Options

GOT A CALL TO NIGHT FROM THE aRT

2»

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Art - I usually write pretty well. I'd be glad to help if there's a way.

Lauren
    THANX......I'll owe you I know.
    I'll send pm and see if you can make it better.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    Redleash came to my rescue.....wow.....what creativity with the keyboard.
    So cool.

THANX REDLEASH .bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Still waiting to hear how many and what sizes so I can invoice for all this stress and strain.:D :D
    Can I invoice for stress and strain or pain and suffering:D :D did not think so................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    Bio off in the (e) mail
    With Redleash's (Lauren) articulation and creativity with words we produced (she produced) a fantastic sounding bio and not one bit of it was stretching the truth at all.......she took it from sounding hokey to sounding professional.

THANX LAUREN!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

The art director did say it would be approx 1 more month before he can release which files and their sizes were used.......so the waiting continues......

• Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2009
    My pleasure, Art. I had a lot of practice stringing together a word or two during my career. Just glad I could help. I am pretty sure there is no invoice code for stress. Besides you don't ever want your clients to think you are anything but calm, cool, and collected, right? :ivar

I'll look forward to the final product--be sure to let us know which shots they used.

Congratulations again!

"RedLeash"
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 24, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    My pleasure, Art. I had a lot of practice stringing together a word or two during my career. Just glad I could help. I am pretty sure there is no invoice code for stress. Besides you don't ever want your clients to think you are anything but calm, cool, and collected, right? :ivar

I'll look forward to the final product--be sure to let us know which shots they used.

Congratulations again!

"RedLeash"

Did i say I was stressed....nooooot me nope, cool as a cucumber in the frig:D

Yes I will post the used image(s) when notified.....that will be the final post to this thread......

• Options
    edited May 13, 2009
    Update...........
    wings.gifbarbwings.gifivar:ivar:ivarwings.gifbarbwings.gif
    Got an email from the Art Director tonight saying I should be receiving my copy of Wichita Visions by the end of next week. When it arrives then I can invoice for photos and size used......money in the bank is closer.........

I placed the bio RedLeash and I created on my homepage of my site.....couldn't see it just sitting in a folder as a word doc.........

• Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2009
    Congratulations Art clap.gifclap
    Holding your copy of Wichita Visions will be your biggest reward believe me, but the cash is handy :-) Well done.

Caroline
    Art Scott wrote:
    wings.gifbarbwings.gifivar:ivar:ivarwings.gifbarbwings.gif
    Got an email from the Art Director tonight saying I should be receiving my copy of Wichita Visions by the end of next week. When it arrives then I can invoice for photos and size used......money in the bank is closer.........
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2009
    caroline wrote:
    Congratulations Art clap.gifclap
    Holding your copy of Wichita Visions will be your biggest reward believe me, but the cash is handy :-) Well done.

Caroline

Thank you......I should have gotten copies of the Microwave CookBook ("Definitive Microwave Cookery ll" by Carolyn Dodson) I shot the cover for and the back portrait for, some 15yrs ago........Hindsight.....yeah

• Options
    edited May 13, 2009
    Hi Art-

I was just wondering about this the other day. Glad it's so close to being in hand! Can't wait to see it.

Hmmm, maybe I can put this on MY resume: "authored photographer's bio for published journal." mwink.gif

Cheers,
    Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Hi Art-

I was just wondering about this the other day. Glad it's so close to being in hand! Can't wait to see it. Neither can I...Oh yeah!!

Hmmm, maybe I can put this on MY resume: "authored photographer's bio for published journal." mwink.gif

I don't see why not.......or at least an "edited photographers bio for book..............

Cheers,
    Lauren

responses above

• Options
    carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2009
    Hi Art,
    There is something odd going on with your site - the header has disappeared under a brown colored bar extending the width of the page and there isn't any navigation . Sorry I don't have time to do screen shots just whizzing off doe a few days. Viewing on a mac in FF 3.03
    Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2009
    "edited bio" thumb.gif

I'm still smilin' for you, Art--it's so exciting to see one's work get published! (I've had words published, but no photos . . . yet, I hope.) clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2009
    Latest info.......
    Had a total of 24 images used from 1/4 page to 2 page ( i presume this is one image covering 2 pages.......oh hell here is the lay out of my photos.....

4 - 1/4 page
    12 - 1/2 page
    5- 1 page
    3 - 2 paqe..........

there is now a new camera system in the works for sure.....I hope to have the actual book next week (hell everyone else in town has seen it but me (lawyers, cpa's and such that have purchased the book......I had an email from a friend at one of the Midwests largest CPA firms congratulating me on a couple of photos....even she did not tell me I had 24wings.gifbarbwings.gifivar:ivar:ivar in the book........

Sorry got a little excited there......now I can invoice even tho I do not know exactly which photos were used.....as soon as I get my copy I am going to make a special Gallery just for the Wichita Visions Book Photos........

I have had friends wanting to pre-order copies if I can get my hands on them......oh what fun:D:D:D

• Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    there is now a new camera system in the works for sure.....I hope to have the actual book next week (hell everyone else in town has seen it but me (lawyers, cpa's and such that have purchased the book......I had an email from a friend at one of the Midwests largest CPA firms congratulating me on a couple of photos....even she did not tell me I had 24wings.gifbarbwings.gifivar:ivar:ivar in the book........

Sorry got a little excited there......
    ......oh what fun:D:D:D

it's so fun watching an adult get excited about something. We usually get stodgier as we get older; so Art, your excitement is refreshing wings.gif (and very well deserved) - congratulations!!! clap.gif

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2009
    Frog Lady wrote:
    it's so fun watching an adult get excited about something. We usually get stodgier as we get older; so Art, your excitement is refreshing wings.gif (and very well deserved) - congratulations!!! clap.gif

C.

I appreciate the kind words, and it is fun and exciting to me.

It is funny....this is not my first time being published....and I find everytime just as exciting as the last........especially since I have yet to approach anyone to get published......
    I forgot to bookmark the thread where a proclaimed newbie was asking if the xcitement or new or somethng to that effect wears off.....and for me it has not......If I was shooting strictly on a publishers deadline 12 months out of the year.....then it might not be as much fun or as exciting.....to answer that I would need to ask Mr. Muench.

• Options
    edited May 19, 2009
    caroline wrote:
    Hi Art,
    There is something odd going on with your site - the header has disappeared under a brown colored bar extending the width of the page and there isn't any navigation . Sorry I don't have time to do screen shots just whizzing off doe a few days. Viewing on a mac in FF 3.03
    Caroline

Yup your correct....I fired up my old PC and it is that way on there.....coming in as a guest.....now if I sign in all is perfect and FF3.03 is what i have also (latest FF for PC anyway)

Thanks a lot..............

• Options
    edited May 20, 2009
    YEEEEEE - HAAAAAA!!! thumb.gif

24 clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Can't wait to see what shots you have in the book. WELL DONE, Art!!!!!!

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    YEEEEEE - HAAAAAA!!! thumb.gif

24 clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Can't wait to see what shots you have in the book. WELL DONE, Art!!!!!!

Lauren

wings.gif THANK YOU!!!!

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2009
    Yes, Please make a gallery of the shots that made it in the book. I am curious to see your fine work.

CONGRATS!
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2009
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    Yes, Please make a gallery of the shots that made it in the book. I am curious to see your fine work.

CONGRATS!

Thanx john.....hopefully it will be open for business 1st.
    Looking to integrate PPal so I can sell copies of book from my website alsomwink.gif

Thad, the Art Director called this morning to let me know my copy of the book was in the mail and I should have in hand by Wednesday.......and he told me that the local bookstores should have had theirs in hand last week or early this week.....so now to spend and evening going to bookstores...........price printed on book jacket $55.99

• Options
    edited May 26, 2009
    Wichita Visions has arrived
    Wichita Visions has arrived now to pull the 24 pub. photos from the files make last entry into this thread........................

• Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Wichita Visions has arrived now to pull the 24 pub. photos from the files make last entry into this thread........................

You are killing me with anticipation - lets see the shots!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2009
    Wichita Visions......the Book......
    I was 1 of 7 featured photographers for this book. I was given 2 weeks to produced a library of 300 images......and was given the ok to submit ~30 off my website. so that gave me a total of 270 to produce in 2 weeks.........loads of fun and STRESS......but well worth the experience.

Here is the photos that were used in the book "WICHITA VISIONS".
    I am posting the original versions, as the Art Director and Art Editor cropped the hell out of some of the photo, which is fine but I have not taken the time to try and match the crops .................yet.
    So For those of you that had probably forgotten about this thread.......without furhter adeau......my photos published in "WICHITA VISIONS"..........................

1- The Cover ...............
    647782989_7SeDX-M.jpg

2- The River Troll safely imprisioned in a storm drain near the bike path on the Arkansas River.
    152145281_mMKid-M-3.jpg
    3- Jim Dandy of Black Oak Arkansas
    647699997_ixh4X-M-1.jpg

4-Juvy Bald Eagle
    647723165_eyk79-M-1.jpg
    5- Keeper of the Plains: This photo was very heavily cropped......to a vertical, croped to a little between the 1st and 2nd fire pit on the right.....cropping out the bridge......
    152145137_AvbME-M-3.jpg
    6-Wild Turkeys
    647707565_2Tk7s-M-1.jpg

7- Lucky People - Local area band
    647704340_HRpFK-M-1.jpg

8- Asylum - performed by the Alithea Mime Theatre
    647748873_X3AQY-M.jpg The rest of my published work for the project
    can be seen HERE

THANKX FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT OVER THE MONTHS OF THIS PROJECT!!!

• Options
    Congratulations, Art!! I know you put a lot of work into this and had to wait a long time to see the final product--but it looks like a nice book. Hopefully, this will generate more business for you also. Well done!

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    redleash wrote:
    Congratulations, Art!! I know you put a lot of work into this and had to wait a long time to see the final product--but it looks like a nice book. Hopefully, this will generate more business for you also. Well done!

Lauren

Thanx to you also for the great bio helpbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

• Options
    My pleasure, absolutely! :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com