Options

Help Baldy shoot for a 72x240-inch print

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    I'm gonna try a large pano next week, but still clueless on how yet as I only have a single row pano head (RRS) and a 400/2.8 to use thanks to CPS. Must figure out how to do multi-row with a single head. Heh.

One other thought for you guys, some programs are showing "Single image HDR" now, dunno what their output looks like, but may increase DR enough to make it look good over trying to get 3 shots with moving people.
  • Options
    rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    I'm gonna try a large pano next week, but still clueless on how yet as I only have a single row pano head (RRS) and a 400/2.8 to use thanks to CPS. Must figure out how to do multi-row with a single head. Heh.

Is there a center post on your tripod? If so, you could always use that to navigate between the top and bottom row - albeit at the expense (potentially) of some stability. At least then you wouldn't be altering the angle of the lens, which should make for easier stitching.
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2010
    rdlugosz wrote: »
    Is there a center post on your tripod? If so, you could always use that to navigate between the top and bottom row - albeit at the expense (potentially) of some stability. At least then you wouldn't be altering the angle of the lens, which should make for easier stitching.

Nope. Specifically bought one without a center post because of stability issues.

I guess I could make a center point directly below my tripod head, and lower the tripod to the ground, then up the first section of legs, then second, third, etc till I'm at full height, which for my tripod is oh, 6'5". So going from ground to full I think might do it.. Might.. still 400 is pretty far reach compared to the 50 I normally use.

And I believe I'll need to get an arca mount for the lens, since the body currently supports any lens I shoot with, meaning the 400 would probably kill my body mount. Oops. Just thought of that!