Options

share your favorite pregnancy/newborn shots!

tturchintturchin Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited February 28, 2007 in People
Link me up--your own photos, or just favorites from other photographers!

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    WAS: That's pretty much every other post on this forum - you could try searching yourself.

IS: There are a lot of baby photos and infant shots in this forum. Looking back, I found 10-15 posts in the past 5 pages which include children/infant shots.
    ... I guess we do have a "Live Band Photography" thread... why not a baby thread?
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    wow. sorry to bother you. :(

Just so you know, I did a search before posting this, but didn't come up with a compilation of great photos/photographers, so I thought it might be nice to have a creme de la creme type thread.

I'd read that dgrin was immune to the cliquey, snooty type posts of other photography boards--they were obviously wrong! I won't bother you again. Sorry to have offended you with my request!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Sorry you got a wrong impression of the folks here on the forum. If you had explained that you had searched unsuccessfully, someone would surely come along and help!! I am not aware of a "list" of great baby photogs going around, but I have a couple of sites that I discovered recently and was thinking of posting a thread on, so this thread comes a long at a good time. I'm at work right now and don't remember the sites, so I will post them later when I get home. We do have some members who are great baby/children photographers on this forum. I can suggest you do a "search" for Photogmamma, Urbanaries, Photocat and Primedigital to name a few. Very different styles and I think you will enjoy their photography. I don't do baby photography specifically but here are a couple shots of my favorite little person in the world, my great nephew.
    Welcome to the forum!!!

65342178-M.jpg

119013952-M.jpg
  • Options
    com3com3 Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    i took these 2 shots with an OLD 3.2mp point and shoot with a fixed 5mm lens @ f/2,8, 1/60, ISO100.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    and this one. my son was 4 months old at the time. :D
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2007
    Saurora the BW of your nephew is adorable!!! so we don't have cute baby overkill in here, i'll share my fave momma shot.

108950655-M.jpg
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:

100722243-M.jpg

thumb.gif Beautiful work.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    Thanks Lynn! I love your maternity shots...I have seen the 2nd shot but this one in color is new to me....it's beautiful!

As promised I wanted to post 2 new sites I ran across that specialize in maternity/newborn/children/teens. I have been checking out websites for portraiture mainly, and ran across these. Of the 2 my favorite is Corey Civetta's site. I really like her website and I really love her photography. A great site for gathering ideas about lighting. There are a lot more examples of her work than the other site.

http://www.coreycivetta.com

http://www.andrearees.com

100722243-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2007
    WOW! that's BEAUTIFUL! thumb.gifthumb.gif

100722243-M.jpg
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Eyes.jpg

Ok the grandbaby.
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Eyes.jpg

Ok the grandbaby.

One of the few examples I have seen where selective coloring is effective and adds something to the image... bravo! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    Say...........that reminds me of someone's avatar! :D
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Say...........that reminds me of someone's avatar! :D

rolleyes1.gif

Malte
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Owen wrote:
    That's pretty much every other post on this forum - you could try searching yourself.

Sigh. What's eating you Owen? headscratch.gif

Malte
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Hmmm, a baby thread?
    Just so happens that becoming a grandparent changes the stuff you read....Laughing.gif....like baby threads and the other day my wife is reading "Child" magazine.....what is this world coming to? rolleyes1.gifSo, it's only appropriate to post a shot of the coolest kid on the planet:

120334101-L.jpg
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    com3 wrote:
    WOW! that's BEAUTIFUL! thumb.gifthumb.gif

100722243-M.jpg
    Thanks, all...this session was definitely my favorite indoor yet. I can't take total credit though, when I saw this client's bedroom, I was reminded of an image by the photographer who is credited with bringing maternity photography into the mainstream...Jennifer Loomis. I went a different direction, but wanted to illustrate the (obvious) inspiration.

portfolio-pregnancy.jpg
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited February 10, 2007
    my younger grandson nate impersonating 'stewie' from the 'family guy'-128684917-L.jpg
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    My nephew...minutes old...
    91092006-M-1.jpg

some sweet feet...(baby girl)
    122426767-M.jpg

my nephew...almost 10 months...
    122423891-M.jpg

:D Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    Thanks everyone. Owen and I pmed and I just got the wrong impression from his post. I look forward to seeing more photos--thanks everyone who has shared so far! Jennifer Loomis's photo is stunning!

Elaine--I have a really similar shot of my son's feet! :D He will be a year next week and I should do a retake of this photo with his now huge hobbit-like feet!

128458696-M.jpg

George--your grandson's Stewie is spot on! My husband just saw it and says it's now his favorite photo of all time. I think you should sell calendars with it! ;):D
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    100722243-M.jpg

incredible. amazing lighting, awesome pose. this picture gives me this amazing feeling inside. my jaw dropped when i first looked at it. i don't know how else to describe it.
    bowdown.gif
  • Options
    oriskyorisky Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    Here are a couple of my baby, 1 month:

123276427-M.jpg

2 months:
    125153642-M.jpg

3 months:
    127369394-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    binghott wrote:
    incredible. amazing lighting, awesome pose. this picture gives me this amazing feeling inside. my jaw dropped when i first looked at it. i don't know how else to describe it.
    bowdown.gif

wow, thanks binghott, i can't say i've received a more heartfelt and humbling compliment. i see all sorts of imperfections (the CA, the bottom of the fabric i just want to STRAIGHTEN) but ultimately, making people feel something is what it's all about...thanks for the signal i'm on the right track.

this was shot with a clamp light from Lowe's with a clear 200w tungsten bulb through a brollybox.

Ironically, I shot this family with their new addition earlier today. Will post soon.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2007
    orisky wrote:
    2 months:
    125153642-M.jpg

this shot is sooooo sweet. I just love the look on the dog's face, the perspective, it's really special. nice work!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2007
    I don't have any shots to share, but if you just want to take a look at other's work, a few good choices are:

www.irocp.com (International Registry of Children's Photography) - take a look at the featured photographer's sites and/or member sites

www.ilovephotography.com another forum that specializes in children's photography, very fast-moving site with tons of members, especially in the jso forum

A search on smugmug for maternity or newborn will bring up several albums with some nice photos/sites

Couple photographer sites I've looked at with great newborn/maternity shots:

http://janeoverby.smugmug.com/Babies,%20Children%20&%20Maternity smugmugger site with a few nice samples

http://kimballphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/939339 smugmugger with really nice gallery of photos

http://www.heidilynnephotography.com/ One of my favorites - Look under portfolio for some great newborn and maternity shots

http://shawngeiser.albumpost.com/ A friend of mine's site - more maternity than newborn

htp
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    One of my wife early in the pregnancy

102334515-M.jpg

and one a week before the arrival of James

117846497-M.jpg

That's nearly 49 inches.
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    so far ive only done one baby shoot with mom and son...but here's the results

http://gpphotos.smugmug.com/gallery/1711100#84324311
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    christulk wrote:
    One of my wife early in the pregnancy

102334515-M.jpg

and one a week before the arrival of James

117846497-M.jpg

That's nearly 49 inches.

unbelievable how big the mommas can get-

glad I never went thru that, but appreciate those who do-

saw your pics of james-

very nice-
  • Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    Here I was going for the "Family Feet" pose, but the baby was happiest sitting up and we liked it after the fact.
    DSC_1089b.jpg

And Zara just has beautiful eyes.
    DSC_2727a-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    Chris--I love that tape measure around your wife's belly. I think I've seen that before, but the way you shot it is really nice. It looks so graceful.

I loved being pregnant--it's like you get to be a circus freak for a few months and watch your body balloon out of all normal reason!

Alaska Shutterbug--thanks for all the links--I can't wait to check them out!
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2007
    shane-

love the 'feet' pic-