LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Kerry checks this thread. lol3.gif

:tiptoe
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    ne_nau.gif I've been out of the loop for a day and I feel like I've missed something. I'm not sure what happened--but I'm looking forward to having you back in a month or sooner.

It feels like many of us did. headscratch.gif Wess, apologies if something in this thread upset you. It was all in good fun. Hope to see you return.
  • Options
    Mad CatMad Cat Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    Mad Cat, i'm a little confused by this, I thought we were all just having fun and sharing our fears about things that creep us out. The story you have shared is very sad, and it is aweful that things like that happen in our country. i sincerely apologize if what I said brought up bad memories for you. But that was not my intent, it was more of a way to prove a point of just how much maggots creep me out. again i apologize and hope you reconsider leaving.

My apologies to all.... touched a nerve, that's all. Can't believe I said that.. again apologies to all. Of course I'm not leaving but I may sit this contest out - having a hard time coming up with anything gruesome!! headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    It feels like many of us did. headscratch.gif Wess, apologies if something in this thread upset you. It was all in good fun. Hope to see you return.

See above - apologies to all. I was out of line to bring it up. And thanks for not being mad at me (I hope!). Had a flash back or something I guess....
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    No worries, MC - you're good. thumb.gif

In other news - I am SO BAD at generating ideas.... feeling stuck... AGAIN. Seems to be a recurring theme with every single challenge!!!

Maybe you and I can team up, MadCat - you come up with the idea and I'll shoot it. :D
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    Now that would be challenge idea, a collaborative challenge.. sort of group projects.. two images from two others, and yet another does the ps..

Or it could be like in my house, where my daughter does the whole team project till 2am, while the rest of the team sleeps..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    Or it could be like in my house, where my daughter does the whole team project till 2am, while the rest of the team sleeps..

Laughing.gif, that brings back some memories.
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2009
    Kinkajou wrote:
    No worries, MC - you're good. thumb.gif

In other news - I am SO BAD at generating ideas.... feeling stuck... AGAIN. Seems to be a recurring theme with every single challenge!!!

Maybe you and I can team up, MadCat - you come up with the idea and I'll shoot it. :D

I will PM you with something I had in mind.... I think you will like it....rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Mad Cat wrote:
    I will PM you with something I had in mind.... I think you will like it....rolleyes1.gif

:lurk
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    I'm 27 and I still do that! My 3 year old thinks i'm nuts!rolleyes1.gif

I did this last night! lol--Can't blv it.
    Was watching "Halloween" the original of course--and well I got scared--it was the music I tell ya.
    Went to the restroom in the middle of the night and was scared to turn the light off--flipped the switch and walked to my room in the dark--I tried hard to keep myself calm because I knew if I ran I would freak out more--it was the longest 3 seconds of my life--and I did pick up the pace as I got closer. lol. It's been a while since I've had that spooked feeling--FELT GREAT! lol.

I'm getting into Halloween very much this year and this challenge has only added to it--just want to say I'm enjoying everyone's ideas and this thread in particular:D .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2009
    Hey, Hoofie! Where's that equine yumminess... did the show get rained out? Have been scanning sports in hope... :D
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Hey, Hoofie! Where's that equine yumminess... did the show get rained out? Have been scanning sports in hope... :D
    Thanks for the reminder.. Actually just finished with the last "delivery" from the show about 15 minutes ago, something I kind of felt obliged to do befoe getting off to other stuff.. Whole show is here if you are anxious:
    http://hoofclix.smugmug.com/Harmon-Field/2009-10-25-BRHJA-Classic

I'll go get a little glass of something nice and come back to put up a little thread.. I think I'll put it in PJ however, as, well, is equestrian a sport???headscratch.gif
    Mark
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2009
    Goodness, I went to do the linking, and the galleries all have my proof marks on them. I'll have to make a sort of special unlisted gallery, link to that one, then make my story for you... Patience is a virtue..
    Mark
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    RacinRandy wrote:
    A couple of Ideas I had bouncing around in me noggin. Right track? Wrong Track?

Hey Randi, maybe start a new thread in the forum to ask this.. I'm the judge and only come in this one so that I don't see all of the criticism.... Good luck..
    Mark
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    Hey Randi, maybe start a new thread in the forum to ask this.. I'm the judge and only come in this one so that I don't see all of the criticism.... Good luck..

Post moved into its own thread. thumb.gif
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    @ Kerry, re additional exif
    The links I posted to the images I used in my entry don't show the shooting date. The links are to copies of the images in my smugmug account. I used "Get a link". What is the best way to do it, please, and can I now edit the comments with my entry?

Thanks. Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    The links I posted to the images I used in my entry don't show the shooting date. The links are to copies of the images in my smugmug account. I used "Get a link". What is the best way to do it, please, and can I now edit the comments with my entry?

Thanks. Neil

Put the images in a gallery, enable exif and give a link to that gallery.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    In your SmugMug account, under the "customize gallery" settings in the gallery that has your photos, you need to check "yes" for "camera info." That will display a blue "photo info" button upon rollover of your image that, once clicked, will display your EXIF.

You cannot edit comments in the entry gallery, but you can edit your photo caption there. Just log back in under "challenges" to edit the caption for your photo.
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    Put the images in a gallery, enable exif and give a link to that gallery.

Kind of you, pyry, thanks.

Neil

• Options
    edited October 29, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    In your SmugMug account, under the "customize gallery" settings in the gallery that has your photos, you need to check "yes" for "camera info." That will display a blue "photo info" button upon rollover of your image that, once clicked, will display your EXIF.

You cannot edit comments in the entry gallery, but you can edit your photo caption there. Just log back in under "challenges" to edit the caption for your photo.

Thanks very much, Kerry. I understand. (Yes, caption - don't take me so literally!! mwink.gifD)

Neil

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder.. Actually just finished with the last "delivery" from the show about 15 minutes ago, something I kind of felt obliged to do befoe getting off to other stuff.. Whole show is here if you are anxious:
    http://hoofclix.smugmug.com/Harmon-Field/2009-10-25-BRHJA-Classic

Yum! Thanks for the link (and sorry for delayed response - up to my eyes this week....) thumb.gif
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    I did this last night! lol--Can't blv it.
    Was watching "Halloween" the original of course--and well I got scared--it was the music I tell ya.
    Went to the restroom in the middle of the night and was scared to turn the light off--flipped the switch and walked to my room in the dark--I tried hard to keep myself calm because I knew if I ran I would freak out more--it was the longest 3 seconds of my life--and I did pick up the pace as I got closer. lol. It's been a while since I've had that spooked feeling--FELT GREAT! lol.

that's awesome! I totally know that feeling of when you're creeped out, the more you react the more spooked you get!
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    The prince of all Halloween decorations wishes everyone a Happy Halloween! Hope it's a good and creepy one for you. :grim

378925299_aHH4A-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    Happy Halloween to the prince ... oh ... and to you too Kerry!
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    I have a question about submissions to the contest gallery. If I make additional changes to the image once it's been downloaded, can I re-submit it prior to the challenge deadline?
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 31, 2009
    dlscott56 wrote:
    I have a question about submissions to the contest gallery. If I make additional changes to the image once it's been downloaded, can I re-submit it prior to the challenge deadline?

Yes prior to the challenge. Usually it helps if you change the first one's title to 'delete me'. But they will remove the first entry and only keep your last entry even if you don't change the title of the old.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Yes prior to the challenge. Usually it helps if you change the first one's title to 'delete me'. But they will remove the first entry and only keep your last entry even if you don't change the title of the old.thumb.gif
    Thanks JAG
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2009
    One DQ this round: no username or title in the caption. ne_nau.gif

699558259_yPm8a-Th.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2, 2009
    Make that two DQs: beebo, 1 minute past 8:00 a.m. is still past the entry deadline. Sorry.
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    The prince of all Halloween decorations wishes everyone a Happy Halloween! Hope it's a good and creepy one for you. :grim

378925299_aHH4A-L.jpg

Nice one Kerry, very cute rolleyes1.gif

Happy belated Halloween too :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com