Options

Headshots from London-Newbie here

2»

Comments

• Options
    WeedinnerWeedinner Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    Not your standard headshot
    Grace came into the studio today and I was bowled over by her style and looks. This wont be her main headshot but I like it any way
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2013
    and a another
    From the same set
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2013
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2013
    Love the one in post #33 thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2013
    OPera Singer
    I havent shot an opera singer for ages and then Divamum mentions she shoots classical singers and one turns up today. Shot in daylight with one small strobe above left
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2013
    Ha! Too funny. What's even funnier is that I saw the bottom of the photo - ie the dress - before her face and immediately thought, "Hey, that must be a singer" rolleyes1.gif. Nice shot, although I'd love to see a bit more vignette on it to bump up a bit of "drama" (and that armpit might benefit from some smoothing). Even in the more au naturel UK, singer shots tend to be a little more manipulated than actor ones... :) I'd probably also slightly tweak her lipcolor to tone better with the bronze of the dress, but that's just me.... YMMV!!

Your work is really terrific - please do keep posting here! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    Ha! Too funny. What's even funnier is that I saw the bottom of the photo - ie the dress - before her face and immediately thought, "Hey, that must be a singer" rolleyes1.gif. Nice shot, although I'd love to see a bit more vignette on it to bump up a bit of "drama" (and that armpit might benefit from some smoothing). Even in the more au naturel UK, singer shots tend to be a little more manipulated than actor ones... :) I'd probably also slightly tweak her lipcolor to tone better with the bronze of the dress, but that's just me.... YMMV!!

Your work is really terrific - please do keep posting here! thumb.gif

Thanks Diva. To be fair to me on the retouching this is only a quick rough edit. I do one perhaps two when the client is here watching so they can see what to expect then load them up on Twitter and Facebook before they leave the studio. They seem to like the instant publicity! and.....
    who turns up next....a concert violinist....whats that old anecdote about buses all turning up at the same time. (another rough edit BTW) Lit with 2 daylight windows and 2 strobes.
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2013
    No worries! I only tweak the proofs, too - way too much time involved to "deep edit" everything.

Love the violinist. Is that a mirror or a window behind her? Absolutely love it. I have a piece of foil-backed foam insulation that I've started using as a background - I intended it as a reflector but one day was playing with it and LOVED the result so much I've kept using it...

i-vsF2d2f-L.jpg

PS Big windows + speedlight in a softbox....
  • Options
    edited March 5, 2013
    divamum wrote: »
    Love the violinist. Is that a mirror or a window behind her?

Its a mirror between two windows. I use this space all the time and is remarkably flexible lighting depending which 'add ons' you use to enhance it. My favourite background right now are diffused plastic mirrors. Its the background behind the singer.