Options

gus's 1st time car racing (as usual..big post)

2»

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    thumb.gifthumb.gif You got some fantastic stuff there! I'd ramble off my favorites but I'm lazy and don't want to copunt to give pic numbers.:D I think you captured some great actions shots as well as atmosphere shots. I really got a feel of what it must of been like to be there. I could actually feel the excitement and hear the engines in my head. Very well done!thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2005
    Great stuff Gusthumb.gifthumb You got some really good shots of the action! I'd love to do some motorsport shooting, but I'm always worried about getting too caught up in the race to take the pictures (I can be a little bit fanatical, especially when it comes to F1:giggle). Looks like you handled the 400mm pretty well! I love your pit lane shots. You picked a good race to go to, although, as an HRT fan I was disappoited to see Rick Kelly on 3rd....But well done mate you did great! Loved your shots!clap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    Great stuff Gusthumb.gifthumb You got some really good shots of the action! I'd love to do some motorsport shooting, but I'm always worried about getting too caught up in the race to take the pictures (I can be a little bit fanatical, especially when it comes to F1:giggle). Looks like you handled the 400mm pretty well! I love your pit lane shots. You picked a good race to go to, although, as an HRT fan I was disappoited to see Rick Kelly on 3rd....But well done mate you did great! Loved your shots!clap.gif
    Im with you mate...give me a holden anyday & thanks for looking.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    thumb.gifthumb.gif You got some fantastic stuff there! I'd ramble off my favorites but I'm lazy and don't want to copunt to give pic numbers.:D I think you captured some great actions shots as well as atmosphere shots. I really got a feel of what it must of been like to be there. I could actually feel the excitement and hear the engines in my head. Very well done!thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Thanks for looking K...those cars sound like buckets of garbage up close...they bang & clunk like old washing machines. Bout 620 Hp says they can.
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    luckydog wrote:
    Great stuff Gus! Don't forget if you need an assistant for an Eastern Creek shoot! :D:D

Were you shooting freelance or for a magazine???
    Me ?? eek7.gif I just wanted to get out for the day. Im a sparky...pays a lot better than i recon i can taking photos.

Thanks for looking mate & steve/ harry..

Gus
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Looks like you had a great time Gus. Really awesome series, I especially like the turbo afterburner pics, the crash pics, the girlie butt pics, the ...headscratch.gif

thanks for sharing. thumb.gif

regards
    alan
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 29, 2005
    Great series gus. Better than most published magazines racing pics.

I am confused tho - these are v8s - 600+ horsepower. But in your first posts the displacement was listed as 1.2 liters, I think - Am I mistaken or what??
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited July 29, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Great series gus. Better than most published magazines racing pics.

I am confused tho - these are v8s - 600+ horsepower. But in your first posts the displacement was listed as 1.2 liters, I think - Am I mistaken or what??
    Thanks BigAl & PF...

PF that spec is for that blue car under them. Have a look at it. The bloke driving it is in the back seat. They are a series that runs here ...more about them.

here is a link to the big fella's...they are called 'V8 touring cars.'

Gus
  • Options
    TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2005
    Way to go Gus. Great series.
    panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
    tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
    Sony F717 | Hoya R72
  • Options
    edited July 30, 2005
    TristanP wrote:
    Way to go Gus. Great series.
    Thanks tristan...am 2 hours from going to my 1st paid shoot (more bands). No idea what to expect but i would rather the motorsports anyday.

Gus