Options

Your advice? Please?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Heather, I'm sorry this has happened to you. I agree with the others that say its their fault, don't offer a free TTD session. And from what it sounds they understand that they missed out on amazing pictures because they kept pushing you away.

I personally wouldn't of stayed for 14 hours... simply ridiculous.

I would explain to the bride that the flower girl wasn't cooperating throughout the night and several precious moments were lost due to her temper tantrum.

Definitely say no to the facebook request. Maybe offer him a limited rights CD with web sized images for $$.

I think you did a wonderful job that night, especially considering the lighting. I watched the whole slide show and am amazed.

Don't let it tick you off... get the job done, and move on to the next client. Even though you missed the money shots (due to the client), your entire portfolio makes up for that.
    Jer
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Reviving this thread as I am researching contracts and reading every single thread that has the word 'contract' in it :)

Anyway, going back to the first post where you stated that your contract specifies at least a half hour of time for posed shots, which never happened and she's apparently fine with, would it be appropriate to create an addendum to the contract stating that both parties agree that the half hour of private shooting time was not possible at the event for whatever reason and neither party holds the other liable for things, stuff, and whatnot as a result, and then have both you and the bride (or original contract signer) sign and date it?

I might just have contracts on the brain, but it seems that something like that would release you from whatever would've resulted from that shooting time and her from not giving you the half hour.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    You feel very strongly about this, so you should let them know that you STRONGLY encourage them to follow up with some couple photos. Maybe you can make it a trash-the-dress type of session if she doesn't want to worry about looking exactly like she did on her wedding day. Let her know that you want to deliver the high quality frame-able images that you are accustomed to presenting to your clients. Maybe show some examples from other clients to make sure she understands what is missing from her set.

Caroline

I second what Caroline says thumb.gif
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Thanks you guys... since this was several months ago, I am pretty much "over" it.... she has her prints and is happy, so I guess I am too! Life goes on.