>DSS #7 (Communication - B&W): Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Thanks Jag. I originally had this one up:

Grande Ultimatum

362141288_QXbkm-L.jpg

but I changed it for my current entry. Apparently, based upon your comments, my first entry would have been much more theme worthy. Oh well, I'm learning. Thanks for all you do. thumb.gif
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Thanks
    Thank you JAG for the honest feedback! And, thanks to the ones that mentioned "AllWays" in your favs or honorable mentions.

I screwed up because I waited until the last minute to do the photo and rushed throuh it. I had the idea since day one...just no participants around me to be my subjects. Anyways...I may redo that someday because I love my idea behind it...I am just not a big fan of this turn out.
    BUT, I had to enter something :D

I'm not allowed to play next round :cry But, I'll have fun looking at all yours.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    #57-shudderz- straight from the heart~ Beautiful image. Looks more like a feeling of love rather
    than communicating. IMO.

Thank you. (I'd much rather hear that I had a beautiful image that was a bit off topic than hear that I hit the topic and the image sucked!....:D )
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    My favorites - really nice job on these ones!

Belated thanks for the recognition. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    tamplumtamplum Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    "
    ...get your "nOOb" butt off the wall and enter the next round!!!:D
    If you are learning by watching, you will REALLY learn by participating. Don't even think of it as a contest, but rather an assignment...and see what you come up with. Feedback on your own photograph, plus the experience of working through it, will help you grow. There is really nothing to lose.thumb.gif

Yes, what he said. I was terrified when I entered my first challenge back during LPS. I admit looking back, wow.. I had so much to learn. Each challenge I learn more and more and 1 day hope to make the top 10-15. The critiques alone are worth it.
    **Taking the moments one shot at a time**
    ~Working with my Nikon D80~
    <My dream is to be the kind of mother, my kids already think I am>
  • Options
    Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    JAG,

Thanks for all your hard work and the critque of my image "Street Beat".

For me it is not about winning or losing, althought being a finalist is a great rush, But more about getting out and trying.

There is so much to learn by being involved in the challenges. so many great images and ideas that you can't help but come away having learned something.

Congratulations to everyone who put forth the effort. clap.gif

Regards,

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    My Feedback
    First, I have to say what an amazingly tough round this was to judge. In my first pass, I had 48. In my second cut, I still had 22. Then I flip-flopped back and forth for quite some time before I finally settled on my ten. The I took some out, swapped them around, put some back again, got more frustrated, and eventually pinned it down!

#2 - tlee - The Beholder
    The composition and technical aspects on this are great. I love the clarity and intensity of the eyes. Your crystal ball looks like a paperweight though, thus losing the authenticity of the message.

#4 - idiom - Postal
    I like what you were going for here, but unfortunately there's not enough detail in your blacks to determine (without the title) what this is exactly. I would have first guessed a birdhouse. A closer, vertical crop may also have given this image more impact.

#5 - jrnylst - Placid Rage
    Great content, perfect for the theme. It seems a touch soft and flat though. Also, I think if you cropped a little off the top (losing the "FUND THEM"), it would bring the faces towards ore of a solid focal point.

#7 - Llywellyn - The Love Letter
    Very nice and the expression is wonderful. I think you could crop some off the right though to draw the viewer in closer to her face.

#8 - Halite - From Composer's Pen to Listener's Ear
    I love the clarity in this shot and again, a fantastic expression. This one just missed my top ten and I think that's because I found the shadow crossing under his chin to be really distracting. Other than that, it's fantastic.

#10 - dadwtwins - The Sun Deity
    Really nice silhouette, and I especially like the line of clouds on the horizon. This one just isn't speaking the theme very loudly for me.

#11 - fashiznitsngrins - Tue
    Great feel to this one. The light is perfect and the conversion is spot on. It is so quiet, that it makes me think it's empty, unused. Does that make sense? There is a sorrow and sense of nostalgia that is portrayed here, perhaps reflecting on a communication form that is in severe decline.

#12 - Giphsub - Battle Cry
    Great pose and that bird is definitely communicating! A shallower depth of field would certainly have separated it from the background better.

#13 - cmorganphotography - "Together in the womb, side by side, I lived, and you..."
    This image is well shot and brings a sadness with it's message. I'm not sure if you're title has truth to it or is contrived, and so I'm a little conflicted there.

#14 - quark - Texting, wdymbt
    I think the idea here is great and I love her expression. Unfortunately I can't really see the phone, so without the title, it's hard to decipher exactly what she's playing with.

#15 - douglas - "Can You Hear Me Now?"
    This one made me laugh. The guy looks somewhat distorted which I'm sure is due to the fisheye, but he seems kinda squished to me. Kevin Costner look-alike?

#16 - dlplumer - Reaching Out
    I really loved the message here ane the girl's expression, but with the main focal point being the giraffe's tuckus, it kind of lost something for me. Cropping halifway between it's left thigh and removing soe of the dead space from the left too, would have eliminated its eliminator. :)

#17 - samsplace - Earth's Age
    This is a nice take on the theme. I'm confused on why it's so soft though. Surely sharpness would add texture and definition to the layered rock, pulling the theme in stronger?

#19 - ic4u - "Now I lay me down to sleep..."
    Very sweet! The focus seems a little off, too much on her shoulder and not enough on her hands/eye. Also, your light looks like maybe an on camera flash? A different source would lend itself better, perhaps a lamp to camera right, would feel a bit more authentic.

#22 - BillyTom - A call from your childhood!
    I think this could have been an example of "less is more". Setting the cans on the grass in front of the person on the slide would have done enough for me, especially with the great title. It was almost as though you were afraid people wouldn't get the message without all of the other elements in there.

#23 - JAlexander - Teachers - The Great Communicators
    I think the message you were going for here was great and I like the light a lot, but a couple of technical details made it fall just a tad short. Firstly, the focus is more on the wrist and not on the fingers. And second, the discrepancy in the teacher's finger nails make them seem almost two different peoples hands. Little details do make a difference.

#24 - agilepawz - Sunday Mornings - Old School or High Tech
    I think you were on a good line with this, but there's not much of a story here. Perhaps a younger guy sitting at the breakfast table with his grandpa, each reading the news in their own way?

More to come, but it'll likely be over the next couple of days.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    #74-slpollett- I said can you hear me now?~ this is a cute capture. Too bad the one cat is out of the dof.

Thanks JAG for the feedback. I agree!

My original photo does show the entire kitten, but...the background (to me) was awful and distracting (the kitties decided to be cute in front of my closet door next to the 70's wallpaper, lol ne_nau.gif ). I would have liked to have kept the whole kitty in the shot, but I really thought the photo looked much better cropped. The crop also put more emphasis on the kitties' faces which I thought was more important than seeing the cat's whole body. If I can ever get them to just pose for me the way I want them to, my problem will be solved!

Anyway, I just entered for the fun of it and hopefully to give the viewer a chuckle. I knew (quality-wise) my quick little snapshot of a cute (unplanned) moment in the bedroom with the kitties would never stack up against a true professional's staged shot with studio lighting and backgrounds.

I still learn something from looking at the other entries and reading the feedback on them so I really enjoy these challenges even though I've never entered before.

Thanks again,
    Sherry
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    #19- ic4u- Now I lay me down to sleep~ This one had made one of my lists but lost out do to technical legistics. The dof needed to be deeper and the teddy is a little too distracting. But great thought and really cute little girl!

Thank you JAG for your words of wisdom. After seeing my photo next to others, I knew my technical aspects would be an issue. Perhaps if I had a model older than 2 1/2, I would have had more time and opportunity to play with my settings! I am proud that I was even considered in one of your lists!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    Michael AtkinsMichael Atkins Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    #81- Michael Atkins- Get away from me~ This was the third entry that had tied on my final cut list
    for 10th place. I really do understand the danger you were in when you took this picture. And I
    know the hiking you most likely did. I really like this photo and it was well executed with the
    exception of that making this photo as a black and white took too much away from it. I know that
    is what this particular theme was...but I would Love to see this image in color! Being from AK
    myself I know that the colors are great. I wonder if cropping the upper right out and cut down the
    background would have improved this b/w version?

Thank you very much Jag for your critique of my photo and everyone else's. I can only imagine how much time that must take. Just one note I have to confess, unlike some of my other bear cub photos I have done in the past this one put me in no danger at all. I was in Denali National Park on one of the bus tours when these fellas and their mother showed up really close to the road. It does look much better in color as the leaves have started to change and there is alot of color to the picture. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures this weekend as well. I won the road lottery this year & I am heading back on Saturday so wish me luck.
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    #19 - ic4u - "Now I lay me down to sleep..."
    Very sweet! The focus seems a little off, too much on her shoulder and not enough on her hands/eye. Also, your light looks like maybe an on camera flash? A different source would lend itself better, perhaps a lamp to camera right, would feel a bit more authentic.

Thanks so much for your critique and the time you put into this, it couldn't have been easy!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 9, 2008
    Thank you very much Jag for your critique of my photo and everyone else's. I can only imagine how much time that must take. Just one note I have to confess, unlike some of my other bear cub photos I have done in the past this one put me in no danger at all. I was in Denali National Park on one of the bus tours when these fellas and their mother showed up really close to the road. It does look much better in color as the leaves have started to change and there is alot of color to the picture. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures this weekend as well. I won the road lottery this year & I am heading back on Saturday so wish me luck.

Luck is not all you need with the weather we have been having!rolleyes1.gif Stay safe.
  • Options
    GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008

#12 - Giphsub - Battle Cry
    Great pose and that bird is definitely communicating! A shallower depth of field would certainly have separated it from the background better.

Thanks Emily. Perhaps I could have done a selective blur on the back ground to lose it a bit. The lense I was shooting with isn't incredibly sharp at lower apertures, which is why I shot it at that aperture. Thanks again for taking the time to comment on all the entries thumb.gif
  • Options
    cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2008
    Just in case
    I sent you a message, Greensquared, about the title. Though the headstone is not a personal family member, I have had my share of birth defect, stillborn, and miscarriage experiences. Using his headstone would be too personal for me and the treatment of the little girl's headstone was just sweet and loving. I wanted to convey a message and I was worried about it looking fake or exploitational. Thank you for the critiques on my picture and I hope you all understand it was not my intention to misrepresent. Take care everyone.
  • Options
    samsplacesamsplace Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    #17 - samsplace - Earth's Age
    This is a nice take on the theme. I'm confused on why it's so soft though. Surely sharpness would add texture and definition to the layered rock, pulling the theme in stronger?

Hi
    Thank you for the review, the softness was created to add visual questions to the title. Just to soft.

Great Job !!!

Gil
    Take Nothing But Memories:rofl
    Kill Nothing But Time :clap
    Leave Nothing But Footprints :thumb

http://www.samsplacephotos.com
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    Exceptional images!
    Let me say thanks to all who considered horse whisperer in their top 10...

With that... these are my favorites.

370019754_UX6m5-XL.jpg

All of my picks have a very strong representation or example of the theme "communication"

The braille shot is by far the best image! composition, detail and simplicity, well done

message in a bottle my #2 like it most because of the story possibilities it represents, execution and composition are good as well...

the secrets, what can I say... :D Pemmett has grown into a stellar photographer, from all the LPS work he did...

the overload is a great shot! well thought out and executed, it is very well balanced...

tower to tower, very nice in all respects.

The kid playing with the PS2... rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif anyone with kids can certainly relate...

The 2 dogs are great! the composition not so great... cropping this differently would have done wonders for it...

Winston
  • Options
    JzazziJzazzi Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    JAG wrote:
    #62-Jzazzi- Lack of~ Interesting and bold move for lack of communication. But the theme was communication!
    Thanks for taking the time to write these all down. At first, I'm not sure what to make of this. I thought it would be fitting, maybe I interpreted the theme differently than others. Every one of these contests I learn something new! And the best part is, it doesn't matter if my entry wasn't chosen, this is fun enough as-is to keep me entertained.

My first idea was two kids with string/cups playing telephone. One would be shouting while the other listens, and the title would be something like,
    "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!"

Cheers! And congratulations to everyone who entered, you all keep pushing me to be a better shooter.
    -J
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    feedback
    Jag Critiques 2 Thru 86

#58-jwear- avian rhythmic fishing~ I dont see the communication connection.

The great egret is fishing --this is a bit rare [the action] it is clipping it's bill in the water [the rhythmic ripples] this sends a come on over message to the fish eek7.gif but the biggest communication in my post was I added EXIF that should have made the top 10 :D

thanks for the time you gave thumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    #4 - idiom - Postal
    I like what you were going for here, but unfortunately there's not enough detail in your blacks to determine (without the title) what this is exactly. I would have first guessed a birdhouse. A closer, vertical crop may also have given this image more impact.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will play with the image a bit and see what I can come up with.
  • Options
    #25 - jeffreaux2 - "Dear John"
    This one had really good initial impact for me, but then I started to nitpick. I first found it funny that it was titled Dear John, but the letter was to Brad. Yes, I know that's the phrase, etc., but still, it tickled me. Then the envelope appeared contrived to me as it was facing the camera, instead of facing the door where he would see it when he walked in. I finally realized that maybe she was pulling a suitcase, but it was too dark to really see. So, great idea, just a few little details that knocked it out for me.

#27 - VelvtRide - In Black and White
    This had cool treatment, but it really feels like you were trying to play this one safe. Yes, it says the theme, but in a
    most obvious way that there leaves no room for a story of any kind.

#28 - Roaddog 52 - Street Beat
    I really liked this and it easily made my first pass, but in the end, the guys stance just didn't do it for me. Just the
    way he's standing there clutching, well, whatever that is, is a little weak. Now maybe this was completely unposed, but
    still, I think someone striding past all of the posters would have struck me stronger.

#29 - photobrando - Receive Transmission
    This was another one that easily made the first and second cut and I love the PJ look. In the end there were just other
    images that engaged me more.

#30 - The Curious Camel - Precious...
    Yes, this is totally precious and one you should print up for sure! I think with this though, the treatment ended up making
    the hair more the focal point than the kiss. A tighter, vertical crop may have helped with that.

#31 - avman - Forbidden Drive
    The subject matter here isn't bad at all, but your signs are out of focus and the whole image looks a little flat. Playing
    with the curves will definitely help with the contrast.

#32 - scas - Frequency
    This appears to be a negative of the original maybe? I think it's pretty cool, but feels a little unbalanced to me. I would have preferred to see it the maximum size allowed also to be able to study the detail more.

#33 - KevXman - Tower to Tower
    I really did like this one a lot. The only part I didn't care for was the blown out areas of the stand and how that kept drawing my eye away from the signaler. I'm not quite sure what would have remedied this, but I just had a hard time getting past it being such a large area of the frame.

#34 - Tentacion - Silent Prayer
    Love the interpretation of the theme. I think you could have cropped quite a bit closer on the couple though to make the message more intimate.

#36 - Arvan - love the digital way
    Neat take and good message, just not quite enough story in there for me. Some ideas to take it further come to mind...have a woman sitting across from him. That would really make you wonder, eh?

#38 - WomanWithACamera - Are YOU! Looking At ME!?
    This had a crazed pirate or shipwrecked kind of feel to it. You really did extremely well taking the original (which did nothing for me) and turn it into something that really conveyed a message with just a look. In the end there were just other entries that hit the theme more strongly for me, but still, very well done.

#39 - mtmillz - I Want the World to Know
    I thought the idea here was good. I like the silhouette and it has a good feel to it. I just couldn't get past that he was yelling through (what looked like) a rolled up piece of paper. He could have held both hands up to his mouth and it would have had more impact for me. Or even scout for somewhere to borrow a mega-phone from.

#40 - jeffmeyers - Eye on the Sky - Waiting for the Sign
    I have no idea where there is a giant eyeball sitting amongst trees, but I did find this fascinating that it was one shot. Well done, but Very creepy.

#41 - HoofClix - Jump.. Meeeee.....
    Aw, you know it's a stretch on the theme, but I do like the pano crop here. The converging line of the fence is a tad bothersome though. Maybe a different angle...like the horse's approaching view?

#43 - pyroPrints.com - Is There Anybody Out There?
    I really liked this and it just missed my top ten. I think that a human element was what was really needed for this particular theme, so even having a guy standing up on the ladder behind would have helped. You did use your negative space exceptionally well though.
    Emily

• Options
    #44 - richtersl - The Stare That Moves Ewe
    Great pose and perfect title. I think I'd prefer to see more dof and stopped motion. These dogs are just incredible to watch, aren't they?

#45 - mycaptures - Read My Eyes
    Beautiful portrait, really well done. Just didn't speak of communication to me as loudly as some of the others.

#46 - picturegirl - "When words just aren't necessary"
    I think this is a lovely portrait - one any mom would love to have, and certainly understands. In the end, the baby looks a bit uncomfortable though, and the title doesn't work because it looks like mommy is talking.

#47 - shatch - Incoming
    This was one of the very last images I cut. Really well done and totally made me laugh!

#48 - tamplum - Soldiers Letters to New Bride-1969
    What awesome treasures! The light here was a little bland to me. I think you could have added to the aged, romantic feel by maybe setting them on a dresser in front of a window and letting the natural light bathe them in a soft, timeless glow.

#49 - Cuong - It's a Deal
    Almost there, but I feel like it needs more context. A board room, market place or something similar as a setting. Technically good, although the focus lands solidly on the man's shirt while falling short on the woman's bracelet.

#50 - sherstone - keep it sharp
    Very well executed, love the title and the great use of dof. In the end it was still down to this particular theme drawing you further in whenever there was a human element involved.

#51 - The Hobbyist - When diplomacy fails ...
    Definitely shows communication! I think you could have cropped out a bit of the oof rhino tooshie and really drawn the eye in closer to the action.

#52 - Nikolai - Over and out
    You know, after several views of this image, I just noticed that the letter is off (or appears to be) the floor. And is the light shape supposed to be a hand waving goodbye? Clever, just didn't hold as much punch as some of the others.

#53 - eoren1 - Playing to the crowd
    I had a horrible time cutting this one! I really, really like it. So many great expressions, really nice comp, love how the sun is hitting that guy's face. It just said "performing" to me more than"communicating", and I know performing is a form of communication, but it just wasn't as strong for me as the ones I picked. But oh, did I say I loved it anyway?

#54 - Swintonian - "Cry for Help"
    Nice concept and technically good. The convergence of the horizontal beam with the top of the knot was a tad bothersome. Also, I'd consider removing what appear to be aluminum paneling lines in the background.

#55 - tsk1979 - Thor says "Hi There"
    Awesome shot, shame it wasn't in black and white.

#56 - Blaze Z Blaze - Patched In
    Another neat shot that implies communication, is visually interesting, but without the suggestion of human interaction, it has no real story.

#57 - Shudderz - Straight From The Heart
    Another lovely portrait and very touching. It seems to me that such soft subjects do better in a softer light. The harshness here has apparently blown out facial areas as well as lost blacks.
    Emily

• Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    Emily Greensquared #30 - The Curious Camel - Precious...
    Yes, this is totally precious and one you should print up for sure! I think with this though, the treatment ended up making
    the hair more the focal point than the kiss. A tighter, vertical crop may have helped with that.

First of all thank you for your critque.

I do understand that a tighter crop might have been better but I am confused as to how the hair was the focal point? Could you elaborate? I wouldn't normally ask but I just want to understand and apologize if I'm being ignorant.

Peace, gail
  • Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    JAG, Greensquared: Thank you both for the feedback. Helps me grow. thumb.gif
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    #41 - HoofClix - Jump.. Meeeee.....
    Aw, you know it's a stretch on the theme, but I do like the pano crop here. The converging line of the fence is a tad bothersome though. Maybe a different angle...like the horse's approaching view?

Thanks for the time spent on all of this, Emily!

Actually, the brainfade thread that I started in this forum is proof that I had totally missed what the theme was until almost the last day of the round. When I realized that it wasn't only about b&w, I took a look at my entry and just decided to leave it...

Humbled by so much good work in this round!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    First of all thank you for your critque.

I do understand that a tighter crop might have been better but I am confused as to how the hair was the focal point? Could you elaborate? I wouldn't normally ask but I just want to understand and apologize if I'm being ignorant.

Peace, gail

Hi Gail. I've tried to figure that out myself and I think it's because I'm searching for detail, and the hair is the only real place I find it. Could very well just be me. ne_nau.gif
    Emily

• Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    Thanks Emily and Joyce!
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    Hi Gail. I've tried to figure that out myself and I think it's because I'm searching for detail, and the hair is the only real place I find it. Could very well just be me.

Thanks Emily, that helps loads.

Peace, gail
  • Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    the secrets, what can I say... :D Pemmett has grown into a stellar photographer, from all the LPS work he did...
    Winston,

Thank you so much for your kind words - you have no idea what they mean to me - you should see my smile at the moment :D Hope it goes away before I have to go out, otherwise I may be arrested rolleyes1.gif Have a great weekend shooting round 8 mwink.gif

Cheers/Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • Options
    Okay guys, I've got a busy day tomorrow, but I promise to try and finish up my feedback as soon as I can!
    Emily

• Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    #40 - jeffmeyers - Eye on the Sky - Waiting for the Sign
    I have no idea where there is a giant eyeball sitting amongst trees, but I did find this fascinating that it was one shot. Well done, but Very creepy.

The 7-foot eyeball is in a park near my home. Someone, I think it was JAG, said she saw it somewhere before. Well, probably in my gallery. Here's the eyeball in context.

265447494_2NDuy-M.jpg
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers