Options

dkapp owes fish a dollar

2»

Comments

• Options
    larklark Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    Congrats! Once again your life just got better!
    I have the G5/2.0 & 23" Display and though not as sexy as the new stuff, plenty sexy for me for the time being.

Did you get 4GB ram? that seems to be the magic number-had less and spent too much time looking at a spinning "processing" wheel.
    One thing I did do (recommended by a friend) that has helped alot was to install a second-faster(10000rpm) drive for my software....ie.all software goes on the Raptor Drive (it's only 75GB, but way fast.....and besides when I go above 75GB of application software, I've got another kind of problem)
    All of my other work, including my company is on an internal 80GB. All of the pictures and video clips are on an external Western Digital 120GB. With weekly backups to another 120GB external.
    I feel like this set up just screams, but truthfully I have nothing else to compare it to. It's really subjective, I guess I could pull out all the stats again (I did lots of research,too), but I only have this one comuter here and it feels like the fastest one I've ever had, feels like it'll keep up for a while.

I go on about this cause as you (and others) have found out, a 1DsMKII REQUIRES an major computer upgrade for processing and more storage -my JPEG's run 40+ MB - unless you are running close to the top of what's out there anyway....how's that for a hidden cost?

Don't know if any of this rambling helps....welcome to a new club!!! The G5!

By the way, look inside the G5 body and see how beautiful and elegant they designed the insides also..it's amazing!

Enjoy!
    den.smugmug.com
  • Options
    larklark Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    PS....is anyone else finding operating the 1Ds MKII........quite a handfull ?

It's not nearly as intuitive as the 20D or for that matter my SonyF828. That said....but ohhhhhhhhhhhh the pictures.
    I'm not about to give up or even frustrated, it's like I just started playing a brandnew game w/ this camera.....am I alone?
    den.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited January 17, 2005
    lark wrote:
    PS....is anyone else finding operating the 1Ds MKII........quite a handfull ?

It's not nearly as intuitive as the 20D or for that matter my SonyF828. That said....but ohhhhhhhhhhhh the pictures.
    I'm not about to give up or even frustrated, it's like I just started playing a brandnew game w/ this camera.....am I alone?
    No, probably not alone. Just in a small group :D

BTW, one of the nicest things about Apple products is the industrial
    design. I was looking inside the G5 and was wondering how much time
    they spent getting it to fit together so nicely. It's a beauty.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    andy wrote:
    dave, you owe fish $1 payable in coin of the realm lol3.gif

I've yet to see a single penny of that money, btw...:cry
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    fish wrote:
    I've yet to see a single penny of that money, btw...:cry

I tried ne_nau.gif
    dkapp wrote:
    Fish:
    Lets go to Starbucks, my treat. Looks like I owe you a dollar :D

Dave

Dave
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I tried ne_nau.gif

Dave

If I were Fish, I'd hold out for Peet's.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I tried ne_nau.gif
    Tried how? headscratch.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Tried how? headscratch.gif

I take it you don't want coffee. Just give me your addy, and I'll quit asking. :D

Dave
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I take it you don't want coffee. Just give me your addy, and I'll quit asking. :D

Dave

dave, i can send the smaldone bros. out from brooklyn, if youse know whaddeye mean deal.gif
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    dkapp wrote:

Dave

beer.
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Beer? I quit drinking and have alllll this beer sitting here getting old. The good side is look at how fast I can now save for the 300/2.8!!!

clap.gifclapthumb.gifclap.gifclap