Options

DSS 91 - Ice Macro and Luminaria

2»

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2011
    I love 6 - 9.... I would clone out the lights in the background, they are kinda distracting.
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2011
    of the most recent batch, i favor #7 the most, although it would be optimal if the highlights could be brought down a touch (perhaps even to see some of the flame?). they are all certainly very pretty and fitting for the holiday season. however, i still like #5 the most. it is visually arresting, intriguing, and evokes a sense that the fire is trapped inside/overpowered by the ice. it is very well done among a crop of very good shots.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited December 9, 2011
    Thank you for the comments on this last batch of shots. Much appreciated! I am in the Denver area just now and there's snow on the ground, icicles on a nearby house, and probably ice on the ponds but I'm here as a daughter soaking up some time with my dad and step-mother.

(Froch, Denver is waiting for you to come back for a visit. How can you stay away from these mountain vistas and the big sky?)

Cheers,
    Gretchen
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2011
    Definitely go with one of these new ones that has the cool white balance! I really don't like telling people which shot I like the best... everyone has different tastes... :D

Good luck
    Winston
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2011
    In the first 3 I would get rid of the BG lights...
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2011
    I like #6 & #7 ... #6 gives a warmer feeling and #7 a colder feeling, so I guess since the challenge is Ice that #7 would be the better one for me. I'd probably crop out the reflections behind the ice feature and possibly blur the leaves slightly to put more focus on the ice. :)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6