Photo Assignment for the Week: 4/16 - 4/23

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2004
    A beautiful shade of red..
    pathfinder wrote:
    It's April - the dogwoods are blooming - so here they are in color and B&W.....

3660460-L.jpg

3660461-L.jpg
  • Options
    knaryknary Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    3572343-L.jpg

waxie, king of composition.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2004
    My Students
    I teach in a private boarding school here in Shanghai. Here are a few photos of my students...

She brought her camera to class today and I always have mine so, I took some pictures!
    3663806-L.jpg

Getting help from a boy in class...
    3663803-L.jpg

He was playing with his Gameboy...
    3663804-L.jpg
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2004
    Lisbon night falling..
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    I teach in a private boarding school here in Shanghai. Here are a few photos of my students.
    3663803-L.jpg
    I am always intrigued by your subjects, something "romantic"(the right word eludes me) about being able to capture these moments in time, 1/2 a world away.
    "Getting Help from a boy in class, is without a doubt my favorite today. I like the feel--that you captured a private moment of interaction. The lighting really worked well for you, lending to the overall mood of the subjects and composition. It's one of those photographic images that makes me stop-- like looking into a small personal window of time.

She brought her camera to class today and I always have mine so, I took some pictures!
    3663806-L.jpg
    This one is my second favorite... I like the concentration on her face, and the fact that it makes me wonder just what she is photographing. This one too has a pleasing composition, and a pleasing angle.
    Both of these photos really moved me.

Now I really find myself wondering, what you teach so far away from my little corner of the world...

Keep photographing...
    I remain,
    ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    Lisbon night falling..
    Interesting picture seemoon. It's great to see all these exotic places. Thanks for sharing.
    Lynn
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2004
    damonff wrote:
    I teach in a private boarding school here in Shanghai. Here are a few photos of my students...

3663806-L.jpg

3663803-L.jpg

He was playing with his Gameboy...
    3663804-L.jpg
    Again wonderful shots, and I'm with Ginette, very moving and gentle pictures. What DO you teach Damonoff??
    We want to know more.
    Lynn:D
  • Options
    cmpalmercmpalmer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 23, 2004
    I took this one two weeks ago in Washington, D.C. outside of Union Station. This contest got me going back through my pictures to play with B&W conversions, here is my result:

3606050-M.jpg
    It was actually a very dreary day (as you can see from the umbrellas).

Original is here: http://cmpalmer.smugmug.com/gallery/102358/1/3606050
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2004
    Isle of Wight, Lake Prince
    lynnma wrote:
    Again wonderful shots, and I'm with Ginette, very moving and gentle pictures. What DO you teach Damonoff??
    We want to know more.
    Lynn:D

Here is one that my son LuC and I took yesterday, while on our way home from his Ortho appointment... We actually took quite a few... Continuing on my project of documenting the older farms of our area, (Isle of Wight County, Virginia). All too quickly these old homes are being pilaged and burned to the ground. All to make room for "progress..."

ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2004
    Isle of Wight- Lake Prince
    AltPro wrote:
    Here is one that my son LuC and I took yesterday, while on our way home from his Ortho appointment... We actually took quite a few... Continuing on my project of documenting the older farms of our area, (Isle of Wight County, Virginia). All too quickly these old homes are being pilaged and burned to the ground. All to make room for "progress..."

ginette

Another shot at the same old farm house, from inside what would have been the "main room" of the home, shot through to the porch window.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2004
    AltPro wrote:
    Another shot at the same old farm house, from inside what would have been the "main room" of the home, shot through to the porch window.

And converted to Black & White...
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2004
    Leaf- VanDyke Brown Print.
    AltPro wrote:
    And converted to Black & White...
    Here's one that I think will work as one of the last submissions into the Contrast Assignment... Done without a camera, but still a photograph...
    Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.
    I remain,
    ginette
  • Options
    BuddyBuddy Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

3747489-M.jpg
  • Options
    Rolling StoneRolling Stone Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    717808-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    Rolling StoneRolling Stone Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    717809-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    DirtDOG wrote:
    717808-S-1.jpg
    bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2004
    I agree. The Force is strong with this one.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au