Unable to post in landscapes

ericandeericande Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited March 20, 2014 in Dgrin Forum Support
I'm trying to make a post in landscapes but after I click submit or preview a blank white screen appears. I can obviously post ok here as this post shows up. Any idea what's wrong?
www.ericpaulphotos.com - My photography site
www.ericandtaylor.com - Follow our Peace Corps adventure

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2014
    Having the same issue.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited February 12, 2014
    Log out and then try clearing the cache and cookies for dgrin. Log back in.

I've tried posting in the thread with no problems. I am continuing to look into the issue.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2014
    Ian,

I logged out and logged back in and that seems to have been the trick. I didn't have to clear my cache or cookies.

Thanks,

Alex

My Smug Site
  • ericandeericande Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited February 19, 2014
    I've tried logging out and in, clearing cookies and cache and a different browser but nothing has worked,
    edited February 19, 2014
    ericande wrote: »
    I've tried logging out and in, clearing cookies and cache and a different browser but nothing has worked,

What browser/version are you running?
    edited February 20, 2014
    ian408 wrote: »
    What browser/version are you running?

The newest chrome and newest IE, whatever those are
    edited February 20, 2014
    the newest chrome and newest ie, whatever those are
    ok.
    edited February 20, 2014
    If it helps to troubleshoot, I can reply without issues, just can't start a new thread.
    edited February 21, 2014
    If it helps to troubleshoot, I can reply without issues, just can't start a new thread.

I've looked as much as I can on this side and see no reason you shouldn't be able to post.

It does seem rather strange that you're able to reply to a thread but not start a new one. Could you scroll to the bottom of the Landscapes page and take a look at the "Posting Rules". It should look something like this:
    Posting Rules
    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may post attachments
    • You may edit your posts

If it doesn't, can you reply?

Also, others who've experienced this have resolved it by either clearing the cache or deleting the cookies for .dgrin.com
    edited February 21, 2014
    Ian,

As I mentioned, I was having the exact problem and it resolved by simply logging off and then back in. The weird thing is that when I was having the issue, it was only in the Landscape forum. I tested successfully creating new threads in 4 of the other forums.

Must be aliens. ne_nau.gif

My Smug Site
    edited February 21, 2014
    ian408 wrote: »
    I've looked as much as I can on this side and see no reason you shouldn't be able to post.

It does seem rather strange that you're able to reply to a thread but not start a new one. Could you scroll to the bottom of the Landscapes page and take a look at the "Posting Rules". It should look something like this:
    Posting Rules
    • You may post new threads
    • You may post replies
    • You may post attachments
    • You may edit your posts

If it doesn't, can you reply?

Also, others who've experienced this have resolved it by either clearing the cache or deleting the cookies for .dgrin.com

I do have all the permissions as you listed above. I've tried clearing all cookies and cache in two browsers, still nothing, just a blank white screen when I either try to preview or submit a new thread. All other forums seem fine.
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    I've got the same problem in Other Cool Shots.

Logged out/back in, no-joy
    Checked the permissions in the bottom and I can post new threads
    Get the same white screen after hitting Submit, but the post never shows
    Can post to an existing thread no problem

Edit to add:
    Just logged out, deleted cache for dgrin, logged back in and still can't post a new thread. Get the same white screen with dgrin in the url line where it seems to hang about a third of the way from loading.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited February 28, 2014
    M38A1 wrote: »
    Edit to add:
    Just logged out, deleted cache for dgrin, logged back in and still can't post a new thread. Get the same white screen with dgrin in the url line where it seems to hang about a third of the way from loading.
    That sounds like your system is blocking some web request. When that happens, the status line at the bottom of your browser (at least in Firefox and chrome) should indicate which resource it's waiting on. That might give us something to go on. I'm wondering about some buggy browser plugin you may be running, system firewall, malware detector, etc.
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2014
    kdog wrote: »
    That sounds like your system is blocking some web request. When that happens, the status line at the bottom of your browser (at least in Firefox and chrome) should indicate which resource it's waiting on. That might give us something to go on. I'm wondering about some buggy browser plugin you may be running, system firewall, malware detector, etc.

Not a tech-wavy guy so that's kind of foreign to me..... Running a macbookPro with Safari and to my knowledge don't have anything I've installed. I've also had zero issues posting new threads up to this point. Want me to try something specific? Or provide some more information?

Edit to Add #1:
    OK, that's weird. I was just able to post this thread up in Other Cool Shots... No problems at all in doing so.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=1943409#post1943409

Edit to Add #2:
    So I bounced back to Other Cool Shots and was able to successfully create yet another new thread (Product shots) with zero issues. Works like it always has and I've done nothing different.

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited February 28, 2014
    I'm not really familiar with Safari, so can't say for sure. But if you could look at your browser carefully, there should be that status line I spoke of that tells you what's the current request that it's waiting on. On normal pages that load fast, you'll probably see a bunch of URLs flickering by. But if one's stuck, then that status will be frozen with that current request. That's what I'd be curious in knowing.
    edited February 28, 2014
    Sorry for the trouble everyone. We are looking through the log files and trying to figure out what's causing this. It's made more difficult because it doesn't happen to everyone. Hopefully, we'll have an answer soon.
    edited February 28, 2014
    An update: I got a new laptop and still have the exact same issue. Tried two different browsers again, blank white screen.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2014
    I can't post in bug forum, just goes to blank page.

I tried to post in this forum and move it to the bug forum but get blank page when submitting here also.

This is what I tried to post. Fixed it by moving gallery to another month and then back.
    The gallery link in its parent folder has a -1 added to it. The gallery does not carry this -1.

http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/Birding-2014-March/2014-03-Yardbirds-1

This makes it rather difficult getting into the gallery.

Somethings buggy.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • renzerorenzero Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2014
    I am having the same problem.
    Shown a blank screen with IE/Chrome/Firefox on Win7 machine.

But I can post a reply on an active thread though.

Any solution so far?
    edited March 17, 2014
    renzero wrote: »
    Any solution so far?
    None yet.
    edited March 17, 2014
    I'm having problems again. Just now. Will try logging out and back in again.

My Smug Site
    edited March 18, 2014
    OK Ian... figure this one out. I was having trouble right now, posting a new thread in Landscapes. Logged out/in with continued problems. I then tried just a simple "Test" thread and created it no problem. So then I edited that thread by adding the same text and embedded photo from the thread that gave me trouble. Saved fine. I then tried editing the title and to the same title I tried in my troubled post and no dice. I get the same "white", blank page when I save. The title was "The Great Composer". I then tried the title "The Composer", no problem. Tried "The GreatComposer", again, no trouble. Then again "The Great Composer"... no dice. I'm baffled. ne_nau.gif

My Smug Site
    edited March 18, 2014
    I cant even create a simple "test" thread rolleyes1.gif
    edited March 18, 2014
    Ok.. I can post a test thread eventually after several times of refresh spamming.
    I used the same technique as mentioned by anonymouscuban. It works. rolleyes1.gif
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2014