*ENTRY* Thread DSS #50 (S-Curve or Golden Spiral)

13»

Comments

• KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    Question for Sean: I did some shots for the "s curve" of a nude woman's silhouette. There is a small bit of light on her side, not lighting anything... um, important, just ribcage and arm, and the rest is almost completely dark (it can be 100% black if needed). Is this acceptable or would it be DQ'ed?

If you want me to post a small version here for review, I could do that tonight.

Thanks!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    Is this acceptable or would it be DQ'ed?

It's pretty much impossible to make a final decision on this without actually seeing it. I recommend just PM'ing me a link to what you are hoping to post and I will let you know.

From the sounds of it though it does not sound like anything that would be required to be put into the Go Figure forum and therefore should be acceptable in the challenge.

Thanks for asking.
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2010
    check. will do.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
    edited May 15, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    check. will do.

I have received your "proof" and see no reason to DQ it. Thanks for asking. :D
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    :lurk
    Aaron Nelson
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    Small question plese
    I uploaded my entry at about 8.35 am, today, EST.

As I understand the deadline os 8.00 am PST.

- However the time on my photo shows 8.34.... because it's the time on my computer.

Will this be a problem?

Thank you,

Tatiana
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited May 17, 2010
    photo-bug wrote: »
    I uploaded my entry at about 8.35 am, today, EST.

As I understand the deadline os 8.00 am PST.

- However the time on my photo shows 8.34.... because it's the time on my computer.

Will this be a problem?

Thank you,

Tatiana

No problem - As long as your entry is uploaded before 8:00 am PT and of course conforms to all the other stipulations for any particular round, your fine. thumb.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    No problem - As long as your entry is uploaded before 8:00 am PT and of course conforms to all the other stipulations for any particular round, your fine. thumb.gif

Thank you Sean :D
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited May 17, 2010
    S-uper round!
    This round has spiraled down to the end. :D

Doing cleanup and DQ's now, Judges will be PM'd shortly with instructions.
    edited May 17, 2010
    DQ's
    Only one DQ this time around, but it is as always a painful one. Please always check your photo info after you have uploaded your entry to avoid being disqualified for no EXIF information. I have never been a stickler for the rule that the EXIF MUST be embedded, of course I much prefer to have the EXIF be embedded because it avoids me having to search or click to another page to verify freshness...

In this case, dnie - Sprial Barb did not have any EXIF info nor was an EXIF link provided :cry

On a happier note: I am very pleased to see some new participants this round and of course some familiar faces that have returned from hiding. Thank you everyone for your participation! clap.gif
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    sherstone wrote: »
    Only one DQ this time around, but it is as always a painful one. Please always check your photo info after you have uploaded your entry to avoid being disqualified for no EXIF information. I have never been a stickler for the rule that the EXIF MUST be embedded, of course I much prefer to have the EXIF be embedded because it avoids me having to search or click to another page to verify freshness...

In this case, dnie - Sprial Barb did not have any EXIF info nor was an EXIF link provided :cry

On a happier note: I am very pleased to see some new participants this round and of course some familiar faces that have returned from hiding. Thank you everyone for your participation! clap.gif

Thanks Sean,
    Yes, it was a last minute, throw it in decision, and I didn't even think to check the EXIF. I have figured out it was from using Neat Image to clean it up... that was what stripped the data. Now I know :)
    On to the next.... rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 17, 2010
    Hang onto your vote.
    Still waiting for some results, Poll will not be posted until after 5pm PT tomorrow
    Don't eat all of your fingernails off tonight mwink.gif

have a great night and think about the new theme(s)