How wrong can you be....

2»

Comments

• Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    He took his marbles and ran? Sheesh.

It's enough to give Highlanders a bad name. Infact the username Highlander should be made available to a true Highlander.

A touch of Campbell maybe?

Slange Highlander, Yer erse is oot the windae...

Bod.
    friday.gif
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    marlof wrote:
    They were nice pictures. I had them tagged to comment on (and wanted to say more than "nice pictures"), but somehow my spare time went black hole again. I just came out of that, and am trying to grasp my breath. And try to work up some pictures of my own to put up (been far too long since I did just that). And give more. And paint the house. And clean my desk. And take the car to the garage. And commute. And work. And eat. And sleep less. And.... man, where's that 48h day when you need it. I sense another black hole coming up.

And therein lies one reason why someone can have 5 replies and 100 views. You did nothing wrong, marlof :D
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    That's some mighty "Thin-Skin". Took the photos down - that's a hoot.

Humungus wrote:
    ...under 10 posts & you howl over just getting 4 replies then throw all your toys at the 6500 other members ...honestly...grow up !!

That is what i would consider a great start in a new forum.
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    HighlanderHighlander Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Sorry I'm trying to sort out my gallery on Photobucket - deleted others as well. I'll get them back somehow and try to 'earn my spurs'
    I seem good at making the wrong moves, don't I?
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Highlander wrote:
    Sorry I'm trying to sort out my gallery on Photobucket - deleted others as well. I'll get them back somehow and try to 'earn my spurs'

Highlander,

No sweat, really.

And I can speak for all the moderators in saying that you'd have to spend a lot more time and energy to get any of us ticked off. It's our job to help out n00bs like yourself find their place here. I appreciate that you brought your concerns to our attention. It was a touch melodramatic, but hey, it's all good, and we can move on and have you contribute here...that's a win all around.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Highlander wrote:

I'm not a mod - but glad to see you back clap.gif
    DavidTO wrote:
    And I can speak for all the moderators in saying that you'd have to spend a lot more time and energy to get any of us ticked off.

That's a mighty bold statement. Might need to add the caveat "unless you want to discuss Windows PC vs Mac or Canon vs Nikon or Bud vs Corona etc...." :D
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Highlander wrote:

Nah - just post more of those great piccies and we're happy to have you here!
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    That's a mighty bold statement. Might need to add the caveat "unless you want to discuss Windows PC vs Mac or Canon vs Nikon or Bud vs Corona etc...." :D

That never raises my ire, just my pity for those poor, lost souls....
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2006
    Highlander wrote:
    lol3.gif

And we're quick to jump all over you!

BTW, here's a link to the thread in question, for everyone whose head is spinning right about now.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    lol3.gif

And we're quick to jump all over you!

BTW, here's a link to the thread in question, for everyone whose head is spinning right about now.

Deserved though!
    Main PC is mothballed whilst work is fininshed on cottage but will try to re-post soon. I am going to work on my 'blue phase' image as you were right - it is too blue! Thanks for the advice :):
  • Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2006
    Highlander wrote:
    Deserved though!
    Main PC is mothballed whilst work is fininshed on cottage but will try to re-post soon. I am going to work on my 'blue phase' image as you were right - it is too blue! Thanks for the advice :):

You'r not in a cottage like this are you? I wandered past and took a snap but there was no sign of Mel Gibson.

Scotland-119-01.jpg

Getting rid of full whisky bottles
    One for the road or Band of Hope
    I had eighteen bottles of whisky in my cellar and was told by my wife to empty the contents of each and every bottle down the sink. Or else......

I said I would and proceeded with the unpleasant task. I withdrew the cork from the first bottle and poured the contents down the sink, with the exception of one glass which I drank.

I extracted the cork from the second bottle and did likewise with it, with the exception of one glass, which I drank.

I then withdrew the cork from the third bottle, and poured the whisky down the sink, which I drank.

I pulled the cork from the fourth bottle down the sink, and poured the bottle down the glass, which I drank.

I pulled the bottle from the cork of the next and drank one sink out of it, and threw the rest down the glass, which I drank.

I pulled the sink out of the next glass, bottled the drink and drank the poured the cork down the bottle.

Then I corked the sink with the glass, bottled the drink and drank the pour.

When I had everything emptied, I steadied the house with one hand, counted the glasses, corks, bottles and sinks with the other, which were 29, as the house came by I counted them again, and finally had all the houses in one bottle, which I drank.

I’m not under the afluence of incohol, as some tinkle peep I am. I’m not half as thunk as you might drink.
    I fool so feelish I don’t know who is me, and the drunker I stand here the longer I get.

Oh me !!

Bob Hope.

printed in Euragonna 1951.
    friday.gif
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2006
    Bodwick wrote:
    You'r not in a cottage like this are you? I wandered past and took a snap but there was no sign of Mel Gibson.

Scotland-119-01.jpg

Getting rid of full whisky bottles
    One for the road or Band of Hope
    I had eighteen bottles of whisky in my cellar and was told by my wife to empty the contents of each and every bottle down the sink. Or else......

I said I would and proceeded with the unpleasant task. I withdrew the cork from the first bottle and poured the contents down the sink, with the exception of one glass which I drank.

I extracted the cork from the second bottle and did likewise with it, with the exception of one glass, which I drank.

I then withdrew the cork from the third bottle, and poured the whisky down the sink, which I drank.

I pulled the cork from the fourth bottle down the sink, and poured the bottle down the glass, which I drank.

I pulled the bottle from the cork of the next and drank one sink out of it, and threw the rest down the glass, which I drank.

I pulled the sink out of the next glass, bottled the drink and drank the poured the cork down the bottle.

Then I corked the sink with the glass, bottled the drink and drank the pour.

When I had everything emptied, I steadied the house with one hand, counted the glasses, corks, bottles and sinks with the other, which were 29, as the house came by I counted them again, and finally had all the houses in one bottle, which I drank.

I’m not under the afluence of incohol, as some tinkle peep I am. I’m not half as thunk as you might drink.
    I fool so feelish I don’t know who is me, and the drunker I stand here the longer I get.

Oh me !!

Bob Hope.

printed in Euragonna 1951.

friday.gif
    rolleyes1.gif
    Three months ago I'd have swapped our cottage for that one! As far as major renovations go - never again!!:nono

Regards
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 10, 2006
    Highlander: (is that your given name? headscratch.gif )

Welcome to dGrin. I am one of the folks who went to your other thread but found the images linked from photobucket are missing, so I had nothing to comment on.

I'll look for your future posts thumb.gif