Fishwrap

2»

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 17, 2004
    fish wrote:
    I like it. How did you do it? Filter?
    Nope, the old fashioned way. Cheap wide angle 18-55 EF-S lens at 18mm. I think the cheap is the functional word there. Then I just make sure I put the important piece way in the foreground, and then the background (the further away the better) gets all distorted.

Sorry for the long time no response. Damn thesis writing got in the way.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2004
    Bird
    2563274-M.jpg

Finally...a break in the rain.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2004
    Word.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Word.
    crap...i missed the opportunity to say "peace".

'nother bird. Lousy...not sharp. But nice bokeh, huh? deal.gif

2564754-S.jpg
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2004
    The junco pic sucked so bad that I decided to just merge the bird thread into fishwrap. Keep "post your best shots" pure.
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2004
    headscratch.gif

Hrm.. whenever I hear something referring to "fish".. I think of stuff like this...

ClownsIZooLGMK.JPG

(Yes, the corals are live)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2004
    Nemo!!!
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2004
    Oh GOD! (We of the aquatic world hate that! lol3.gif

Actually, lots of baby Nemos... ;)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Oh GOD! (We of the aquatic world hate that! lol3.gif

Sharks: i]reciting[/i I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.

Welcome seamaiden!
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2004
    Thank you Mr. Fish. My av is a seamonkey, a term of endearment. Did you know that, in comparison with most other fish we keep, sharks are actually the wusses of the sea? Yep, that's right!

Anyone here keep fish? (No, not you.)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2004
    I have 2 setups. 55gal fresh and 36gal marine. It used to be the other way but when I moved last I swicthed to cause less movement and stress to the marine inhabitants. They all did well.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2004
    Very good to hear. I've got an article outlined on moving fish for the hobbyist. Need to get some shots to fill it out, and it's going to be a two-parter. I just wish that stupid Parson Gas would call me back! I know exactly how to get an O2 setup for commercial situations, but I have NO idea how the hobbyist would gain access to oxygen without either getting a Rx from a doctor (I'm assuming big bucks, nor would any self-respecting physician write such a Rx for shipping fish), or transporting everything to the LFS (local fish shop) to get their O2 for bagging.

Got any shots of your tanks? Over on reefs.org we have a whole section (and contests) dedicated to photography of the wet stuff.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery