Options

Does this sound like spam?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    Well, we have bacon, eggs, sausage and spam.. Bacon, eggs, spam, sausage, and spam. Bacon, eggs spam, spam, sausage and spam. Or spam, spam, spam, spam, sausage and spam. Something like that.

Has to be maybe in the top 3 skits of all M.P. skits.

OK, back to business. I still lean toward that email being spam. I guess Matthew has made it clear now though, since he got the same one.
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    ShayebrydShayebryd Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2011
    Screams SPAM :)
    "My favorite thing is to go where I've never been!"
  • Options
    harrysamuelharrysamuel Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 1, 2011
    who has time
    Look at who it was sent to. If it is your e-mail address you can reply, but expect a total line of lies. If they want info on who your are, you know it is a scam. If they know your work so well they should know who you are. I would expect the next LINE to go something like this. I want to send you a check to pay the entire wedding, because I know you are an honest person. I need you to distribute the money to the hall, the band, the parking lot people, the waiters, ect ect. I will send you your fee of $20,000 to do the photography, and an additional $200,000.00 by "Certified, Nigerian Bank Money Order" these funds are guaranteed by the Bank of Nigeria. I will need you to deposit the check into your account and forward the payments to the other vendors and venue. Once you send YOUR checks the "Certified, Nigerian Bank Money Order" bounces higher than your blood pressure. They count on your greed for a big payday for you and turn it in to a BIG loss. "Certified, Nigerian Bank Money Order"can bounce months after deposited, and you loss all money in your account plus you owe the bank the overdraft.I got my first "Nigerian" scam in a letter before Al Gore invented the internet.

Keep in mind the scam is always the same, you will get something for helping them. It might be goods, or money, and if you watch 20/20 or any number of those shows you see people who THOUGHT they were going to make money. the more in need of money you are the more likely you will go for it. The more you get into it the more you lose.

it is simple, tell them your fee, tell them to send a check to you. If they make a mistake and send you to much you tell them you will credit overpayment to a future session. You never refund money to them, NEVER.

Follow what I wrote they will go away quickly once they know you are not going for it. If they are real you might get a job.
  • Options
    Pistol PetePistol Pete Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2011
    Spam for sure. That same inquiry (or version of it - the 'wedding location' changes) went around a couple of years ago.