Options

Not happy with resized Image Quality, what can we do?

124»

Comments

• Options
    delencadelenca Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2005
    Hello Andy,
    To return to image quality - of the online galleries, Smugmug is the only one which provides good quality. Kudos where kudos are due.
    Cheers to all.
    Hi Dancephotos,

Not to beat this issue to death but wanted to clarify something - Smugmug is NOT the best in image quality. Granted, it's better than pbase, but ImageEvent is superior. ImageEvent's thumbnails are bigger (i.e. slightly more kb) and better (i.e. less compressed/fewer artifacts) without causing slower download times. Baldy agrees with this statement (at least as to quality - maybe not on speed). This is especially true of the "medium" thumbnail setting which a lot of people with slow connections like to look at (compromise between quality and speed). Also, on ImageEvent you can actually choose what quality to set for the generated thumbnails. Isn't that the perfect compromise?!

If smugmug can devote time to "gee-whiz" features such as "map it", I am sure they can implement a system that gives users a choice on what compression settings to use (and note that you don't need to be a "power user" on ImageEvent to do that...).

My 2 cents on an important topic.

Cheers,
    Alex