Options

Wedding Challenge • 08/2011 • CUT THE CAKE!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2011
    yay! :)
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    Congrats guys! :D and a special congrats to Cat!

Cat, can you please send me a PM with the new challenge theme? Thank youuuu! :)
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2011
    OK, I give up! I actually have an image to submit for the wedding challenge cut the cake. I think this is the first time I have tried to enter a challenge.

I have no idea how to do this.

Can you help. (Reading the instructions doesn't do me any good.) :cry

Sam
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    Sam wrote: »
    OK, I give up! I actually have an image to submit for the wedding challenge cut the cake. I think this is the first time I have tried to enter a challenge.

I have no idea how to do this.

Can you help. (Reading the instructions doesn't do me any good.) :cry

Sam

I hate to break your heart, but this challenge is already closed, I'm sorry.

As for having troubles entering an image .... did you log in with the "other" login information? You have to use the DGrinExtras-login ... let me know what exactly your issue is with submitting photos, and I'll be glad to help.

___

Cat, any news about the new theme / challenge?

I am actually debating if we should keep the challenges going ... I thought it was a fun idea, but it seems to be a struggle every month to get a decent number of entries :cry I understand we're all busy that time of the year, but it seems to not be going much better during the winter months ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Agnieszka wrote: »

As for having troubles entering an image .... did you log in with the "other" login information? You have to use the DGrinExtras-login ... let me know what exactly your issue is with submitting photos, and I'll be glad to help.

___

I am actually debating if we should keep the challenges going ... I thought it was a fun idea, but it seems to be a struggle every month to get a decent number of entries :cry I understand we're all busy that time of the year, but it seems to not be going much better during the winter months ne_nau.gif

ARGGGGG!!! :cry:cry:cry:cryheadscratch.gifscratch:cry:cry:cry

Sam
  • Options
    sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    Happy to provide a theme!
    How about the theme be: "In the air" :D
    Agnieszka wrote: »

___

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    Winners!

1st: Photo #4 - One of the things I always look for at a wedding, around the cake in general, is kids looking on with eagerness. I always joke with brides that if I see a kid about to stick his finger in the cake, I'll take their picture and THEN stop them. Unless the bride instructs me otherwise, lol. But anyways, even though the focus of this image is not on the kids faces, nor even completely on the couple but on the cake alone, (shallow depth?) ...I still think that all the expressions combined are quite winning.

HOLY MOLY!!! I totally forgot to come and check and see who won and needless to say I was FLOORED just now that I won!!!!!!!!! OMG! What an honor especially considering that you were the judge!

Thanks! Aggie I'll PM you right now, sorry for the delay!
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    Shima wrote: »
    HOLY MOLY!!! I totally forgot to come and check and see who won and needless to say I was FLOORED just now that I won!!!!!!!!! OMG! What an honor especially considering that you were the judge!

Thanks! Aggie I'll PM you right now, sorry for the delay!

Slacker.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    Slacker.

Hey I thought I'd get PM'ed or something had I won, just saying :P

Seriously though totally didn't expect to win since highest I ever placed was 3rd in January... super honored that I did! I emailed last night w/ the new topic though, so keep your eyes peeled for a posting soon ;)