Options

Work flow for newspaper Sports newspaper photographers??

2»

Comments

• Options
    xchangxxchangx Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    photodad1 wrote: »
    I'll be taking photos of a high school football game this Friday night and the editor wants two photos during half time. Any suggestions on works the best in regards to internet connection? I have an iPhone 4S and might just turn on the hotspot and use with my laptop. The other option is to get an USB air card. Any suggestions?

Yeah, you may have to tether your phone. Otherwise you may have to make a quick trip to McDonalds
  • Options
    photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    I won't have time to run to MCDonalds as half time is only 15 minutes.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2012
    I won't have time to run to MCDonalds as half time is only 15 minutes.

I tether to my phone and submit that way. even if I'm at McDonalds.

Looks like your only choice is to do that in your car or on the field.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2012
    xchangx wrote: »
    I tether to my phone and submit that way. even if I'm at McDonalds.

Looks like your only choice is to do that in your car or on the field.

Are you using an iPhone 4S by chance? If so, how well does it work for FTPing photos? I was on doing this on the field or my car depending my parking spot.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2012
    Are you using an iPhone 4S by chance? If so, how well does it work for FTPing photos? I was on doing this on the field or my car depending my parking spot.

I have the Galaxy Nexus (android), but it works great if you have a signal. I was using it last night transmitting in Pensacola. The wireless they had there was really slow (~10-20k a sec). Using my 4g phone with Verizon I was getting around 100-300k a sec.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2012
    Add to the Sticky?
    I've seen a lot of this information go by several times over the years. Can it get added to the Sticky?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    petereoinpetereoin Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2012
    I thought the original question of the OP was what workflow process is used?

A lot of the subsequent queries could have been answered by taking a little time to read the software user manual or tutorial
    Canon MKIII, Canon MKIV, 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 400mm f/2.8 IS, 1.4 extender and other canon gear

http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=10140
    http://pjfphoto.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2012
    petereoin wrote: »
    I thought the original question of the OP was what workflow process is used?

A lot of the subsequent queries could have been answered <style><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:595.0pt 842.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --></style>by taking a little time to read the software user manual or tutorial

Software user manual or tutorial?
  • Options
    petereoinpetereoin Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 23, 2012