Options

Site issue, 505am Tuesday Oct 5th

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited October 7, 2010 in SmugMug Support
We have some unhappy servers right now, our Ops Engineers are looking into it as we speak. Site is in read only right now, will update as soon as I have some news. Sorry for the service interruption!

ETA: Status blog upadated http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    NateANateA Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 5, 2010
    I was wondering what was going on. Thanks for letting us know. Hope the site gets back up and running soon! I still have a lot of work to upload today!!
  • Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Site down!
    Anyone else having problems with their site not loading at the moment? Have the GoDaddy servers gone tits up again?
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Same here, www.fortbenningphotos.com - waiting to uploaded over a thousand from a huge Army tournament this weekend....
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    nickeverettnickeverett Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Fixed :D
  • Options
    nickeverettnickeverett Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Oh wait, spoke too soon, doh!
  • Options
    Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Seems to be coming and going. My workspace email from GoDaddy is playing up too.
  • Options
    sirbenfrosirbenfro Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    That's the second time I have tried to upload lately and not been able to, getting to be a bit much.mwink.gif
  • Options
    SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Timing is everything
    I have 7000 images to organize and catalog to go online as promised for my clients tonight...this is killing me.

I am going to have a lot of people pissed off at me and somehow I don't think "I am having technical problems' is going to appease them.

I get it but I can guarantee they won't.

Kick the ass of those pesky Gremlins quickly....please.

sirbenfro wrote: »
    That's the second time I have tried to upload lately and not been able to, getting to be a bit much.mwink.gif
  • Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    My site requiring password???
    My site www.fourmilephotography.com is requiring a password. I get this logged out. I can't log in either.

sitedown.jpg
    Rich
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2010
    Guys we're still working on bringing things back to normal, hopefully no too much longer.
    http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/2010/10/05/site-issue-10510/
  • Options
    rkw624rkw624 Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Guys we're still working on bringing things back to normal, hopefully no too much longer.
    http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/2010/10/05/site-issue-10510/

Up and running. Thank you!
    Rich
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2010
    http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/

everything but feeds are back to normal - we'll get those going again shortly.
  • Options
    The Photo BoothThe Photo Booth Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Well, my site won't load at 9:49am (pacific).

Edit @ 9:52am: Main page loads but thumbnails are coming up very very slowly. Pretty much unusable at this point.

What causes these sorts of unplanned outages? Bug in the software? Hackers?

Mark
  • Options
    durenduren Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    down!
    503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.
  • Options
    Miko40DMiko40D Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    My site just hangs up as of 10 minutes ago!
  • Options
    JETAJETA Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Well, my site won't load at 9:49am (pacific).

Mark

Some things will and some things won't for me. It's slooooooooooooooooooooooow too. Grrrrrrrrrr....
    JETA
  • Options
    SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Down again
    I had just move 1500 images from my bulk upload to 3 galleries and it has crashed again ...this is becoming really problematic and I hope the crazy message that I just got thats states that my gallery is empty when it had several thousand images is just Smugmug messing with my head.
    Andy wrote: »
    http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/

everything but feeds are back to normal - we'll get those going again shortly.
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2010
    We're back in Read only while we figure this out. Updating Status Blog http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    The Photo BoothThe Photo Booth Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    And we're back in read-only mode! :bash

Since 99% of my galleries are hidden, I can't get to them without a direct URL.

Mark
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Yep, I just got one of these too. It's a bad day in SmugLand...the gremlins are everywhere...
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Quirky behaviour! Would be more specific if anything was repeatable!
  • Options
    hoobhoob Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    A five hour outtage? Really folks? Come on... I can't imagine what the people who actually earn a living and depend on SmugMug think. {Annoyed First Poster -- but I understand how these things can and do happen.}
  • Options
    mksnowhitemksnowhite Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 5, 2010
    It would be REAAAALLLLY kind if you sent out an emal blast to your cuustomers (us) and let us know when this is happening so we don't keep trying to upload thinking the problem is on our end. I had to dig through this forum (which I never come to) to find out it was on YOUR end.
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2010
    mksnowhite wrote: »
    It would be REAAAALLLLY kind if you sent out an emal blast to your cuustomers (us) and let us know when this is happening so we don't keep trying to upload thinking the problem is on our end. I had to dig through this forum (which I never come to) to find out it was on YOUR end.

Hi, we can't do that, but we do update our Status Blog http://status.blogs.smugmug.com , and our @smugmugstatus on Twitter http://twitter.com/smugmugstatus , and even our Facebook page http://facebook.com/SmugMug. Bookmark one of them and it's easy to see if there's an issue. Sorry for the hassle today!
  • Options
    brecklundinbrecklundin Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Does SM not like me? I mean every freaking time
    I have time or want to work on my site I run into ANOTHER site wide issue...so I try today to do some subdomain stuff and create new smart galleries to use in those sub-domains the site is freaking down in read-only mode...

I guess I am supposed to be farting rainbows because the site is at least not down completely....yet.

I should add that at least there is a note on the status page...

BTW, i should also add I am not upset just disappointed, yet again, at the instability of a modern hosting service. It's not like I can't do all of this hosting one of my other servers but I like SM as a bandwidth solution...so it's more of a sardonic sense of humor I have right now about this service. At $150/yr I would expect more but just figure, if I am "lucky", I only have another year or so left, at which point it won't matter anymore...
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Argh. I couldn't replace my files this morning to send to the lab, thanks to read only. Left to work for the day, thinking no biggie I'll do it tonight. Home now - got into the site for a moment, but now I'm kicked back out and getting the read only again. No updates for hours upon hours in the status blog.

Can I assume that Bay will re-ship my photos at no charge if I can't get them replaced in time?
  • Options
    brecklundinbrecklundin Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Fixed :D

sorry Smugmug is never going to be "fixed"...I mean how many years has it been under repair? You would think it was a public works project.
  • Options
    jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Seems there was another brief outage just a bit ago. My uploads started failing and the gallery I was sending to that now had some 350 pics in it said empty gallery again.

lol

Looks fine now though and successfully uploading again. :)
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
  • Options
    davemj98davemj98 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2010
    Woe is me
    Hope this is fixed soon, I thought it was me!wings.gif
    davidsdigitalphotography.com
    Alpha 99 & VG, 900x2 & VG; 50mm1.4, CZ135 1.8; CZ16-35 2.8, CZ24-70 2.8, G70-200 2.8, G70-400, Sony TC 1.4, F20, F58, F60.