Here Goes Buckle up!!

2»

Comments

• Different DrummerDifferent Drummer Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    More
    The e-mail confirmation with price and invoice number arrived within one hour of ordering.
    So far so good.
    If any moderator cares to quote , make reference to, or move any of my posts on this subject feel free to with my blessings.
    I have learned so much here already, and would like to give something back. I hope this information may help someone else.
    Regards to all,
    DD
    edited January 15, 2004
    Damn!!
    Well, just did it all over again. Sent it as well as a second post . Neither are here.
    I am doing nothing different!!
    Shit!! I give up for now.
    DD
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    Well, just did it all over again. Sent it as well as a second post . Neither are here.
    I am doing nothing different!!
    DD
    I see all three of your posts. Try refreshing your browser.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
    edited January 15, 2004
    Thanks Fish
    fish wrote:
    I see all three of your posts. Try refreshing your browser.
    Well this message from you just popped up and when I scroll up, Walla! there are my posts. I did not do anything. ( Such as refresh ) Well, told ya I am no techno wiz. If you did something Fish, Thanks.
    I am confused.
    DD
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2004
    DD, congrats, it sounds like you did everything right! It's good to hear about a company that offers low prices and also good service. If your camera arrives as promised, you might even consider looking for a way to give positive feedback on them. ( Sometimes you get a follow-up e-mail asking you to rate their service) That's great news.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 19, 2004
    Its Here!!
    Ok folks,
    So I want to buy my first digital camera. Do mostly outside stuff, wildlife, landscape, mountains, etc. Have always had a need for a reasonable telephoto, when using my old SLR. Rarely do I do inside group or individual photos. However, it does occur occasionally. Compact size is not a priority.
    I am considering purchasing the Minolta Dimage Z1. I would appreciate any input that the veterans/experts reading this might offer. Also, what accessories and/or memory cards should I purchase in addition to the camera?
    Thank you,
    DD
    Camera arrived today on schedule predicted by 6th Ave folks. Actually got here this AM.
    Inventory shows everthing present and accounted for.
    Bill attached reflects the price I was quoted.
    No complaints so far!
    If these guys were the lowest price on any other purchases I may contemplate, I would certainly use them again.
    Thank you to all who offered advise and input in regards to my first digital camera purchase.
    DD
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2004
    Congratulations double D, you had a safe swim through a sea of sharks!thumb.gif Sounds like you managed the process well. OK den, now lead us through your experiences learning yer new camera. You'll help others going through the same thing. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 19, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Congratulations double D, you had a safe swim through a sea of sharks!thumb.gif Sounds like you managed the process well. OK den, now lead us through your experiences learning yer new camera. You'll help others going through the same thing. nod.gif
    Im reading, reading, reading........Whew!!!!