smugdav

2»

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2005
    same here
    Noggin wrote:
    I am experiencing the strange effect of Galleries (and photos therein) in a Subcategory appearing at both the Category and Subcategory levels - anyone else seeing this?

Also, some Categories repeatedly give the error message:

"Documents in this folder are not available. The folder may have been removed or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server"

Iain
    I thought it was me only:-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Uploads
    I realize that upload is not yet supported, but when it is, how do you expect to handle the process of adding new images to the database, generating thumbnails, assigning imageIDs and renaming files?

Just curious.
  • Options
    sdmeyerssdmeyers Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited February 8, 2005
    Noticing Old (Deleted) Images...
    Browsing through the directories with WebDAV I Noiticed Images that I had deleted. Which indicates something's not quite working right somewhere.
  • Options
    asdasd Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    sdmeyers wrote:
    Browsing through the directories with WebDAV I Noiticed Images that I had deleted. Which indicates something's not quite working right somewhere.
    I just stumbled across this and think it's GREAT! biggrinbounce2.gif

I had zero issues getting in and am now happily browsing around and test-copying down one of my albums. Kudos for making it easy to get my photos back, should I ever lose my backups or decide I wanna move on. Not that the latter will ever happen, since this place is so great.

I've also noticed the deleted images showing up in the list - some from an album that I cleaned up at least a week ago (and probably closer to 2 weeks). uhoh2.gif
  • Options
    mugsytoddmugsytodd Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2006
    faulty connection
    I, too, keep getting the "Documents in this folder are not avail...", but only when I click on a category that I use on my gallaries. All the other folders give no error, but are empty.

When I use WebDrive, I can connect and see my custom categories with no error, but ALL the folders are empty.

I am on Windows XP Pro.

I've tried every way I can imagine to connect and my heart is filled with sadness. Could there be firewall issues? It seems that for webdav it shouldnt be an issue, but who knows?

ATM:cry

And now, strangly enough, Windows is no longer prompting me for a password.
    Grrr.
    Andrew Todd Marcus
    Fotografía y Diseño
    Photography & Design
    http://catfish.smugmug.com
  • Options
    HeidiRKriegerHeidiRKrieger Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 14, 2006
    Computer Error?
    My computer says that "Documents in this file are not available....[etc.]" Is this because of McAfee? Can I make it so that it works?

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    Hrm... When I log into my mikelane.smugmug.com account in OS X I see the categories just fine as C_CategoryName. When I go into any of those folders all I see is a single zero KB Unix file named _ ne_nau.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    HeidiRKriegerHeidiRKrieger Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Cannot Connect
    I have been trying and re-trying this. I use Mozilla and Microsoft XP, but I cannot connect via my network places. headscratch.gif I don't even make it to the password phase. Any suggestions?:cry
  • Options
    MannyManny Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2006
    This is the coolest thing since sliced bread!!!!

Unbelievably useful tool...

MG
  • Options
    coopervillecooperville Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 10, 2006
    Trouble with all but one gallery
    Noggin wrote:
    Also, some Categories repeatedly give the error message:

"Documents in this folder are not available. The folder may have been removed or deleted, or network problems may be preventing a connection to the server"

I have galleries in multiple categories, including one in Family. When I open the Family folder, I see that gallery fine, but when I open any other folder in which I have galleries, I get this same error.

I tried moving an existing gallery from Travel to Family, but then I got the error for Family, and Travel opened fine (but was, of course, empty). Is there a setting I have correct on my one Family gallery that I have incorrect in my other galleries? I looked through the options, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks.
  • Options
    coopervillecooperville Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 10, 2006
    No special characters
    I remembered that someone had mentioned something about special characters. I got rid of all the ' and & in my gallery names and I can see them all now.
  • Options
    iefarleyiefarley Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2006
    Won't work...
    I'm very much wanting to use this to download a whole gallery my brother uploaded for me of family outing photos from another camera (I changed the password for him to be able to upload).
    I can see photos in lots of other folders, but the folder I want to download gives the error message:
    It originally was a private folder, but I've changed it to public... I've tried moving the photos bulk to a new folder and that one doesn't work either. All the filenames are long with spaces between words and most have a dash in them... might that cause trouble??
    It will be very helpful if it CAN work!!