Options

Say Hello to Account Settings!

2»

Comments

• Options
    AperturePlusAperturePlus Registered Users Posts: 374 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Under Style, you have access to all your categories there.

I am also confused about this one as well. I can see categories, but not galleries???
  • Options
    johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2012
    This clearly isn't an improvement, how can it be, the old system worked fine, this doesn't? Just because it works OK (which this doesn't) doesn't make something an improvement.

So logging in again is security related? Why? Was there a problem before, no one ever said there was?

I sign in to "Stats" to save myself a step, but still end up in account settings, an extra step, how is that an improvement? Taking longer to do a simple task isn't an improvement.

OK, some people think it looks better, big deal, looks are subjective, make it bright pink and someone will think it looks better. I don't want spin and mirrors. I don't want appearance over content. I don't want change for change sake, I want things to be better, this isn't in any way.
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2012
    I agree: The logging in again is very, very annoying.

I have another issue that I wonder if other folks are experiencing. (And forgive me if it has already been mentioned.)

After I log in again, the first thing that comes up is my profile. When I go to click on an area in which I'm really interested, such as stats or account, I first get a pop up message that says: "You've made changes on this page which will be lost if you leave this tab.: And then I am forced to choose "Continue anyway" or "Save and continue." But, as you might guess, i have not made any changes to my profile at all. I haven't even spent a couple of seconds on the page. Why does the new set-up think I have?

The annoying part is that this happens every single time. So now, in order to do a simple thing such as check my stats, I have to log in twice and indicate that that I want to "continue anyway" because I didn't change anything in my profile.

Does anyone else have this problem also?
  • Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited July 3, 2012
    I agree: The logging in again is very, very annoying.

I have another issue that I wonder if other folks are experiencing. (And forgive me if it has already been mentioned.)

After I log in again, the first thing that comes up is my profile. When I go to click on an area in which I'm really interested, such as stats or account, I first get a pop up message that says: "You've made changes on this page which will be lost if you leave this tab.: And then I am forced to choose "Continue anyway" or "Save and continue." But, as you might guess, i have not made any changes to my profile at all. I haven't even spent a couple of seconds on the page. Why does the new set-up think I have?

The annoying part is that this happens every single time. So now, in order to do a simple thing such as check my stats, I have to log in twice and indicate that that I want to "continue anyway" because I didn't change anything in my profile.

Does anyone else have this problem also?

We are working to get the logging in issue sorted out. As for the Continue Anyway selection. If you choose to Save and Continue then that message should stop showing. With the transition to the Account Settings page it is just looking for confirmation of the information there initially.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2012
    Please would someone answer #32
  • Options
    GlenKGlenK Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    I do not have to log in again to view or change account settings.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    I am also confused about this one as well. I can see categories, but not galleries???

You can see your galleries once you click on the category.
  • Options
    Pure EnergyPure Energy Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    Just noticed that I don't have to click on "continue anyway" as often when I made changes to my profile, specifically the state I live in. I'm not sure why that was made blank considering I filled it in a long time ago.

But of course, clicking the save button is not working well as I've now had to put in my state three times now within 15-30 minutes. Will this be something I have to do every time I decide to visit the new control panel?

Other things I've noticed being odd but not necessarily related to this new SM implementation but they could be:
    1. My account renewal date in the subscription section is off by one day (now a day earlier) but the new date is way cooler and much easier to remember.
    2. My stats are off. I checked my stats on June 16 & 17 and today. As of today, my total views for June 16 is noticeably larger. When should I count on a particular day's stats to be accurate? The next day is obviously different than when checked two weeks later.
    3. Before I logged into my account, I checked some prices on a particular gallery I remembered changing back and forth between various price-lists. Now, it's at my default pricing which was never a pricelist I assigned to it. So, it looks like I'll be double-checking everything today.
    For me, the new style seems to be nice for seeing the "news" tab in the first section which needs to be retitled. Of course, the "just the facts" SM news update list should be much, much longer starting with more levels. The other things I liked seeing is the branding section and the making money section but my experience with these is not extensive enough to care either way about the update. Overall, I prefer the old style possibly because I liked the tabs at the top with the majority of things I wanted to see in the Pros section instead of on the sides in various sections. Anyways, I see the opportunity for changes and expect to see more changes implemented with the new style.
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2012
    Just noticed that I don't have to click on "continue anyway" as often when I made changes to my profile, specifically the state I live in. I'm not sure why that was made blank considering I filled it in a long time ago.

But of course, clicking the save button is not working well as I've now had to put in my state three times now within 15-30 minutes. Will this be something I have to do every time I decide to visit the new control panel?

Other things I've noticed being odd but not necessarily related to this new SM implementation but they could be:
    1. My account renewal date in the subscription section is off by one day (now a day earlier) but the new date is way cooler and much easier to remember.
    2. My stats are off. I checked my stats on June 16 & 17 and today. As of today, my total views for June 16 is noticeably larger. When should I count on a particular day's stats to be accurate? The next day is obviously different than when checked two weeks later.
    3. Before I logged into my account, I checked some prices on a particular gallery I remembered changing back and forth between various price-lists. Now, it's at my default pricing which was never a pricelist I assigned to it. So, it looks like I'll be double-checking everything today.
    For me, the new style seems to be nice for seeing the "news" tab in the first section which needs to be retitled. Of course, the "just the facts" SM news update list should be much, much longer starting with more levels. The other things I liked seeing is the branding section and the making money section but my experience with these is not extensive enough to care either way about the update. Overall, I prefer the old style possibly because I liked the tabs at the top with the majority of things I wanted to see in the Pros section instead of on the sides in various sections. Anyways, I see the opportunity for changes and expect to see more changes implemented with the new style.

Thank you for your feedback. We are reading through them all and fixing issues adjusting design where we can.

We implemented more formal check for states where you are from. It used to be free form field and we had things like 'SoCal', 'SanFran' in the database. This caused issues with certain accounts with renewals as well as shipping to your own address. This is why the Account Settings asks you to enter it again, even if you had it entered correctly, but not in the format we support now.

The change to Account Settings shouldn't have any effect on stats. Those are collected elsewhere and still displayed with the same UI as before.

Same goes for the pricelists. The change in Account Settings shouldn't have affect on the data ir UI. Please contact our Heroes if you experience difficulties. They can sort your pricing out for you.
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    You can see your galleries once you click on the category.

Thanks Andy, but I am still in the dark.

If I select "Style" and then "Categories", this is what I see:

http://www.apertureplus.com/Other/SM-Gallery-Show/23978778_KsT9n2#!i=1946111729&k=KwGwqm2
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2012
    Thanks Andy, but I am still in the dark.

If I select "Style" and then "Categories", this is what I see:

http://www.apertureplus.com/Other/SM-Gallery-Show/23978778_KsT9n2#!i=1946111729&k=KwGwqm2

My instructions were for those that hide their galleries / categories box on the homepage - you aren't hiding that box :)

You can list by galleries, if you click this link:

20120705-kpqqfy7c7brnw3fsswyfnjrnre.jpg
  • Options
    piercepierce Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2012
    I had to renable 'allow external referencing', as photos I'd previously linked in various forums all disappeared I have no idea how this got changed.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2012
    Thanks Andy
  • Options
    jhofkerjhofker Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2012
    Clicking my username at the top of the new account page and then "homepage" links to (and takes me to) my *.smugmug.com site instead of my custom domain.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2012
    jhofker wrote: »
    Clicking my username at the top of the new account page and then "homepage" links to (and takes me to) my *.smugmug.com site instead of my custom domain.

That's a bug we need to fix.
  • Options
    edited July 8, 2012
    Thanks Andy :-)
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    Just noticed this today. I really like the new layout as it allows me to see all the critical stuff very easily. Kinda hard to find some of the more detailed stuff, but I'm sure I'll find it when the time comes to change something. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2012
    jhofker wrote: »

This has been fixed.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2012
    You're on a roll today! :-)