Options

Dgrin Shootout 2009: Acadia National Park, Maine -- October 7-11 2009

124»

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited October 24, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    While we're finalizing certain logistical things before posting any official signup related info, I would like to tell y'all this:
    find a roommate! deal.gif
    That is, of course, unless you wanna pay for the whole room by yourself mwink.gif (not an issue for Path, Jack, Ed and other happily married photographic couples)
    Stay tuned! thumb.gif

OK, done. What next? ear.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    We packed 6 in Jacks's Acura - with the photo gear deal.gif . Skippy, was that trunk space comfy? mwink.gif

And everyone had 2 bags the size of the ones you carried in the Blue B-tard? eek7.gif
    :poke
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    jdryan3 wrote:
    And everyone had 2 bags the size of the ones you carried in the Blue B-tard? eek7.gif
    :poke
    David, we're only talking radial trips, bags can stay in the hotel:-) mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    2943129201_a23cace597.jpg

April neglected to mention that this car was suppose to be able to seat 7, but we had the back seats folded flat so we would have room for our clothes and camera gear. Then ice chest was wedged in between skippy and april.:D
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    stuffjunkiestuffjunkie Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    greenpea wrote:
    April neglected to mention that this car was suppose to be able to seat 7, but we had the back seats folded flat so we would have room for our clothes and camera gear. Then ice chest was wedged in between skippy and april.:D

If you stuffed a bike in the back also, it would resemble what my Pilot looked like. ....and it was just me in there. I may have to leave a sink or two behind on future trips.:D
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    Hi everyone

We are getting very close to finalizing the details for next years shootout and to announcing how we will handle registration. So keep your eyes open for the announcement thread.

I want to clear a couple of things up before hand though.

Participation will be limited to dgrinners that have registered and then been awarded a spot.Therefore:
    1. Your roommate needs to come from that pool of people, unless you are going to pay the full pull for your room for all nights.
    2. While nothing would prevent someone from shooting in Acadia at the same time as the organized shootout, doing so will not get you access to the pros, special organized events (critique and learning sessions and others) or hosted dinner.
    We want this to be a dgrin community event, with as much socializing as shooting (after all, what do you do between sunrise and late afternoon?) and hope to offer some special extras along this line.

We are trying to ensure that the registration process is fair and allows all interested the opportunity to say so, and yet have to limit participation for logistical reasons.

Hang tight everyone. More details ASAP.

ann
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    It's in the works, can't say at the moment.

We packed 6 in Jacks's Acura - with the photo gear deal.gif . Skippy, was that trunk space comfy? mwink.gif

But your forgetting Nik, we only did photo shoots with that many people in Jacks car, there was no luggage except camera gear.

We found that just 4 in 4x4 was enough, especially when everyone has suitecases, backpacks, tripods, and other bags, not to mention slabs of water, ice chest for food etc ....

You can however fit more if there is no suitecases etc. .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    :cry I wish I could go. Getting married next year and honeymooning in Italy. No more vacation after that........

Have fun all.
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    cwphotos wrote:
    :cry I wish I could go. Getting married next year and honeymooning in Italy. No more vacation after that........

Have fun all.

wings.gifivarclap.gifsmile6:smo
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    cwphotos wrote:

Have fun all.
    WOW - Congratulations. clap.gifclap.gif :ivar wings.gif Have you introduced the lucky lady to us somewhere and I missed it?

And, a trip to Italy - how cool is that?
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    cwphotos wrote:

No more vacation after that? headscratch.gif

Naaah, cheer up! She might let you go on vacation again.nod.gif

Like in 5 or 6 years! :heh :heh
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2008
    cwphotos wrote:

Have fun all.

Wow! Dean! Congratulations! thumb.gifclap.gifclapwings.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited October 31, 2008
    cwphotos wrote:
    Have fun all.

Dean, best.. excuse.. ever! :D Congrats, man. We'll see you again in '10.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2008
    cwphotos wrote:

Have fun all.

Congrats Dean.

Now for some advice. Buy everything you want to have now, before she can say anything about it.
    For 25 years I wanted a wide angle lens for a camera. (it was an AE1 at the time) Last year I bought one for the digital stuff.

Think about it.:D
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2008
    It was most fabulous meeting so many of you in Moab this year and heaven knows.... I learned a LOT. Including how much wine to NOT drink pre-food. :cry

Alas, Maine is gorgeous but it's not going to happen. However .... perhaps Catalina will :)

y'all have a blast!!!!! :ivar
    //Leah