Options

Holiday Cards, 2009

13»

Comments

• Options
    amy thomasamy thomas Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2009
    trouble seeing designs
    Has anyone been able to scroll through ALL the new cards designs? I can see the first 1/2 dozen per category along the 'strip', but can't figure out how to see the rest. Is there a special trick to scrolling sideways?

Pardon my ignorance...
    Amy
  • Options
    5D Shooter5D Shooter Registered Users Posts: 6 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    Oh well... Maybe next year...
    I guess I should have read the whole thread before jumping in. My gallery was all priced with Bay Photo, so I redid everything for EZ Prints so that I could add Cards for my customers.

Well, now I find out that the customer can't order cards. I have to do it for them. Pretty lame, in my opinion when there are so many other card companies out there that are a self service portal for the customer.

What will happen in my case is that my customer will download an image and take it somewhere else for design and printing. In fact, they can upload it to EZ Prints and print the order themselves for "my cost." Lost revenue for everyone involved.

SmugMug is heading the right direction. I just wish they were a bit further down the road for this season.

Jim
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    amy thomas wrote:
    Has anyone been able to scroll through ALL the new cards designs? I can see the first 1/2 dozen per category along the 'strip', but can't figure out how to see the rest. Is there a special trick to scrolling sideways?

Pardon my ignorance...
    Amy
    Use the style button and make sure you're using SmugMug style, try that? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    5D Shooter wrote:
    I guess I should have read the whole thread before jumping in. My gallery was all priced with Bay Photo, so I redid everything for EZ Prints so that I could add Cards for my customers.

Well, now I find out that the customer can't order cards. I have to do it for them. Pretty lame, in my opinion when there are so many other card companies out there that are a self service portal for the customer.

What will happen in my case is that my customer will download an image and take it somewhere else for design and printing. In fact, they can upload it to EZ Prints and print the order themselves for "my cost." Lost revenue for everyone involved.

SmugMug is heading the right direction. I just wish they were a bit further down the road for this season.

Jim
    Most pros make a card for their client, then put that card in a gallery specific for the card order - it takes a couple of mouse clicks. Apply the pricing for EZP and boom-done.

-no need- to change your pricing from Bay Photo in your other galleries,

Thanks for the great feedback!
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Most pros make a card for their client, then put that card in a gallery specific for the card order - it takes a couple of mouse clicks. Apply the pricing for EZP and boom-done.

-no need- to change your pricing from Bay Photo in your other galleries,

Thanks for the great feedback!

Maybe I missed something, but once the card is created and put into that specific gallery, the customer actually does the ordering themselves? That could be usable in my workflow.

Thanks for the quick response, Andy.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2009
    5D Shooter wrote:
    Maybe I missed something, but once the card is created and put into that specific gallery, the customer actually does the ordering themselves? That could be usable in my workflow.

Thanks for the quick response, Andy.
    Yup, I blogged about it here, too:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2009/11/11/how-to-sell-cards/
  • Options
    Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2009
    This is a super idea, thanks Smugmug guru's!
    Steve

Website
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    Andy wrote:

Thanks a bunch, Andy. I think this is a very workable solution.

Keep up the great work.

Jim
  • Options
    QualutionsQualutions Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 21, 2009
    Having a small problem with Capital Letters in the cards
    For some reason I can't Capitalize any of the letters on a card I'm making

cardID=681099897

Is this intentional? Seems odd actually.

I've tried 2 different computers (just incase it was on my side). Have tried IE and FireFox?

Thanks.
  • Options
    amy thomasamy thomas Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2009
    still having trouble...
    Andy wrote:
    Use the style button and make sure you're using SmugMug style, try that? ear.gif

The gallery from which I pulled the card photo is in SmugMug style. I can see the photo on the left side of the card creator. I follow the arrows to select 'Types', 'Make Selection...', 'Winter Holidays', etc. I see the first 7 and part of an 8th design along the bottom bar, but can't view any of the others!

Any more suggestions?

Amy
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2009
    amy thomas wrote:
    The gallery from which I pulled the card photo is in SmugMug style. I can see the photo on the left side of the card creator. I follow the arrows to select 'Types', 'Make Selection...', 'Winter Holidays', etc. I see the first 7 and part of an 8th design along the bottom bar, but can't view any of the others!

Any more suggestions?

Amy
    Yup, please write our Support Heroes we'll help you from our help desk! Thanks.
  • Options
    JenJohnsonPhotoJenJohnsonPhoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 23, 2009
    Editing card text, etc.
    Andy, is there a way to customize the text in the cards? I don't see a way to center or justify, etc? Also, what about changing font? Thanks for your help!