Options

What's your story?

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2004
    That's a cool action shot, Lynn. The snowmachine dude (hubby?) looks great. Trees are a wee bit dark... have you played with them in Photoshop to see if lightening them makes a difference? Maybe a little cropping too?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    That's a cool action shot, Lynn. The snowmachine dude (hubby?) looks great. Trees are a wee bit dark... have you played with them in Photoshop to see if lightening them makes a difference? Maybe a little cropping too?
    You improved that Sid.. what did you do in ps... I did mess with it a bit but it looks much better now. Did you just "lighten" it? or use levels, curves?? what what??
    Enquiring minds want to know.
    p.s. this one was the same day, critique please Sid.

Lynn :)
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I messed with the original again to see if I could improve it... Too much????
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2004
    Hi Lynn.... careful about asking me for critiques... could be the blind leading the blind! I'm full of opinions, they're just not necessarily right!

To lighten the trees I clicked on my paintbrush. At the top of the screen I hit the dropdown menu and changed the setting from "Normal" to "Overlay" and lowered the opacity to around 30% (this softens anything I'm doing.) I make sure the paint palette at the bottom of the toolbar has white as the foreground color.

Then I wipe the brush carefully over the dark areas. This has the effect of burning in the image, or lightening it. Even at 30% opacity, it's easy to go too far. If I make a mistake, I go to the History menu and click backwards a step or two.

I suppose I could do the same thing with the Burn tool. :D

I think your new crop is pretty good, you have him in the right part of the screen. Maybe he wants a bit more space around him to breathe... I guess that's a matter of taste. The big unresolved problem is the burned-in white to the right of the snowmachine. Nothing can be done about that, I'm afraid. Any attempts to darken it will make it an ugly gray. I'm learning (thanks Patch! wave.gif) that digital cameras are very sensitive to excess light and will easily overexpose highlights.

The shot of the couple is cute. You captured a nice moment. Maybe some more headroom.... and again, some overexposed highlights to the left. But you're shooting in very bright conditions, with the snow and the sun. Hard to balance the light and the shadows. If you think of it, protect against overexposure, you can usually bring out the details from the shadows in Photoshop.

OK, I've gone way beyond my level of experience! I love how you work at it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    This has the effect of burning in the image, or lightening it.
    psst...waxy. burning means darkening. dodging lightens the image. (think darkroom).
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2004
    cute
    fish wrote:
    psst...waxy. burning means darkening. dodging lightens the image. (think darkroom).
    you guys are all so cute... thanks to both for input... You all just reinforce what I should have listened to in the first place.. my own instinct.

Great forum.

Lynn
    p.s. if this is a bit slushy... it's cos I just came home from huge quantities of Chinese food and wine.. I'm swimming in MSG.

hic
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2004
    Sid.. I fixed it
    [The big unresolved problem is the burned-in white to the right of the snowmachine. Nothing can be done about that, I'm afraid. Any attempts to darken it will make it an ugly gray. I'm learning (thanks Patch! wave.gif) that digital cameras are very sensitive to excess light and will easily overexpose highlights.]

Sid! I fixed the burned in white to the right.... ha ha
  • Options
    edited February 6, 2004
    fish wrote:
    Thanks. That's why I always post my ignoramus rating at the top of my posts. mwink.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2004
    Hhmm.. alright. DWF, with one HELLUVA a significant other. (Humun, his boy's joined the Navy, and will be training as a diver, too. Already has significant dive time.) When the cabin in Tahoe's built, I'll be moving up there with him. Just turned 40 2/20.. mother of two teen boys, 17 and soon-to-be 15. Click on my profile and you'll see one of my favorite 'fake-outs', good laughs. Plus, out here, you can catch all KINDS of people doing it for real.

I still haven't exactly decided what I want to do when I grow up, was a stay-at-home mom for a while there. Did work aquatic import/export for some while there, and currently working with a couple of different websites advising/learning more an subjects aquatic. My nick is the Greek/Latin meaning of my first name (also, where one parks a boat). Went back to working part-time a couple of years ago, and after almost a year got a pretty good thump that crunched my back - fortunately it's not so serious as to have permanently immobilized me (thank God for the needlestickers!).

So, I need to learn something other than that which requires substantial use of my back. ne_nau.gif Considering several options, all that have to do with (hopefully) working from home/online. In the meantime I helped with editing/proofing of a very good book on reefing, The Natural Marine Aquarium-Reef Invertebrates, by Anthony Calfo and Bob Fenner. Also learning many things Linux, built my own computer last June (only three years ago I practically a Luddite when it came to puters). A monster has since been created.. so, I thought that I'd post one of my first shots with my nifty, entirely frivolous purchase.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2004
    nice shot Seamaiden welcome. Seen this thread a few times but never got around to posting in it. Dont much like talking about my self.

I am a 39.8 year old married man with 3 teenage boys (13, 15, 18). My wife is a beautiful intelligent funny lady who still married me, go figure.

I am a construction electrician by trade. Commercial and industrial.

I bought my first camera about 2 years ago on e-bay as a bit of a lark ( it was a lot of stuff and it was cheap). It was an old Pentax Me super 35mm camera with 6 lenses and other stuff to boot. I was not even sure I was really interested, but as soon as I got it the bug bit hard.

I bought my first Nikon 4 months later and my second soon after. Recently I added a d100 to the arsonal which I LOVE.

I joined a camera club soon after gettig the first camera and it was my main source of learning. I fell in love with the club early and became the Vice President durring my first year. I am running for president now (unopposed) and think I have a good chance at getting the job.

I love taking photos and talking about them, and sharing them, and trying to help other people become as fanatic about it as i am.
  • Options
    special kidspecial kid Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2004
    I'm 23 and in San Diego for now. Raised in plymouth Ma then moved to VA when i was 18. Then to San Diego when i was 20. Always loved cameras ever since i got my hand me down slr from my father when i was 14. Played with some of the first digitals for a while. Mainly like to do sports (Biking, Skateboarding, Surfing) but i also enjoy walking around the park or the city and taking pictures. Just got my first digital SLR last week. I had some issues with my Rebel 35mm that i was shotting(It just didn't have the fps). So i played some poker for a while and used my tax return and bought a Nikon D2H(I love it). I took over 1000 pics since last thurs. Ohh yeah i am really good with numbers but not that good with the gramar. I will have my site up buy the end of the week with some of the pics i just took. I'm in the Navy and getting ready to go on deployment so i look forward to posting some pics from around the world. Also i'm on a carrier so i get some nice Jet shots.. Look Forward to talking and learning from all of you..
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2004
    Specialkid, we're gonna enjoy having you around! nod.gif Look forward to yer shots. Bigtime.

Seamaiden, that's a terrific shot. I'm getting the feeling that you're a very talented person.

Some nice folks are elbowing their way in. Cool.
    Sid.
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2004
    I Hate talking about myself but here goes, My name is Mike. I'm 32 and Currently live in NE Tennessee, but have famiy in SW FL, thats where the Florida photos come from. I've spent most of my working life as a lineman/splicer who was also afraid of heights when started. The first pole was an interesting one! Currently, I've decided to stay at home a little more and attend some schooling, so I've been working nights at a local factory and going to school days for computer applied science. Photography is fairly new to me. I've always liked to take pictures during hikes(my other hobby is hiking by the way) but just recently started getting serious about photography.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2004
    This sure makes for interesting reading! Well here goes, I am 54 and live in Portland, Or. I have been doing photography since I was in my early teens. Yearbook, hs and college photo ed etc. Had to leave school for a stint in the army and was a photg for Criminal Investigation. A great time that has kept food on the table. Too long of a story, but I have been designing, building and developing real estate for 26 years. If you want to take a look: Shelburne Homes

I am passionate about many things, family, mc riding, fishing, traveling etc. There are not enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do, but I keep trying. Surrounded by great friends and employees, we really try to have fun! Dgrin is a great site Baldy, keeps me pushing and exploring. Thanks
    clap.gif

Deacon
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Specialkid, we're gonna enjoy having you around! nod.gif Look forward to yer shots. Bigtime.

Indeed! What carrier? I was married to a Navy guy, Dad was Navy (flight sturgeon, flew a Skyhawk.. GAWD I loved playing with his flight helmet when I was a kid), and dated another Navy guy for 8 years (they both served on the same carrier, the Ranger). My boyfriend's son is joined, and intends to train as a diver (he's already scuba certified). I used to live in San Diego for some years, too. There is nothing like the bay on a weeknight, you have it practically all to yourself - I have my particular favorite fishin' spots around there, too.. ;) You going on a full WesPac tour? And.. heh.. still a pollywog? Hope you enjoy crossing the equator, be SURE to use your camera as much as possible for that. smilegrin.gif

wxwax wrote:
    Seamaiden, that's a terrific shot. I'm getting the feeling that you're a very talented person.

Some nice folks are elbowing their way in. Cool.

Thank you wax. But it's not my doing, it's nature. Ya kinda can't go wrong with that, now can you? I've linked your site to some friends of mine on our ttth site, they're the ones who have been helping me thus far, and one in particular helped me figure out search words for Google, which is how I found you folks here. We even have one guy who's legally blind who takes, in my opinion at least, some pretty outrageous shots. He's resistant to change, though, so it'll take a couple of weeks with a crowbar and a stick to beat him with to get him to visit.

I feel the need to comment here on a couple of things, and I've mentioned once before my impulse control issues.. so here goes.

- First, this site loads up HELLAFAST! Puts me in the diggable mode. Ours is phpnuke, this place is (?) wysiwig? In any event, I really like the interface and load time.
    - Second, I have found through my search that there is truly a dearth of well-set up sites dedicated to digital photography. And not only that, most seem to be geared towards professionals. Very intimidating for someone like myself, who is only just getting straight the dif's between aperture-f/stop, ISO, and shutter speed, but still can't get 'em quite right for the indoor family shots. I'll reduce some piccies later today that I took Sunday evening in hopes of suggestions.

Last, but hardly least, I am having a great time getting the feel of this place, and I love reading people's "stories". thumb.gif
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    TJAmyTJAmy Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2004
    A small Introduction
    Hello, to everyone! My name is Tammy Jo. My closest friends call me TJ (TEEJ)! I am 32, married, with one 6 year old boy. I live in Michigan, burr. My story is not very exciting. Picked up my first camera in the 7th grade. Put it back down and picked up a Volleyball. Played volleyball for local college for a year and started playing in tournaments all over Michigan. Made some really great friends and for about two whole years I worked during the day, played volleyball in the evenings and went to the bar after that dancing the night away. Then I met my husband, got married, got pregnant, and picked up the camera again. We just bought our first digital last week and I found this web site three days ago. I did the weekend assignment of "Triangles" but found that I am having problems getting my pictures uploaded. But I think I can figure it out given a little more time.

I love this sight. I don't play any volleyball anymore. I had to grow up! But since I have become a member of this web sight, I have felt excited about something again. I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures. I just hope I can hang with you all!

I love taking pictures of kids. I love it when they don't know you are there. I did take some College course in photography and I learned a lot. But for me...I can take 3 rolls of film and only get one shot that worth showing anyone. I can't wait to get some of my pictures on here so I can get some feedback from all of the colorful people.

Well, I could go on and on...but I am at work and the boss is on the way!:puke1
    THanks for letting my talk.
  • Options
    special kidspecial kid Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited March 19, 2004
    Seamaiden wrote:
    Indeed! What carrier? I was married to a Navy guy, Dad was Navy (flight sturgeon, flew a Skyhawk.. GAWD I loved playing with his flight helmet when I was a kid), and dated another Navy guy for 8 years (they both served on the same carrier, the Ranger). My boyfriend's son is joined, and intends to train as a diver (he's already scuba certified). I used to live in San Diego for some years, too. There is nothing like the bay on a weeknight, you have it practically all to yourself - I have my particular favorite fishin' spots around there, too.. ;) You going on a full WesPac tour? And.. heh.. still a pollywog? Hope you enjoy crossing the equator, be SURE to use your camera as much as possible for that. smilegrin.gif
    i
    i work on the Uss John C. Stennis, been there for almost 4 years.I work with communications gear all over the ship. I joined under the SEAL program but then changed my mind. I've been to Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Middle east, Austriala and Tazmaniz. ohh yeah i'm already a golden shell back. I crossed the equator at the international date line. Iv'e been across the equator 3 or 4 times now..
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2004
    i
    i work on the Uss John C. Stennis, been there for almost 4 years.I work with communications gear all over the ship. I joined under the SEAL program but then changed my mind. I've been to Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Middle east, Austriala and Tazmaniz. ohh yeah i'm already a golden shell back. I crossed the equator at the international date line. Iv'e been across the equator 3 or 4 times now..

Wow! Then you've got to scan and post your certificate. I love those things. mwink.gif
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    gottagotta Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2004
    My name is Eric, and Seamaiden suggested I come in and look around. I liked the site immediately. I have been taking pictures for 30 years, most of them with a 35mm SLR. I've had my digital for less than two years, but I've taken a few thousand pictures. Because I live in the foothills of the Eastern Cascades in Washington State, there is much beauty to photograph. Most of my pictures are of the surrounding countryside. I live on a snow melt fed lake 55 miles long and on the average a mile wide. The upper reaches of the lake reach the center of the Cascade Mts. We have spectacular sunsets all spring and summer, many which I've posted. I also like close up work on my fish tanks and flowers. Last summer I got into astrophotography, and I've just scratched the surface. I have gotten some pretty decent pictures of the moon, some which I've posted. I enjoy looking at others' pictures, and seeing other places. I think this site is great and I find myself spending time here every day.

Regards, Eric
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2004
    new here
    I just joined today.

How old are you?
    I'm 39
    Where do you live?
    Louisville, KY
    Family?
    currently single but am seeing a wonderful woman
    How long have you been shooting? Film? Digital?
    I have a Canon PowerShot S30 for about 2 years. Just bought the Nikon D70. So about 2 years with digital. Film...eh...just snapshots.
    What other hobbies do you have?
    I'm a mac user...enough said
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2004
    Cool camera, John, and welcome aboard. thumb.gif
    Sid.
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2004
    How old are you? 28.

Where do you live? North Miami Beach, FL

How long have you been shooting? About 2 years in digital. Started with an Olympus D460 and now I'm using a Canon A70.
    What's your favorite subject? Spy shots. Taking pictures of people when they least expect it.
    What do you do for money? Freelance Artist and Network Engineer.
    What other hobbies do you have? Art, Airbrushing, Photoshop and Illustrator.

And on a separate note, just wanted to send a huge thank-you to smugmug for their amazing site.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    edited April 5, 2004
    nod.gif Smugmug rocks.
    Sid.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2004
    Well, I'm 40, live near Reading, UK (about 40 miles SW of London). Married with 4 Children and 1 grandson.
    I've been interested in Photography on and off since about 84 when I bought a Nikon FG20 (which I still have). I joined the digital age with a Casio QV4000 about 18 months ago, this really renewed my interest and goes down as one of my best purchases.
    I tend to use my Camera like a diary, taking quantity rather than quality. I'm trying to change all that (by improving hopefully!) and have found the advice, the pictures, the assignments and the encouragement in DG fantastic.
    Looking at my photos I guess my favourite pictures are candid shots but I really enjoy nature and action shots.
    Other main interests include cars, the Dax (see below) occupies a lot of my time, and food (cooking and eating!).

522382-S-2.jpg

Cheers

Jon
  • Options
    nikon90nikon90 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    Well, I guess I must be the newbie here, just joined last night. My name is Terri and I'm 32 years old. I am married to a wonderful man for going on 3 years, (been together going on 8). We live in Indianapolis, IN. I started with photography when I was 16. I took what I thought would be an easy class to pass and instead had a teacher that really got me going. I finally convinced my parents to buy me a Pentax K-1000 and its been my love ever since. I took one year in college but they had me doing to many other things to really keep my interest in school (I hate math and numbers!!). I quit joined the real world and started shooting my favorite pasttime... musicians! I worked in several one hour labs and even a custom lab during this time. I learned more by trial and error than anything but I did pick the brains of those around me who knew what they were doing. I love doing live concerts but have very little access to them anymore the way I used to. I have several promo shots and even two cd covers to my credit.
    My hubby, who is an over the road truck driver, took me out to see the country. I really didn't know much about landscapes seeing as how I only focused on shooting concerts so that was a good learning experience for me. I put the camera down for a few years because we thought my Pentax had died and we couldn't get it fixed or buy a new one :cry . So I went probably 3 or 4 years without shooting except with a cheap point and shoot I hated. Then Xmas 3 years ago my honey hands me this box he was so proud of and when I opened it, there was my dream camera... Nkion N90s. I was so happy I cried!!! I became a truck driver myself 5 years ago and I take my camera everywhere with me. We team drive mostly Mid-west to California, Oregon or Washington. I don't use my camera all the time but I go in spurts really. I'm trying to get more serious about it so that everything doesn't look like vacation snapshots. I also like to shoot NASCAR races when we go. Its fun trying to catch cars moving that fast.
    I recently bought a Nikon N6006 that I truely love. I'm really still learning this digital stuff and not really sure on it yet. I have a Kodak 4800 that still has my honeymoon pics on from '01, ( i just recently figured out how to get them off there). I have a cheesy Gateway point and shoot digital that I love to use while I drive, ( its so small and easy to manuver with one hand). I also have an Olympus 170 that is great for sneaking into concerts. I have a small gallery on smugmug and I'm getting ready to expand it. I love what I can do on there.
    As for any other hobbies, I really don't have any. I enjoy music (of course) and my hubby plays bass so that entertains me. I like to read alot and play on my computer. I'm really into learning this computer/digital thing, (then maybe I'll like it more). We're only home 5-7 days a month so my learning time is limited but I'm still at it. Well, that's all for me. I've enjoyed my time here so far can't wait for more. Nice meeting everyone.:D
    Terri

"I feed off the light, that I walk in"- Still Rain

http://SoRealismPhotography.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Other main interests include cars, the Dax (see below) occupies a lot of my time, and food (cooking and eating!).

522382-S-2.jpg

Cheers

Jon

Nice car, Jon. How's it drive?

And what's for dinner?
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2004
    nikon90 wrote:
    Well, that's all for me. I've enjoyed my time here so far can't wait for more. Nice meeting everyone.:D

Great first post, Nikon! thumb.gif I think we'd love to see your pictures from the road. Digital's costly upfront, but can pay for itself in saved film costs over time (unless you get bitten by the bug and keep upgrading your equipment!)

Good to have you here!
    Sid.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice car, Jon. How's it drive?
    And what's for dinner?
    It's pretty "raw", a cross between fear and fun (i'm talking car)! The acceleration is awsome with lots of grip from the 4wd. Fantastic!!

Shanks of Lamb
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2004
    Sounds like fun... and please invite me over!
    Sid.
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2004
    2 for the price of 1!
    First I'll give you my handle's story, then I'll give you mine.

My handle is actually a bastardization. In 1990 there was a comicbook mini-series that revamped a nearly forgettable Omega Men character from DC Comics. Lobo. His original hair looked like someone dropped a diamond block on his head, and his costume was a really loud orange and maroon/red suit. He was suppose to be one of the best hitmen in the universe, but the Omega Men pretty much slapped him around like he was Raggedy Andy.
    I don't know WHY someone decided to revamp such a forgettable character, but I haven't regretted it since. The new Lobo is more like a permanently pissed off Randy "The Macho Man" Savage in biker duds. He destroyed his entire planet to keep others of his species from using their abilities to become the ultimate intergalactic Bounty Hunter/Hitman/Assasin. Thats why he is the Main Man! Immortal because neither heaven or hell wants him, he kills casually, cooly, and with great humor. He calls killing Fraggin', and uses FRAG! as a curse. Every once in a while..he when he wants to refer to himself as a killing machine, he calls himself a fragger. His series and mini-series are usually tongue in cheek, because, well, in a serious comic, he could kill abou 90% of the DC super heros and villains without breaking a sweat. He's stomped on Superman a few times already.

My Info:

I have been into BBS'ing (Calling local Bulletin Board Systems) since 1990. I started with a 1200 baud modem, and promptly got addicted enough to BBS's that I used it to flush my first year of Drexel down the tubes.

At the time, it was fashion to pick a BBS name that sounded Rad, Gnarly, and made you sound like a general bad @ss. I wanted to pick Lobo, but even back then, most sites wanted 6 leggers for a login. So I decided to go with Fragger. I was Fragger free and clear until about 1997. Quake and Doom had started to make their mark, and nexthing you know, every new site wanted to add a number to Fragger. I took Fragger69 when I could. Yes, I know, I'm a bit of a perv..sue me!

That worked ok for about a year. Then I couldn't get anything below Fragger9403022943. So I thought...Like Lobo, I needed to distinguish myself. How? Well, Lobo is The Main Main? I'll be the MainFragger.

OK..enough about the handle, more about me.

I've lived in 3 states in my life. PA, NJ, and FLA. But FLA was for about a year when I was 4-5. PA has been most of my life. NJ was during the summers in my early formative years. Having a job kind of put a kabosh on me going down the shore for the summer.

I have traveled from PA to Cali, GA, Canada, New York, Aruba, and Israel.

I love movies. Movies in the Theater, movies on DVD. I'll watch anything from G to XXX, from Mainstream to Sub b-grade. If its a movie, sooner or later, I'll see it. I have over 400 DVD's, not including video clips from my computer and image albums from my camera.

I do tech support and new hire training for one of the largest manufacturers of electronics in the world. I won't drop their name here because it can actually come back to bite me if I do. Sorry.

It is through trying to improve my knowlege base for my customers that I have gotten thoroughly hooked on digital photography. I have become the go to guy for any issues that involve image quality. Not so much that I am an expert, but my understanding of what I have read and learned through experimenting at least allows me to explain why automatic cameras would choose certain settings in various shots and to suggest methods of getting the best out of what may not always be the best circumstances for a picture to be taken properly. It also allows me to offer more suggestions on cameras with a/s/m.

I've had my current digital camera since last November and have taken over 11,000 images on it. Some of those images are on my site. If you have comments about my images, I'd love to hear them. E-mail me at fragger@verizon.net . Sorry if they are not captioned. I just don't have the patience to do that when I am making them publicly viewable and free. And there are literally thousands of images up.