January 28th - Site Down

13»

Comments

• Options
    PixoulPixoul Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Try emptying your Safari Cache :) I can see your site just fiine,

Been there, done that. :D I tried using both Safari and Firefox, caches cleared, including my wife's Mac. Like I said, the problem was intermittent and I had 3 hours (11:15 PM Eastern through 2:15 AM Eastern) of my gallery showing up just fine until I started seeing the improper gallery loading a few times again at 2:15 AM just before I went to bed. headscratch.gif
    Andy wrote:
    I see you wrote the help desk too - that causes us double work, if you don't mind in the future, stick to one or the other :D thanks wave.gif

I'm still a n00b and getting used to the support channels; most Forums I frequent (including mine) have a "Forums are for unofficial support, e-mail is for official support" policy. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Pixoul wrote:
    I'm still a n00b and getting used to the support channels; most Forums I frequent (including mine) have a "Forums are for unofficial support, e-mail is for official support" policy. rolleyes1.gif
    No worries :) So, we still can't reproduce your issue - give it a day and see if the problem persists?
  • Options
    mishnogrammishnogram Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Good job smugmug team. Yeah it was a nuisance but that's all it was for me and your customer support more than makes up for anything like this.
    Min Lee
    lee-family.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PixoulPixoul Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    No worries :) So, we still can't reproduce your issue - give it a day and see if the problem persists?

Yup, no worries...I haven't seen the problem again today either.

But I didn't report the problem as a complaint...it was just more of an FYI to let you guys know that I was seeing weirdness even after the dead chicken waving database Voodoo had been completed last night.

I just thought that there might be a slight chance that my screenshot would tickle some SmugMug geek's problem solving prowess and have them say, "hey, Sean's gallery is showing some other dude's gallery instead, the corruption must be in the widget hash lookup table of the cross referenced gallery doohickey ID thingamabob database...I know exactly what the problem is now!" bowdown.gif

Yeah. I'm a smartass. thumb.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Pixoul wrote:
    Yup, no worries...I haven't seen the problem again today either.

But I didn't report the problem as a complaint...it was just more of an FYI to let you guys know that I was seeing weirdness even after the dead chicken waving database Voodoo had been completed last night.

I just thought that there might be a slight chance that my screenshot would tickle some SmugMug geek's problem solving prowess and have them say, "hey, Sean's gallery is showing some other dude's gallery instead, the corruption must be in the widget hash lookup table of the cross referenced gallery doohickey ID thingamabob database...I know exactly what the problem is now!" bowdown.gif

lol3.gif and we really appreciate the help!
  • Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2007
    Pixoul wrote:
    the corruption must be in the widget hash lookup table of the cross referenced gallery doohickey ID thingamabob database...I know exactly what the problem is now!" bowdown.gif

And a highly intelligent one too - you lost me with all that technical jargon...

headscratch.gif

Yeah I'm a smartass too. mwink.gif
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    pixoul wrote:
    Yeah; I'm a smartass
    lol3.gif and we really appreciate the help!
    ... cause they're not all that good at being smartasses, themselves. :-)