Options

Re: Maple Leaf over at STF

MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited June 11, 2005 in The Big Picture
Just a heads up, seems the notorious 'Henblue' over at STF hammered forum member Maple Leaf pretty good (I did report his post to Phil when I first discovered it btw), and Bob-Maple Leaf is pulling out of STF.

He may change his mind, but if not I wanted to contact him and invite him to come over here. Unfortunately I am unable to find any way to do so other than an open forum response (which I will gladly do).

I just wanted to know if any Dgrinners contacted Maple Leaf to let him know we are here?

Anyone?

Mongrel
If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...

Comments

• Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    I'll give him a shout and see what's up, thanks for letting me know.

AJ
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 3, 2005
    Mongrel,

I think Bob would really like it over here thumb.gif

Hopefully, someone will be able to let him know the address here without having to post it in the STF. Dgrin has gotten enough flack there already, no need to stoke that fire any hotter, IMHO :uhoh

I've invited some STFers who have a email addy in their STF profile. Phil should make that mandatory. It would get rid of a lot of the trolls clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    With all I keep hearing about STF, I keep thinking WTF?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    With all I keep hearing about STF, I keep thinking WTF?
    Laughing.gif David,
    It's where a number of us first met. Like some of the other folks that knew each other from ADVrider. STF is the Sony Talk Fourm over at Digital Photography Review.

I'd say there are at least 25 active members here that met through the STF. Besides Mongrel and AJ, there's Shay, Andy, Harry, Ann McRae, Skippy, Danny (NZMacro), Nikolai, Kudbegud, Dee, Nee7x7, Yuri, Luben, Adrian, Ric Grupe, Netgarden, Rich (Evil Eggplant), Chris Higgmeister, melissa6631, David S85 and myself to name a few (sorry if I missed anyone rolleyes1.gif )

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Why do you guys still hang out there? I just clicked on this thread and felt my brain turn to mush. What a waste of time.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    Laughing.gif David,
    It's where a number of us first met. Like some of the other folks that knew each other from ADVrider. STF is the Sony Talk Fourm over at Digital Photography Review.

I'd say there are at least 25 active members here that met through the STF. Besides Mongrel and AJ, there's Shay, Andy, Harry, Ann McRae, Skippy, Danny (NZMacro), Nikolai, Kudbegud, Dee, Nee7x7, Yuri, Luben, Adrian, Ric Grupe, Netgarden, Rich (Evil Eggplant), Chris Higgmeister, melissa6631, David S85 and myself to name a few (sorry if I missed anyone rolleyes1.gif )

Steve

Actually, I knew most of that. I didn't have the complete list of suspects, and my comment was less about the initials, but more about how unpleasant it sounds over there. WTF? Another phrase that keeps coming to mind is: why can't we all just get along? I'm with wxwax, I don't get it.

BUT: it sure makes me grateful for what I've found here. Great bunch of folks, great information and no unpleasantries.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2005
    It's like..
    wxwax wrote:
    Why do you guys still hang out there? I just clicked on this thread and felt my brain turn to mush. What a waste of time.
    .. you don't want to leave it to trolls.. ne_nau.gif

I figured - I will continue to post, *ignore* trolls (like halpren), help to whom I can, and provide info on smugmug and dgrin - while being a legit STE-er..
    Besides, I can simply ignore this type of posts, too:-)

I still do have feelings for STF.. I don't want let it go without the fight!
    < mem >
    When I was admin/mod for programmers forum, we had invasion of trolls.. It was bad.. I was almost ready to leave (as many did). But then I decided that it's not right.. And we cleared them out.. All of them!
    Of course, in STF case it more challenge.. Well, we have more experience now. It's not 1995 anymore:-) < /mem >

Just my 1/2000 sec:-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    .. you don't want to leave it to trolls.. ne_nau.gif
    Yeah, I can see that kind of loyalty. It's a credit to you. Things sure seem to degenerate fast in that forum.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    You forgot Michiel!!!!
    (sorry if I missed anyone rolleyes1.gif )
    Steve
    Mick! Steve, how could you forget Mick!!!:D
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    I know, I was waiting to see if he caught it! naughty.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    Yeah, that's true
    wxwax wrote:
    Yeah, I can see that kind of loyalty. It's a credit to you. Things sure seem to degenerate fast in that forum.
    Thanks!
    Unless we, who "grew up" there (I definitely did), provide same kind of care-n-share that we recieved from Uly, Andy, Shay - who's gonna give the n00bs an advice? People who never took a single shot in their lives and can only "critique" others and whine to Phil.. Freaking "commissars"..
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Yeah, and Mick rolleyes1.gif :hide Sorry buddy. I am old and forgetful :cry

Knowing this, I apologized ahead of time :-)

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    I don't, I officially gave up on it over a month ago. It's not the same place anymore. Like Darth Vader, it killed the old STF and now is a dark evil place, a retched hive of scum and villainy hehehe. Until it changes back, I will be staying away.

wxwax wrote:
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    I also stopped posting there when the trolls (and some non-trolls) got too vindictive. I still look thru the 300d/350d forum, but the noise level is incredibly high.

Much nicer here and agree that Bob would like it here too.

regards
    alan
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Yeah, and Mick rolleyes1.gif :hide Sorry buddy. I am old and forgetful :cry

Knowing this, I apologized ahead of time :-)

Steve
    :lol apology accepted ol' man!!!
    I have a lot of respect for the good guys who remain at STF, I'm getting more and more fed up with the Halpren figurine and all the whining around... [sigh]

Luckily we got Dgrin, I'll send bob an email too!!! He'll be most welcome here!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    :lol apology accepted ol' man!!!
    I have a lot of respect for the good guys who remain at STF, I'm getting more and more fed up with the Halpren figurine and all the whining around... [sigh]

Luckily we got Dgrin, I'll send bob an email too!!! He'll be most welcome here!
    Looks like it worked. Maple Leaf is our newest member.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Looks like it worked. Maple Leaf is our newest member.
    iloveyou.gif

AJ
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    He Joined Already :)
    Hey Mongrel.... :D

I sent Bob and email to come join us over here, and no sooner did I post it and come back, I noticed his name flashed up as a new member rolleyes1.gif
    Someone beat me to it :D I'm sure he will enjoy this forum.

Skippy (Australia)
    Mongrel wrote:
    Just a heads up, seems the notorious 'Henblue' over at STF hammered forum member Maple Leaf pretty good (I did report his post to Phil when I first discovered it btw), and Bob-Maple Leaf is pulling out of STF.

He may change his mind, but if not I wanted to contact him and invite him to come over here. Unfortunately I am unable to find any way to do so other than an open forum response (which I will gladly do).

I just wanted to know if any Dgrinners contacted Maple Leaf to let him know we are here?

Anyone?

Mongrel
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Very cool...
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey Mongrel.... :D

I sent Bob and email to come join us over here, and no sooner did I post it and come back, I noticed his name flashed up as a new member rolleyes1.gif
    Someone beat me to it :D I'm sure he will enjoy this forum.

Skippy (Australia)
    thumb.gifclap.gif Another soul rescued!!!

That is fantastic! I really thought that Bob was one very classy guy, and when I saw that post by Henblue umph.gif I decided (1) to report the post (2) get Bob over here where he will be appreciated and get the support he deserves.

BIG THANKYOU to all who reached out to him. I couldn't find an email listed under his profile, and when I clicked on his pbase link it took me to the pbase home page. I searched for Maple Leaf in various forms but never got anywhere ne_nau.gif . I was just going to blantantly tell him to go to dgrin right in the thread but thought better of it and came here first. Glad I did.

Pretty sad when you have to rescue people from a *burning* forum. Maybe we need a Dgrin Fire Department for the STF rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    OK. Now we've got Bob, anyone want to try Yehuda?

regards
    alan
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Yehuda?
    Oh, that would be great. I enjoyed his photos and stories so much.
  • Options
    Maple LeafMaple Leaf Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2005
    I am here and thanks so much for the welcome
    Mongrel wrote:
    thumb.gifclap.gif Another soul rescued!!!

That is fantastic! I really thought that Bob was one very classy guy, and when I saw that post by Henblue umph.gif I decided (1) to report the post (2) get Bob over here where he will be appreciated and get the support he deserves.

BIG THANKYOU to all who reached out to him. I couldn't find an email listed under his profile, and when I clicked on his pbase link it took me to the pbase home page. I searched for Maple Leaf in various forms but never got anywhere ne_nau.gif . I was just going to blantantly tell him to go to dgrin right in the thread but thought better of it and came here first. Glad I did.

Pretty sad when you have to rescue people from a *burning* forum. Maybe we need a Dgrin Fire Department for the STF rolleyes1.gif
    clap.gif Hi, everyone. Reading your comments and then working so hard to get me over here to dgrin (thanks to Skippy and AJ) I came on in. What a relief to find so many 'good guys and gals' on this new dgrin forum.

Now, I do hope someone will advise me how to enlarge your photos like we did on STF. I see photos on top of these pages, but I can't move them.

Also, how to post a photo of mine once in a while.

Thanks to everyone...I am one happy 'grandfather'.
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Hi Bob
    Maple Leaf wrote:
    clap.gif Hi, everyone. Reading your comments and then working so hard to get me over here to dgrin (thanks to Skippy and AJ) I came on in. What a relief to find so many 'good guys and gals' on this new dgrin forum.

Now, I do hope someone will advise me how to enlarge your photos like we did on STF. I see photos on top of these pages, but I can't move them.

The size limit is 800 pixels wide and 117 file size if you use "manage attachments" below to post one photo. You will notice HarryB will post one photo, hit reply and post a second, hit reply and post a third.

You can link from any of your online albums. I use photobucket which you can have list the under the photo. Copy that and paste in your message. I think there's a help section somewhere too. I'm sure someone will post the link.  It takes a while to figure out, but everything is there except for "my threads" which I miss.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    bob, posting photos here from pbase
    bob

you start by doing exactly what you used to do over at stf

but

you have to sandwich the filename.jpg in between the following codes

and

it's all explained in this thread

cheers
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Maple Leaf wrote:

clap.gif Great to have you here, mate, glad you joined us. I look forward to seeing your shots and learning your techiques, all with an eye towards stealing them, of course. naughty.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    simon bennettsimon bennett Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Maple Leaf wrote:
    clap.gif Hi, everyone. Reading your comments and then working so hard to get me over here to dgrin (thanks to Skippy and AJ)

Aw, you're not so old... heh heh. Welcome aboard, Bob.
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    I read the first page and gave up. That's not helpful or interesting in any way.It is sad to see an established forum lose the plot.
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Just wanted to say...
    "Hi Bob!" and welcome to the SANE Asylum rolleyes1.gif

Mongrel
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2005
    Welcome Bob!
    Good to see another fine STFer joined Dgrin!thumb.gif
  • Options
    motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2005
    Maple Leaf wrote:

welcome Bob, great to see you here.
    You did the right move.
    Cheers
    Moti