Comments

• Options
    cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2014
    Any update in regards to this?
  • Options
    claudiusmaxclaudiusmax Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2014
    I didn't know there was a problem with mobile purchases until a customer just called about it, any updates on this situation ?
  • Options
    alantsczoalantsczo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2014
    Just found this thread, and apparently, something has changed. I just visited my website on my iPad, and had no problem buying photos...the checkout even had both a checkout and a PayPal button.

After being increasingly disheartened and angered as I read through the thread, to find that purchases via iPad are easy made my day!

Thanks SmugMug!
    Bill
    Mountain Shadows Photo
    http://www.mountainshadowsphoto.com/
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2014
    I'm a big fan of SmugMug but as a paying customer I would like to be kept up to date more than what is presently happening. Whatever updates OR progress being made needs to be posted for the members, doesn't matter if its just a little info, at least it would be something. Anyhow, if anyone on the planet knows when this mobile problem will be fixed then please share with the others. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2014
    alantsczo wrote: »
    Just found this thread, and apparently, something has changed. I just visited my website on my iPad, and had no problem buying photos...the checkout even had both a checkout and a PayPal button.

After being increasingly disheartened and angered as I read through the thread, to find that purchases via iPad are easy made my day!

Thanks SmugMug!

Well, it looks like I was a bit premature...while things seem to be fine with the iPad, I couldn't see any way to order from my iPhone5 (using chrome app)...depressing.
    Bill
    Mountain Shadows Photo
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2014
    I'm a big fan of SmugMug but as a paying customer I would like to be kept up to date more than what is presently happening. Whatever updates OR progress being made needs to be posted for the members, doesn't matter if its just a little info, at least it would be something. Anyhow, if anyone on the planet knows when this mobile problem will be fixed then please share with the others. Thank you.
    I'm sorry but we have no updates on this. The post that Baldy made still stands. When we have updates we will most certainly update you.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2014
    zacHer0 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but we have no updates on this. The post that Baldy made still stands. When we have updates we will most certainly update you.

Thanks for the reply. Its a little frustrating when "would be" customers call about a problem ordering and I have no answer to give them and the people that I go to for help don't have an answer for me, oh well, thanks again and maybe there will be a solution soon.
  • Options
    Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2014
    I just saw the option to buy using my wife's new Droid Ultra, and my old Droid X.
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2014
    The "Buy" option is now showing on my i5 as well. Great!
    Bill
    Mountain Shadows Photo
  • Options
    Djm3006Djm3006 Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2014
    alantsczo wrote: »
    The "Buy" option is now showing on my i5 as well. Great!

My 4s also showing
  • Options
    paulbrockpaulbrock Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    confirmed on my Samsung Galaxy as well. zacHer0, presumably you have an update for us?
  • Options
    botpixbotpix Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2014
    It does look like they have changed something with regards to the formatting. The "Buy Photo" screen now displays for us on iPads, iPhones, a Nexus 4 and a Galaxy S4 but it checkout screen is still formatted to fit a desktop. So you have to zoom in just to fill in the details. Huh?

Also, this change has broken my normal "Buy Photos" screen viewed on my desktop in Chrome (Version 32.0.1700.107 m). Internet explorer appears to be fine, I think. (Image attached)

If mobile purchasing is not ready for prime time, then turn it off. But hurry up already! SmugMug seems to have the slowest development cycle. I've seen entire operating systems evolve faster.
    Drew Lockwood
    ---
    www.mybotpix.com (smugmug)
    www.botpix.com (wordpress)
  • Options
    nine22nine22 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2014
    Totally stoked.. its working on my iphone 4, kindle fire sort of works(hate that thing, but only tablet I had access to)
    nine22.smugmug.com
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited February 17, 2014
    If the "Buy" page is now up (and that would be great news!), has anyone confirmed that an actual purchase has gone through to fulfillment? I don't have a smartphone or tablet, so I can't check this out for myself.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited February 17, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    If the "Buy" page is now up (and that would be great news!), has anyone confirmed that an actual purchase has gone through to fulfillment? I don't have a smartphone or tablet, so I can't check this out for myself.
    Yes, I can confirm.

We wanted to give it a few days in stealth mode before drawing too much attention in case there were issues we could nip in the bud before it affected many customers. We spent a lot of time QAing internally, but there are more small screen devices in the world than we could test against.

This is an interim step to make purchasing responsive to all screen sizes, from iPods to whatever. The buy button should appear in both the journal style and lightbox on small screens, and the selection process should be adapted to small screens. We have much more to do on small screens, but at least with this step purchasing is working with both PayPal and credit cards.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited February 17, 2014
    Baldy wrote: »
    Yes, I can confirm...
    ...but at least with this step purchasing is working with both PayPal and credit cards.
    Thanks,
    Baldy

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2014