Options

07/07/07 - Dgrin Global Image Day

13»

Comments

• Options
    CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I'd say, let's all try to post within a week or so. We'll keep it open, but I doubt it will be as interesting to look at the month (or more) old pictures..

BUMP.

There should be more than 4 pages. Where are all the regular Dgrinners?
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Nik ... where do I post?
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2007
    Gary,
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Nik ... where do I post?
    Uhm, this sticky, on the very top of this forum :-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited July 13, 2007
    Musings
    Well, almost a week has passed and some very good images have been posted. However, after reviewing the postings to date, I think it may have been a mistake to leave the subject matter wide open. I don't see anything in the thread that sets it apart from what I usually see when I look at the daily new stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you--great stuff gets posted here all the time. Still, to me the "global" part doesn't come through. If we do this again next year, I think we should consider restricting the entries to some common theme, like "this is where I buy my bread" or something. That way we have some basis for comparison.

Just musings on an afternoon too hot to go out shooting...

Cheers,
  • Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    RTP wrote:
    BUMP.

There should be more than 4 pages. Where are all the regular Dgrinners?

I'm lagging. I have a bunch of images that made it as far as download to my drive. Since then, I've been doing a lot of home inventory photography--homeowner's insurance is coming up & we need to a) change companies & revise it a lot, and b) get documentation of all the valuables in the hous like $10k in photo gear (gaa, how'd it get to be that much?! eek7.gif). I promise to get something up in the next few days--even with two more shoots coming up.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Nik-

Here is a link to my 07/07/07 gallery. I just photographed my day. A variety of different stuff. Pick one that best fits the needs of your assignment.

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/3142319#172398086

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2007
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Nik-

Here is a link to my 07/07/07 gallery. I just photographed my day. A variety of different stuff. Pick one that best fits the needs of your assignment.

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/3142319#172398086

Gary
    Since you've asked..
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2007
    Richard,
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Well, almost a week has passed and some very good images have been posted. However, after reviewing the postings to date, I think it may have been a mistake to leave the subject matter wide open. I don't see anything in the thread that sets it apart from what I usually see when I look at the daily new stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you--great stuff gets posted here all the time. Still, to me the "global" part doesn't come through. If we do this again next year, I think we should consider restricting the entries to some common theme, like "this is where I buy my bread" or something. That way we have some basis for comparison.

Just musings on an afternoon too hot to go out shooting...

Cheers,

I guess we'll see. The sky shoot was a bit too dull to my taste. Total anarchy of this year may also not be an ideal solution. Now that we've tried both extremes we can gradually improve. As long as we're actually doing something and having fun at that, it's all that counts:-)
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 13, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I guess we'll see. The sky shoot was a bit too dull to my taste. Total anarchy of this year may also not be an ideal solution. Now that we've tried both extremes we can gradually improve. As long as we're actually doing something and having fun at that, it's all that counts:-)

I think Richard has a point.

When you titled this "global" I assumed we would get some indication of where each shooter was located. I mean a rock is a rock is a rock unless there's something special about the picture of the rock that indicates it's located in your special corner of the world.

This is why I offered up two possibilities, both with iconic Los Angeles landmarks.
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    When you titled this "global" I assumed we would get some indication of where each shooter was located...

This hadn't occured to me--but now that you mention it, that makes some real sense.

I take mostly sports shots, mostly involving leagues my kids or our friends kids are in--and had no games going on that particular weekend. Therefore, I had no "muse."

Maybe something of a little more specific of a concept might be useful next time--but looking at all the contests that go on here, I know I never can come up with ideas for the typical one-word themes...
    Regards

Will
    edited July 13, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    I think Richard has a point.

When you titled this "global" I assumed we would get some indication of where each shooter was located. I mean a rock is a rock is a rock unless there's something special about the picture of the rock that indicates it's located in your special corner of the world.

This is why I offered up two possibilities, both with iconic Los Angeles landmarks.

I agree, it does make sense! But 7/7/7 is now gone, and we have the whole year before 8/8/8 to polish it out :-)
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I agree, it does make sense! But 7/7/7 is now gone, and we have the whole year before 8/8/8 to polish it out :-)

What do we do after 12/12/12 ? headscratch.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:
    We'll figure something out, trust me deal.gifmwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    z_28z_28 Registered Users Posts: 956 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    6/6/6 for some :nah "strange" reason wasn't big international fiesta !
    D300, D70s, 10.5/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 24-85/2.8-4, 50/1.4, 70-200VR, 70-300VR, 60/2.8, SB800, SB80DX, SD8A, MB-D10 ...
    XTi, G9, 16-35/2.8L, 100-300USM, 70-200/4L, 19-35, 580EX II, CP-E3, 500/8 ...
    DSC-R1, HFL-F32X ... ; AG-DVX100B and stuff ... (I like this 10 years old signature :^)
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2007
    z_28 wrote:
    6/6/6 for some :nah "strange" reason wasn't big international fiesta !
    That was Masonic/Illuminati Conspiracy lol3.gif
    Or maybe Vatican didn't want to draw much attention to The Number of The Beast mwink.gif
    But come think of it, we also missed 1/1/1, 2/2/2, 3/3/3, 4/4/4 and 5/5/5. At least we have started now:-)
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2007
    You know, to expand our horizons and so, we can always do Friday the 13th shoot out Laughing.gif. I wonder how many will even go outside? :D I've known people dont even go to work on those days, how pathetic?? I would love to see Fridays' 13th day shots, "Show Us Your Scariest Moment" rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 14, 2007
    jdryan3 wrote:

1/3/13 of course

lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited July 14, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    1/3/13 of course
    lol3.gif
    Good one, Angelino! Is it also, Friday, by any chance?