Options

Take galleries out of folders and ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    crocknycrockny Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    Edit theme (black right flyout), click wrench.
    Advanced tab, scroll down, the alpha bars are transparency for the different sections.

Never knew what alpha meant!
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2013
    crockny wrote: »
    Never knew what alpha meant!

Me either! Dumb name, really.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    There is no alpha slider for the page background image ... it's a personal photo, not a theme ...
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Yet another issue:

Do you have any idea why my CSS code which seemed to work before is now not working on the published folder? I changed the number of columns amongst other things ...

http://untamednewyork.smugmug.com/Galleries
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Yet another issue:

Do you have any idea why my CSS code which seemed to work before is now not working on the published folder? I changed the number of columns amongst other things ...

http://untamednewyork.smugmug.com/Galleries

I am not a CSS person except that I expertly copy/paste others' code. :)
    One thing to check though is:
    - have you inadvertently customized All Folders, when you meant to customize only one? "make this folder separate"
    - where did you place the CSS? Were you instructed to put in the main theme CSS, or in a CSS block on the All Folders section?
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    I am not a CSS person except that I expertly copy/paste others' code. :)
    One thing to check though is:
    - have you inadvertently customized All Folders, when you meant to customize only one? "make this folder separate"
    - where did you place the CSS? Were you instructed to put in the main theme CSS, or in a CSS block on the All Folders section?

I didn't see any instructions on where to put it - I put it in the CSS block ... will try moving it around -- and I want it to apply to all folders so that's what I used ...
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013

I have that part working but the other CSS codes aren't doing what they're supposed to, yet they were before!
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    God what a friggin' mess ...

I used a folder instead of a page for the galleries ... does it not have a middle section like the homepage? all I see is a green bar at the left ... these disappearing green bars suck - sorry getting cranky!
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Yes, just drop it there. That is a middle section. The green bar is good like that.
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Oh lord - I had put the folders, galleries, page content on the page ... but when I dragged the galleries content to the page then I was able to see the horizontal green bar which I couldn't see before ... yuk - but seems to be working better now ... thanks for your help - sorry to be so clueless ...
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Yes, just drop it there. That is a middle section. The green bar is good like that.

WHat I mean is, previously to putting the Gallery Content on the page I ONLY saw the left green bar - no horizontal bars showed up until then ... so I could not stack things the way I wanted ...
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Now that you have placed one block, do you see more green bars above, below, left and right of it?
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Yes now that I am using the gallery block those do appear where they did not before ...
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    Thought I would mention this because I asked about it yesterday.
    In this image I have placed 3 individual photo blocks, where the first is smaller.
    The default SM limits on top.
    to move a small text block up under the first photo, I gave a negative margin to the text block.
    Giving negative margins is okay (that was my question).
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    I think I tried that once and it didn't work for me but maybe I didn't do it right - will try that again ... good tip ...
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    I think I tried that once and it didn't work for me but maybe I didn't do it right - will try that again ... good tip ...

Set the container width for the text block to the same as what the top photo has, so it "fits".
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    On to yet another issue - it's coming along. But ... I set my slideshow to be based on a keyword, I went into a few photos and added the keyword, but the slideshow is not working at all ... any ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
    I guess it just took a while to register - it seems to be working now ...