Options

So, I bought a 24-70mm f/2.8L - and UPS lost it

2»

Comments

• Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    It's my next purchase after the macbook pro!
    I tried to send that lens to you for you to check it out, but realized I might have gotten the address wrong; you do live at 123 Not a chance Dr... Right? lol3.gif

Seriously, you'll love the lens. I hear J&R might have one back in stock in a day or so.. rolleyes1.gif (Damn UPS...)
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Looks like keepers. (Lens and little girl. thumb.gif)
    Thanks Ziggy :)

Now, I'm off to shoot a wedding with that lens! Yay me! I'll post a link when I have them done.

David
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    This is often more a function of the seller's requirements - they are the ones that request and pay for the "signature required" - and it does cost extra.

Not trying to defend one shipping company over another, but you may want to look at the terms of the sale.

I can understand what you are saying.

I ordered from newegg.com
    They were on the same order number.
    IMO, There should have been no difference, but priority for signature should have automatically been on the $1300 camera. ne_nau.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    I tried to send that lens to you for you to check it out, but realized I might have gotten the address wrong; you do live at 123 Not a chance Dr... Right? lol3.gif

Seriously, you'll love the lens. I hear J&R might have one back in stock in a day or so.. rolleyes1.gif (Damn UPS...)

.. hey you got the right address! rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Thanks Ziggy :)

Now, I'm off to shoot a wedding with that lens! Yay me! I'll post a link when I have them done.

David

I can't wait to see your wedding results with this lens! Love the samples so far. Makes me want one all that much more...
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2008
    Just posted some wedding shots here: http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=91700

David
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    Try this one on!
    I dropped off my 17-40L for focus problems at the Irvine, California, Service Center. They tweaked the lens just fine and FEDEX "dropped" it off at my house exactly a week later.

Actually "dropped it off" is not correct, FEDEX delivered the package by throwing it over a six foot chain link fence onto my concrete driveway.

Luckily, Canon packs the return items very securely and there was no damage.

I complained to both Canon of Irvine and FEDEX but, never heard back fro either...
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2008
    rpcrowe wrote:
    I dropped off my 17-40L for focus problems at the Irvine, California, Service Center. They tweaked the lens just fine and FEDEX "dropped" it off at my house exactly a week later.

Actually "dropped it off" is not correct, FEDEX delivered the package by throwing it over a six foot chain link fence onto my concrete driveway.
    That's just insane.. But, why not just pick it up from Irvine? I don't trust UPS OR FedEx.. They're just a necessary evil. :(