I'm done!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Hello Andi,
    I was showing this to my wife and she was trying to look at them in order but we realized the aren't in order. Is there any particular reason for that?
    Just to mess up you and your wife! Laughing.gif!

Seriously, I started doing it using the SM setting of the reverse order they were uploaded. About halfway through my project, they got hosed up for some unknown reason. Seriously hosed up. (Something changed on the SM side, not my side.)

I then ordered 'em by taken - and that messed up the PSed ones - they all went to the beginning I realized after a while.

Then I sat down for almost 2 hours and renumbered them and found that they were in the right order.

About 2 weeks before the end, I found out they were OUT Of order again. I have NO clue what's going on on the SM side of things, but I've reordered them twice and they're still wrong. headscratch.gif It's frustrating. I want to go through and change the captions so that they have the day number first, but frankly, I'm sick of reordering them - and I've been sick and busy, busy, busy so I haven't done it. I also need to talk to the SM gurus to find out what the issue is. (I have a LOT of photos in there so it could be the problem.)

Anyway, probably WAY longer than you wanted an answer to be, but.... ;) There you go! Sorry they're out of order. It'll probably be a week or two before I get them fixed, but that's on my agenda one of these days! (Probably as I put out my next project, which I've been working on, but haven't uploaded yet.)

Thanks ot you and your wife for checking them out, though!
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2008
    Andi, since you've been consistent with your captions, you should be able to sort them by caption thumb.gif

The 'sort by upload' should work as well. The 'by date' can indeed get messed up when some photos don't have a date taken embedded.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Andi, since you've been consistent with your captions, you should be able to sort them by caption thumb.gif

The 'sort by upload' should work as well. The 'by date' can indeed get messed up when some photos don't have a date taken embedded.
    Hmm, you know what i think may have messed things up at one point. I uploaded a TON of photos with the newer uploader and they didn't go up in the order I put them in the dialog box. They start uploading in that order, but if the second file is smaller than the first, it goes up first and messes up the whole ordering as they're uploaded. (That's why, before I went to Mac, I only used the old IE uploader - they always went up in the order I wanted.)

But I've definitely had some weirdness with this gallery. I'll try to record what I did so that you guys can take a look at it and maybe let me know what I did wrong. (I'm starting another project soon and want to make sure it's in the right order.)

Oh, and my captions aren't perfect and there are a few that are not quite conducive to ordering (like "day 124 2 of 4" or "Project II" or whatever I called it) that would require me to rename them - just as daunting a task as manually reordering.

Anyway, thanks for piping up! I appreciate it! :D
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2008
    Hey Andi, I thought I had already commented but I must have just imagined it. GREAT series and I love looking through your galleries. So much creativity just bursting through! You and Kate are so inspiring, I started a sort of daily photo project too, though already I'm struggling on day four. lol3.gif

Congrats, happy belated birthday and WOW! great job thumb.gif