Options

personal challenge galleries?

sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited August 28, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi Folks:

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to see all the entries by one individual in the challenges? My first goal is to just do this for my own entries. But, my second goal is to see all the different entries from someone whose work I admire, juxtaposed.

Oh, and, it really is for learning, and not to collect or otherwise abuse the pictures.

If any of you keep galleries of your entries (I'm starting to put one together), I'd love to see those links.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    Oops, to clarify, when I said "I'm starting ot put one together", I meant starting to put my *own* pictures together in a gallery.
    Hi Folks:

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to see all the entries by one individual in the challenges? My first goal is to just do this for my own entries. But, my second goal is to see all the different entries from someone whose work I admire, juxtaposed.

Oh, and, it really is for learning, and not to collect or otherwise abuse the pictures.

If any of you keep galleries of your entries (I'm starting to put one together), I'd love to see those links.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Oops, to clarify, when I said "I'm starting ot put one together", I meant starting to put my *own* pictures together in a gallery.

Funny you should say this.
    I just opened mine up and oddly enough called it "dgrin photo challenges/contests"rolleyes1.gif--I've only put two photos in there I think, but I'm going through all my entries and plan on adding them over the weekend, along with the title/concept for each entry.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Hi Folks:

I got mine here:

http://allbiz.smugmug.com/Photography/Photo-Contests-Work

I still have to upload the last 2 contests...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    mine are here.

http://dxvalle.smugmug.com/Other/challenges-p/10244300_n5GAQ#981802145_Y6bWm

i tend to dump everything i'm working on for the challenge at hand in there. images i post to the forum for feedback and such.

i've only just captioned the ones i actually entered.

it was good looking back and seeing some good progress. i know i didn't know enough to take my last entries when i first started on this road.

- Diana
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    This request is a great thread!!!! clap.gif

My collection is located here for DSS, The first gallery is all of them and the other galleries are there for showing all the elements that went into creating an image for EXIF purposes.

and

Here for the long ago LPS
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    Wow.

Thanks folks -- this is what I was looking for. I like seeing the out-takes (for those of you who post your non-entry versions, too). I also like seeing how the challenge theme affects the natural style/inclinations of an individual (oh, and to see all of you practicing something that isn't your standard subject or technique).
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    Wow.

Thanks folks -- this is what I was looking for. I like seeing the out-takes (for those of you who post your non-entry versions, too). I also like seeing how the challenge theme affects the natural style/inclinations of an individual (oh, and to see all of you practicing something that isn't your standard subject or technique).

Thanks for the kick in the pants for me to finish my gallery of challenges--still working on mine--

I could kick myself. I have this highly original and never thought about before concept rolleyes1.gif
    663155831_frXcz-M-1.jpg for challenge #36--but I didn't put the theme of the challenge on it. Anyone have a guess--I searched for #36 and found nada. Perhaps that was the theme "highly unoriginal". I titled it "housing market underwater"

Anybody?

Thanks Sunflower--I hope to be done this weekend.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    Thanks for the kick in the pants for me to finish my gallery of challenges--still working on mine--

I could kick myself. I have this highly original and never thought about before concept rolleyes1.gif
    663155831_frXcz-M-1.jpg for challenge #36--but I didn't put the theme of the challenge on it. Anyone have a guess--I searched for #36 and found nada. Perhaps that was the theme "highly unoriginal". I titled it "housing market underwater"

Anybody?

Thanks Sunflower--I hope to be done this weekend.

Here is the list of all the challenges... http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=162655
    Creepy or Crawly?

**edit: AH HA! found it here... #34 http://dgrin.smugmug.com/Dgrin-Challenges/Dgrin-Sharp-Shooters-Entries/DSS-34/9707157_Ettzi#664148059_M952x
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    dnie wrote: »

AHA! Inside out or upside down! Thank you thank you and for the list too.

Creepy Crawly was a shot of my psychotic sister crying with smeared mascara and and a sharp knife! Love her for it--I'm trying to figure out how I can kick her a** for the next challenge, lol.

Thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    Again, wow. Those inside-out-upside down photos are fabulous. I remember JAG's, but hadn't seen the others.

Looking through the gallery, I also really appreciate the "critical" comments -- the ones that look at the picture and try to fix it (even if it's already fabulous to start with). It's especially useful to see that criticism for pictures that really are fabulous to start out with. The picture catches your eye, but then, when you read the comments, you see how it could be improved, as well.
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 25, 2010
    I have kept a galleries for all my DSS entries . I am up to 7 galleries and soon will be starting number 8. You can find them at http://jagcreations.smugmug.com/Other Some of the images in the galleries were from other competitions or challenges I have done elsewhere. Some are just different shots from the same challenge but there is always the one entered. You can click on the "how to" link in my signature to see how some of my more complicated work was put together.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    I have one of these! No outakes but reviewing it did make me realize I have been hanging out here a LONG time. :)
    http://www.heatherdillon.com/Featured/Entries/
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    Yes, I too realised I've been around awhile! It was kinda nice to look back and review.
    I add my entries on a regular basis, but haven't taken the the time to really look at them all.
    It is nice to see all of one photographers entries in one place, so this was a great idea!
    So I'll share mine as well, if anyone is interested...
    http://ic4u.smugmug.com/Dgrin/DSS-Challenge-Entries/7041529_Rd8H2#962397327_CZb3x
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    I haven't been here long, and I've only got entries for 3 challenges. Everything's in one gallery for now, although all my outtakes for 'playing with light' are in the other gallery in 'photography'.

http://jqmello.smugmug.com/Photography/challenges/
    edited August 26, 2010
    Gallery for the challenges
    I'm wondering if it's worth to create a new gallery for the Images you entry for the challenges, don't read my wrong I'm talking to my self.
    Personally I have a gallery on smugmug currently Unlisted and i keep the entries there. I attach to each image file number the challenge # so I can remember were they were sent.

Any thought?
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2010
    I'm wondering if it's worth to create a new gallery for the Images you entry for the challenges, don't read my wrong I'm talking to my self.
    Personally I have a gallery on smugmug currently Unlisted and i keep the entries there. I attach to each image file number the challenge # so I can remember were they were sent.

Any thought?

It's a personal choice. Not everyone wants that in their gallery probably, but some people already have one. I think those are the people sunflowerstudio was thinking of.
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2010
    ok, you gave me the incentive I needed. I think I got them all organized somewhat...

http://donna-niemann.smugmug.com/Challenges
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    This is a great idea. I most enjoy looking through each gallery and seeing the progression of improvement in skill of the individual. I know I can see a marked improvement when looking at mine. (Which was possible only because of the help and support of this community. Thanks everyone!) I didn't realize just how long I have been participating in the challenges until I started looking at my past entries. Wow! Its been a while.

My Challenge Gallery

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    brancaleonebrancaleone Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    Challenges
    dnie wrote: »
    ok, you gave me the incentive I needed. I think I got them all organized somewhat...

http://donna-niemann.smugmug.com/Challenges

Donna,
    I guess that you have more time than I have. Good for you and your pictures.
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    LOVE....LOVE your work Kevinthumb.gif
    A very nice gallery! Glad to see you're still around
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited August 27, 2010
    Donna,
    I guess that you have more time than I have. Good for you and your pictures.

:wow oh! my post didn't look right! I'm sorry if you thought that was directed at you.I meant that for sunflowerstudio. I had been meaning to organize them for a while and was procrastinating. I didn't realize no one else had posted below my post to you.

I'm also sorry if I came off wrong in the other post. I didn't mean to sound rude. I just meant that I understood what you meant. Not everyone has the time or even wants to post everything in a gallery. Everyone has their own way of doing things that works for them. Mine wasn't working. I hadn't labeled anything at the time the way I should have, and just threw them in one gallery. It was a mess.

Again, I'm sorry if I came off wrong....
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    ic4u wrote: »
    LOVE....LOVE your work Kevinthumb.gif
    A very nice gallery! Glad to see you're still around

Thank you Karin. It means a lot to me that someone, besides me, likes my art. Also, I've been here, just haven't been participating due to lack of time and inspiration to pick up the camera. I'm confident that the Muses will speak to me soon and that there will be a flurry of creativity. Thanks again.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book