Options

ripe juicy cherries and coconut ....

2»

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited June 3, 2005
    • Cost of a circuitous walk through a dark London alley on a quest for momentary pleasures... Personal safety and questionable health risks.
    • Cost of a carton of Cherry Ripes... $100 on Debit MasterCard.
    • Enjoying a fun thread like this on DGrin... Priceless.
    Gotta be one of the best photo essays in months, Andy. thumb.gif
    Now, I must ponder this thought. I am getting mighty worried, and even a bit scared, where all this C-Riping is headed. headscratch.gif And then this new drug I hear about just today; what's it called? Coffee Crisps, is it? ne_nau.gif

There will be a day when these forums are all but emptied out; and the de-tox units will be filled with mostly Smugmuggers and Dgrinners. :twitch

Does health insurance cover the risks of these foods? Or does it come under some exemptionable clause of self-endangerment? deal.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    I have to admit to feeling guilty for introducing a desperate and weakened man to a new source of supply. I just hope his children don't see him in this chocolate, cherry induced feeding frenzy.

I'll never forgive myself!! I insist the box is finished by the time you reach the airport :D

andy can we expect more frequent visits to London now??
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    ..................headscratch.gif so what do i do with the box of KING SIZE that i picked up this arvo ne_nau.gif .

• Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    TassieD wrote:
    Do I dare mention that cadbury's actually sell a cherry Ripe icecream?

Just as good as the bar version and get to satify the desire for both cerry ripes and icecream :D

Great story Andy...clap.gif
    Shhh ...im bringing andy up to where i want him gradually then when he is at his weakest im gonna pop him right over the edge.

Gus
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    ..................headscratch.gif so what do i do with the box of KING SIZE that i picked up this arvo ne_nau.gif .

just what you always planned, 'gus, stick to the plan

lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    andy wrote:
    just what you always planned, 'gus, stick to the plan

lol3.gif
    Are you sure you wont be sick of 'em before then ?

Now ...have you put some in the fridge & tried them really cold ? Thats the best way to eat 'em !

And as mentioned....the next level

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cherry Ripe Bite Size
    Delicious pieces of ice cream blended with cherries and smothered in rich Cadbury Old Gold dark chocolate presented on a rich metallic flow wrapped tray.
    [/font]
  • Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Tassie - I will PM you my address in LA. Please go to your nearest store, purchase 5 gallons of the CRIC, contact DHL, explain you have a perishable shipment bound for the US, have them provide a dry-ice chest... rolleyes1.gif

Look, you all may drool over cherry ripes, Andy may be king of the ribs, but nobody, understand NOBODY can out-eat me on ice cream NO BODY!!! :D
    Forgot to mention that my local store would be the cadbury's factory about 5km from where I live, will hopefully be doing a job out the in teh up coming months.........can't wait
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Tassie

has anyone ever told you, you are a tease, before. headscratch.gif
    Hi there Dragon, yep have been told a couple of times, they also sell other flavours as well, but I think you guys are pretty much fixed on cherry ripes at the moment.

Cheers
    David
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    rolleyes1.gifLaughing.gif, the empty box says it all :D . Interesting perspectives Andy to start off with. The rest I'm just plain old jealous. I didn't know these were that popular in the US ??. I've tried them a couple of times and there were darn good I must admit. If you ever get down this way, I'll give you a box of peanut slabs mwink.gif

Danny.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I can PM you my address. :D
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,189 moderator
    edited June 4, 2005
    Googled it
    We ought to get paid (in Cherry Ripes) for helping Cadbury promote these things.

As of when I write this, if you type in "cherry ripes" in Google™, Dgrin threads about Cherry Ripes come up as the 6th and 7th listings. And if we keep this up, we'll be ranked even higher. We Rock! thumb.gif

And I haven't even had the pleasure of eating one yet. :cry
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    We ought to get paid (in Cherry Ripes) for helping Cadbury promote these things.

As of when I write this, if you type in "cherry ripes" in Google™, Dgrin threads about Cherry Ripes come up as the 6th and 7th listings. And if we keep this up, we'll be ranked even higher. We Rock! thumb.gif

And I haven't even had the pleasure of eating one yet. :cry
    Mate i must admit...i have evil intentions taking the 15 odd bars over in my camera bag but never ..NEVER did i think i would uncover a monster of biblical proportions.

Gus

Just dropped a 7bar special in one sitting....im going in to have my stomach pumped in about an hour.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    from the airport lounge, gatwick
    i started two days ago with 48 cherry ripes. after two days with gubbs and luben, and gubbs' family (after all, mrs g is about to lamb jr gubbs!), there's only 25 bars left!

whoops - 24 - damn, shudda packed 'em in my luggage lol3.gif
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    This is the funniest thread ever
    Andy, you are quite a story teller. Love the photo essay. Maybe we can ALL write letters to Cadbury and get them to market these things in the US. Their Cadburry Easter Eggs do a tremendous business at Easter time. Of course, if they sell Cherry Ripes during one season only, all the "hooked" individuals will revolt. rolleyes1.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Googled it
    Just checked Google. It's now #3. clap.gifclapclap.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog