Options

Retired

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited December 3, 2010 in Landscapes
Tuesday is my last day of work after 24 years with my company.

Reborn

1104479835_CmVT2-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 25, 2010
    Congrats, Dan!!! clap.gif

Me jealous. nod.gif

Oh, and cool pic!

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Good luck!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    ashruggedashrugged Registered Users Posts: 345 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Congrats Dan
    I am confident you will find a hobby to fill your time.
    Robert
  • Options
    Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Congrats. you'll settle in after a couple of months, it took me several before I really reconciled I had retired. Then you will realize how unbelievable it really is. It is why you have been working all your life. enjoy
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Congratulations, Dan! I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have! I'm looking forward to seeing all the shots you make in your spare time now. rolleyes1.gif

Enjoy your well-deserved time off!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Congrats Dan, nice shot! I've got at least that many years before I can retire. :(
  • Options
    ridgemacridgemac Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Congrats! I retired a few months ago. It just gets better all the time. Keep the good Picts coming. I hope to spend some time in the Southwest next year. If rent a place for 1 - 3 months, any city recommended?
    Thanks!
    Larry
  • Options
    christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2010
    Congrats on your retirement!
  • Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    Congratulations, Dan! I absolutely loved my career, and was apprehensive about retiring. Now my schedule is so filled with different fun things I truly don't miss working at all. You worked a long time, and deserve to have lots of fun now! Best, Pam
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Congrats, Dan!!! clap.gif

Me jealous. nod.gif

Oh, and cool pic!

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks, Joel. Your turn will come soon enough. Let's shoot some hoo doos:D
    Good luck!

Thanks, Awais
    ashrugged wrote: »
    I am confident you will find a hobby to fill your time.
    Robert
    Doug Solis wrote: »
    Congrats. you'll settle in after a couple of months, it took me several before I really reconciled I had retired. Then you will realize how unbelievable it really is. It is why you have been working all your life. enjoy

Good thoughts there Doug.
    redleash wrote: »
    Congratulations, Dan! I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I have! I'm looking forward to seeing all the shots you make in your spare time now. rolleyes1.gif

Enjoy your well-deserved time off!

Lauren

Thanks much, Lauren. Might have to hit the river walk out by you.
    bryanj87 wrote: »
    Congrats Dan, nice shot! I've got at least that many years before I can retire. :(
    Lucky you
    ridgemac wrote: »
    Congrats! I retired a few months ago. It just gets better all the time. Keep the good Picts coming. I hope to spend some time in the Southwest next year. If rent a place for 1 - 3 months, any city recommended?
    Thanks!

Depends on the parts of the southwest you want to shoot. I travel to northern AZ and southern Utah which are quite a drive from Tucson. Phoenix is closer, and Flagstaff even closer. Also depends on time of year and how you feel about heat. The summers are very hot, but Flagstaff would be much cooler.
    Congrats on your retirement!

Thanks Christinamae. We ought to shoot together some time seeing how close we are.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    Come on over, Dan! They've extended the Riverwalk in both directions, so there is lots more to see and shoot! I'll be glad to serve as tour guide.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    Probably a bitter sweet feeling, huh?... Congrats anyway! clap.gif
    I guess it's gonna be photography full time now, eh? mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2010
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Probably a bitter sweet feeling, huh?... Congrats anyway! clap.gif
    I guess it's gonna be photography full time now, eh? mwink.gif[/QUOTE

Mostly very sweet. I loved it for 23 years, and now I love another and it requires a camera. I am being reborn, which has become the correct title for this thread and photo. wings.gif
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2010
    35 years from Tuesday and I should be retired too, I can't wait! Hopefully then the Subway hike will be wheelchair accessible because we'll both need it.

Seriously though - that's awesome news. I'm truly envious. If I were retired I could pace myself more and ease up on the sleep deprivation a bit :)
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    Come on over, Dan! They've extended the Riverwalk in both directions, so there is lots more to see and shoot! I'll be glad to serve as tour guide.

Lauren

I may take you up on that one daythumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    coscorrosa wrote: »
    35 years from Tuesday and I should be retired too, I can't wait! Hopefully then the Subway hike will be wheelchair accessible because we'll both need it.

Seriously though - that's awesome news. I'm truly envious. If I were retired I could pace myself more and ease up on the sleep deprivation a bit :)

Are you 34? Shoot, you'll be able to retire a lot sooner than that with all the money you are going to make. deal.gif

You can pace yourself now, man deal.gif:D
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Congratulations Dan! I retired in January 2008 and am still loving it. More time for photography, travel and I don't have to go out in the snow unless I want to. Enjoy!
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Congratulations, Dan! I made the big leap early last year and have never regretted it. I have sometimes gone for motorcycle rides with a group of retired guys that ride on Tuesdays. I asked "Why Tuesday?" and the answer was "Because we can!" So now you get to explore and go do photography any day you wish, even on a Tuesday.

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Congrats, Danny!! clap.gif

I'm ready to retire myself, but I've got a few more years to go :cry
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    Congrats. Enjoy having total control over each and every day! I retired officially two weeks ago so I'm still not in the mode yet. I keep thinking that I have to "do" something at a specific time. But this too shall pass, right?

Puffins - off the coast of New Brunswick or Maine or in Newfoundland.mwink.gif My biggest problem is that I can't go in the boat without getting violently sick so that is out for me. They don't make enough Gravol.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2010
    raebrown wrote: »
    Congratulations Dan! I retired in January 2008 and am still loving it. More time for photography, travel and I don't have to go out in the snow unless I want to. Enjoy!
    Congratsto you as wellthumb.gif
    [QUOTEvintagemxr;1508815]Congratulations, Dan! I made the big leap early last year and have never regretted it. I have sometimes gone for motorcycle rides with a group of retired guys that ride on Tuesdays. I asked "Why Tuesday?" and the answer was "Because we can!" So now you get to explore and go do photography any day you wish, even on a Tuesday.

Doug[/QUOTE]Very cool:D
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    Congrats, Danny!! clap.gif

I'm ready to retire myself, but I've got a few more years to go :cry
    Thanks, Chris:D
    Snowgirl wrote: »
    Congrats. Enjoy having total control over each and every day! I retired officially two weeks ago so I'm still not in the mode yet. I keep thinking that I have to "do" something at a specific time. But this too shall pass, right?

Puffins - off the coast of New Brunswick or Maine or in Newfoundland.mwink.gif My biggest problem is that I can't go in the boat without getting violently sick so that is out for me. They don't make enough Gravol.

Congrats to you as well Ceci. puffins are definitely on my short listwings.gif
  • Options
    christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Thanks Christinamae. We ought to shoot together some time seeing how close we are.

Yes we should! Especially now that Aaron has his new camera. :D
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Are you 34? Shoot, you'll be able to retire a lot sooner than that with all the money you are going to make. deal.gif

You can pace yourself now, man deal.gif:D

31 actually (I was using 65 as my target retirement date - though it would be great if I could cut, say... 20 years off of that. But that's unlikely).

I'll pace myself later :D
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2010
    congrats, Dan! i have about 6 years yet to go, and i can't wait to get out of the rat race and spend my time out with my cameras instead of sitting at a desk! enjoy your retirement!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2010
    squirl033 wrote: »
    congrats, Dan! i have about 6 years yet to go, and i can't wait to get out of the rat race and spend my time out with my cameras instead of sitting at a desk! enjoy your retirement!

I certainly appreciate all the best wishes and congratulations, but how bout that photo :ivar:D
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    Congratulations Dan. I'm jealous. Now you will have even more time to shoot.
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2010
  • Options
    bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    I'm late to this party. headscratch.gif Congratulations on your retirement Dan. You paid your dues and now it's your time. wings.gif

Of course I still have about 5 years to go before my retirement so you are seriously making me jealous. :D

Cool photo too Dan. Kind of looks like the saguaro lost it's pants. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Good deal- congrats!
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited November 30, 2010