thank you :): Helps a lot when you have such a gooorgeous looking bride thumb.gif
  • Options
    WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Beautiful Angie! Love the bridal party shot...That is awesome. Can you share some of what your processing is for the light tones and flawless but not overprocessed skin...is it an action or a filter?
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Options
    PamaniPamani Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    wow, those are awesome!
  • Options
    HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Can't really offer anything but praise. Excellent stuff from start to finish.
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    These are fabulous! When lens do you tend to favor for your wedding shoots?
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thought I would share some pics from my most recent wedding. The bride looked soooooooo pretty. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    These are fabulous! When lens do you tend to favor for your wedding shoots?

Thanks Pamani, Hurme & GoofBckt iloveyou.gif

GoofBckt, It's soooo haard to say. Let's see ..:

- during the prep shots, def my 50mm + macro + 24-70
    - during the ceremony my 50, 24-70 + 70-200 + my wide angle
    - during the posed photos mostly my 24-70
    - during the reception my 50, 24-70 and sometimes my wide angle :D
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Thanks so much for all that info. :)
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Thanks Pamani, Hurme & GoofBckt iloveyou.gif

GoofBckt, It's soooo haard to say. Let's see ..:

- during the prep shots, def my 50mm + macro + 24-70
    - during the ceremony my 50, 24-70 + 70-200 + my wide angle
    - during the posed photos mostly my 24-70
    - during the reception my 50, 24-70 and sometimes my wide angle :D
  • Options
    CaroleHayesCaroleHayes Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!! bowdown.gif

Your style is nothing like mine, but I absolutely love these!! clap.gif
    Don't cry because it's over—smile because it happened.
    - Dr. Seuss

My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2009
    Thanks Carole iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Just butter, I tell ya......BUTTER! That translates into one smooooooooth style my friend. Super job....as always! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:
    Just butter, I tell ya......BUTTER! That translates into one smooooooooth style my friend. Super job....as always! bowdown.gif

Ohhhhh!!! Haha. Thanks Idlewild!! rolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    Idlewild wrote:

...makes me want toast. :giggle
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    ...makes me want toast. :giggle

Toast? Did somebody say... toast??? rolleyes1.gif

Back to topic: Agnieszka, what do you do for those skin tones? Is it because you tend towards the lighter end of the exposure, or do you have some amazing refinishing technique for that incredibly beautiful, creamy, ultra-smooth look? (Or is this your "secret ingredient" which I'm not supposed to ask about? If so, apologies - blame my remnants of n00bness :D)