Options

"Replace Image" not working?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    nipprdog wrote: »
    This is frustating. I hope it gets fixed soon.

3 or 4 attempts to get it replaced.

nipprdog, what's the order # please?
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2010
    Hi Guys, I think we've found the fail, and we're addressing it. We'll update this thread when we've fixed it (hopefully soon). Thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry for the hassle.
  • Options
    dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I think we've found the fail, and we're addressing it. We'll update this thread when we've fixed it (hopefully soon). Thank you for your patience and I'm really sorry for the hassle.

Thanks for giving us an update.thumb.gif

Regards,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2010
    EVERYONE - we think this is fixed, can you please try replacing your images and report back? Thanks,

Andy
  • Options
    SPK64SPK64 Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    EVERYONE - we think this is fixed, can you please try replacing your images and report back? Thanks,

Andy

Single image replace in a gallery worked! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2010

Andy

Still not working, Andy.

Regards,
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2010
    Still not working, Andy.

Regards,

Image link(s) Dennis? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2010
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2010

Ack, I'm sorry Dennis - forgot you gave a link before. OK I repaired your image, go try and replace now, thanks.
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010

Andy

If this works on the order I gave you the link on, will I have to give you the links to every order in proof delay?

ETA: it did not work on this order. I'm not going to try it on the others.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    I'm sorry Dennis ... I repaired your image, go try and replace now, thanks.
    Andy

I really appreciate your, and your colleagues' efforts to get to the bottom of this. I know and respect how seriously you guys take the responsiveness and integrity of your service.

However, is this really a 'repair image' type of problem? In response to your request for specific examples, I provided the example of a gallery (not yet inspected by SmugMug) with 64 images, none of which I can replace! Are they all 'damaged'?

I'm progressively replacing many of the thousands of images on my site with the improved IQ available from LR3 compared with LR2 and prior versions which were used to create images in many of my earlier galleries.

Is the explanation of my problem also going to be that I have 'damaged' images that will need to be repaired before I can replace them? This doesn't seem credible but, if true, how am I (and SmugMug) going to practically deal with this - one image at a time?

Unlike many, I don't rely on SmugMug for my image backup, but other questions that will beg responses (later) will be "what, precisely, is this 'damage'?" and "how did/does it happen?"
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I'm progressively replacing many of the thousands of images on my site with the improved IQ available from LR3 compared with LR2 and prior versions which were used to create images in many of my earlier galleries.
    If you're just upgrading images, could you temporarily work around this Smugmug issue by just uploading the new images and then removing the old ones rather than replacing? Replace is needed when you're trying to preserve direct image links or upgrade an image that has a pending print order, but it isn't needed if you just want to get newer versions of the images online. You can upload the new copy as a new image and then remove the older one and avoid using replace at all.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    jfriend wrote: »
    Replace is needed when you're trying to preserve direct image links ...
    That's a reason for the replace function, and the reason I want to use it! nod.gif
  • Options
    JSPhotographyJSPhotography Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I got fixed up last night. Thanks Andy. Stuff happens and it's how you respond that matters. I think once you found out there was an issue you did a pretty good job of handling it.
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2010
    Andy

I really appreciate your, and your colleagues' efforts to get to the bottom of this. I know and respect how seriously you guys take the responsiveness and integrity of your service.

WWW, please write our Support Heroes ATTN: Andy with the gallery link and we'll have a hero inspect each file. The repairs are just a button we push on our end to regenerate everything anew, once we do that for any damaged files, you'll then be able to replace.
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I am glad to hear it is fixed for some people. My upload log shows nada, only 4 items for the month, is that a clue? I've tried this replace on the one order at least a dozen times in various ways. Rolls tomorrow.:cry
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2010
    lynnesite wrote: »
    I am glad to hear it is fixed for some people. My upload log shows nada, only 4 items for the month, is that a clue? I've tried this replace on the one order at least a dozen times in various ways. Rolls tomorrow.:cry

Lynn give me the order# please I'll fix up the images and get them ready so you can replace.
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2010
    Lynn give me the order# please I'll fix up the images and get them ready so you can replace.

NVM, I see your help tickets.
  • Options
    SunstruckSunstruck Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Andy, the Replace function is still not working for me. My Order # is 1893563.

Thanks!
    Penny Wills
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2010
    Sunstruck wrote: »
    Andy, the Replace function is still not working for me. My Order # is 1893563.

Thanks!
    Penny Wills
    Hm, please write our Support Heroes - all the images are fine, and should be replaceable. If you are having trouble, it's due to something else. We'll help.
  • Options
    SunstruckSunstruck Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    Hm, please write our Support Heroes - all the images are fine, and should be replaceable. If you are having trouble, it's due to something else. We'll help.

Thanks Andy, I'll try again. The thumbnail should show the correct image when I replace the photos, Correct? I see the file names are the new ones, but the thumbnail images are still the old photos.

Penny Wills
  • Options
    TxTortoiseTxTortoise Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    Hi Andy, et al.

I just restarted a similar thread in the Support forum, then found this.

This has been happening in my cart since Aug/Sept so not sure if it's sporadic and just growing to a broader base now. Support wasn't able to resolve it, but at least now I know I'm not alone.

xref: Ticket 117278 for the workflow.

Using Mac OS 10.6.5 & Safari or Firefox

Replacement file starts uploading at top speed and then essentially times out with no activity, almost like it couldn't find the EOF flag.
    Hit Replace button again and error message is generated asking me to try again.
    Select Replace again and the file uploads as expected. Some strange behavior at this point where the file doesn't actually replace the file in the cart, so usually try it again until the new file shows up.
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2010
    TxTortoise wrote: »
    Hi Andy, et al.

I just restarted a similar thread in the Support forum, then found this.

This has been happening in my cart since Aug/Sept so not sure if it's sporadic and just growing to a broader base now. Support wasn't able to resolve it, but at least now I know I'm not alone.

xref: Ticket 117278 for the workflow.

Using Mac OS 10.6.5 & Safari or Firefox

Replacement file starts uploading at top speed and then essentially times out with no activity, almost like it couldn't find the EOF flag.
    Hit Replace button again and error message is generated asking me to try again.
    Select Replace again and the file uploads as expected. Some strange behavior at this point where the file doesn't actually replace the file in the cart, so usually try it again until the new file shows up.
    We're dealing with this via help desk. Thanks Ralph!
  • Options
    jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    I already posted about this on another thread, but then searched and found this thread.

I too am having issues with "replace photo" (from the Tools menu). Every replaced image:
    1. their thumbnails are not redrawn properly unless I choose to "crop thumbnail" and save again; otherwise it displays a huge image (kind of "original" size)
    2. the images themselves still display huge (probably is the "original" size).

Anyone else having this problem?

I'e already e-mailed the Helpdesk and hope to hear back from them soon.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)