Options

Professional Lab Integration

Comments

• Options
    j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    So are we going to introduce more confusion to the customer by having 2 printers with 2 seperate offerings?

Isn't there one printer that does it all? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    j-bo wrote:
    So are we going to introduce more confusion to the customer by having 2 printers with 2 seperate offerings?

If one printer did it all, then there would only be one printer. I would think that you could direct the product to be printed at the vendor of your choice. Printers specialize in different things...you get to choose what to offer your customer, as well as decide which printer provides it the way you want to offer it. If EZPrints does it all for you, then you dont have to do anything.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    j-bo wrote:

No. The idea is that it's transparent to the buyer (your customer) :D

YOU will have decisions to make but not the buyers.
  • Options
    j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    No. The idea is that it's transparent to the buyer (your customer) :D

YOU will have decisions to make but not the buyers.

I figured as much, but thought I'd ask rather than assume.

Thanks and looking forward to see what will be available!
  • Options
    KalrogKalrog Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    j-bo wrote:
    I figured as much, but thought I'd ask rather than assume.

Thanks and looking forward to see what will be available!

Kid... Candy store... Christmas morning... all rolled into one.

Hey wait a sec. Isn't Christmas on a Thursday this year? When does maintenance usually happen? What a present.

*disclaimer*
    I have no inside information - I am just hopeful.
    Nathan Deckinga
    Leander, Texas
    http://www.2-dphoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    Kalrog wrote:
    Kid... Candy store... Christmas morning... all rolled into one.

Hey wait a sec. Isn't Christmas on a Thursday this year? When does maintenance usually happen? What a present.

*disclaimer*
    I have no inside information - I am just hopeful.
    I would answer but I have to go order some die cut wallets now naughty.gif
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    'auto/true' color status?
    Just wondering if we'll finally remove the 'true/auto' color chioce from the customers view in pro account holders shopping cart when this new printer option gets released?

rich56k
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    rich56k wrote:
    Just wondering if we'll finally remove the 'true/auto' color chioce from the customers view in pro account holders shopping cart when this new printer option gets released?

rich56k

As long as we're overhauling the print backend... we've made a number of subtle little improvements. :cool
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I would answer but I have to go order some die cut wallets now naughty.gif

Andy... your a real stooge :crazy
    I sure hope this is by Christmas morning... for your sake more than ours now what with even other threads now calling you'll either extremly sure or complete morons... I fear Santa himself may be giving Pro Photogs all over the world a ride to your door..... I sure hope it's not with whips and chains or worse... :rambo :lol4
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2008
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rich56k

rich56k

cabbey wrote:
    As long as we're overhauling the print backend... we've made a number of subtle little improvements. :cool

Sounds cryptically optimistic - can't wait for the unveiling :D
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2008
    rich56k wrote:
    can't wait for the unveiling :D

That makes about a couple dozen of us. :D I can't wait to get this thing live for you folks, months of my life now are wrapped up in it. But we're not going to put it out until it is ready, solid and dependable, able to take on the thousands of orders a day we push through. thumb.gif

Seriously, this is big, lots of folks at smug have been involved, and lots of folks at the lab. Thankfully our cultures get along very well, so even as we've hit the ugliest bits of the integration, the relationship has been awesome.

I already get to play with it every day (er, sorry, TEST it :D ) and even I get giddy sometimes waiting to push it live.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
  • Options
    takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2008
    Almost there....
    Slap the coupons on there and it will be a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

clap.gifivarwings.gifclap:ivarwings.gifclap:ivarwings.gif
  • Options
    Glory2Jesus4PhotographyGlory2Jesus4Photography Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    Well it did not happen this Thursday. ne_nau.gif :cry
    I really do hope with such a long time in the works that SM can really put something supper fantastic together. Something that is even better then working with Millers directly.
    I know my spelling and grammar are poor some times my spell check says "I got nothing
    for you" and there/ their is no grammar check yet so please forgive me Jesus did.
    My Web site:
    http://Glory2Jesus4Photography.smugmug.com/
    My blog: http://glory2jesus4photography.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2008
    I really hope it's MPIXS!!! If we could get the full gamut of their products my work would be cut in half! Cmon' MPIXS!!!!!!:ivar

You did not see the big splash at MPIX a while a go and in the mag adverts.............MPIX PARTNERED WITH ZENFOLIO ...........ne_nau.gifscratch:cry
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited December 26, 2008
    Cindy wrote:
    Andy... your a real stooge :crazy
    I sure hope this is by Christmas morning... for your sake more than ours now what with even other threads now calling you'll either extremly sure or complete morons... I fear Santa himself may be giving Pro Photogs all over the world a ride to your door..... I sure hope it's not with whips and chains or worse... :rambo :lol4
    No, not Christmas morning - but soon! So guys, we need to get it right. Really, really right. It's getting so very close, hang on tight!

Sorry for the crappy screen pic - but you get the point, these are the Cindy U. Memorial Die-Cut wallets lol3.gif

20081227-nwwu3mpqqy8r85ca8c76h6hctf.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2008
    A few of you pros are asking for this:

20081227-1tu35txabeitg9b9d6qxjsm6t8.jpg

:D
  • Options
    Glory2Jesus4PhotographyGlory2Jesus4Photography Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    Thanks for the update Andy The wallets are looking good other then the web cam photo ne_nau.gif what is up with that I know you have a remote for that 1DmkIII rolleyes1.gif I do hope it is soon but I do hope it is so right and so good that it is easier and better then my current lab. Which is on par if not better then SM on their customer service and how they take pride in there workmanship. That is why I really hope you would be able to use them but Who ever it is I hope they are equal if not better. :D
    I know my spelling and grammar are poor some times my spell check says "I got nothing
    for you" and there/ their is no grammar check yet so please forgive me Jesus did.
    My Web site:
  • Options
    CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    No, not Christmas morning - but soon! So guys, we need to get it right. Really, really right. It's getting so very close, hang on tight!

Sorry for the crappy screen pic - but you get the point, these are the Cindy U. Memorial Die-Cut wallets lol3.gif

20081227-nwwu3mpqqy8r85ca8c76h6hctf.jpg

wings.gifrolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif

Well it's sure good to see you survived Christmas without a firing squad.
    The wallets are looking great... but I see you better work on your printer profile or white balance or something... your looking a little blue there and yes I want them wallets right so keep pluging away. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the update Andy!
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2009
    Someone asked for Flat Packaging once or twice lol3.gif

Y'all will need some good Exacto knives, and a little bit of patience -- but it's worth it deal.gif

yes, from 4x6 up to the biggest sizes, 30x40 and 24x36, all shipped flat. Many layers of protection inside - it's a thing of beauty, really!

447288212_QPcRq-XL-1.jpg

447288249_GDP9z-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2009
    Well by the shipping we can eliminate Millers :cry I know WHCC uses ups I really hope that whoever SM uses is as good or better then Millers. It would be so nice to do every thing from one place. mwink.gif
    My Web site:
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2009
    Well by the shipping we can eliminate Millers :cry

Y'all haven't seen that Millers/Mpix has an exclusive with another company.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Y'all haven't seen that Millers/Mpix has an exclusive with another company.

Obviously they are not ready the whole thread.....even I stated whom MPIX partnered with earlier.....it was bif news in some mags and on their websites also.......Did You get Douglas Photographic IMaging here in good ol' Wichita???
    Now that would have been something great for SmugMug...............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited January 3, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Obviously they are not ready the whole thread.....even I stated whom MPIX partnered with earlier.....it was bif news in some mags and on their websites also.......Did You get Douglas Photographic IMaging here in good ol' Wichita???
    Now that would have been something great for SmugMug...............
    Mpix is the consumer side not the pro side and I did not know that the other had an exclusive with them. I just wishful thinking it would be like if your pro lab said they were going to offer hosting service through another provider I would be pushing just as loud for SM I would not want some flicka.
    I like using Co. that have always been there for me and my business that is all. just a loyalty that I have and is why SM gets my business.
    My Web site:
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Oh no....please, please NOT UPS as carrier! Oh, please!

ann
    on behalf of all us Canuck's.
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Someone asked for Flat Packaging once or twice lol3.gif

Y'all will need some good Exacto knives, and a little bit of patience -- but it's worth it deal.gif

yes, from 4x6 up to the biggest sizes, 30x40 and 24x36, all shipped flat. Many layers of protection inside - it's a thing of beauty, really!

447288212_QPcRq-XL-1.jpg

447288249_GDP9z-L.jpg

Does not look like WHCC packaging. But I would love if it were WHCC. I've used them when I'm not printing thru SM and love the results. Never had any issues with shipping and/or packaging and they guarantee prints w/o question...
  • Options
    Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    Does not look like WHCC packaging. But I would love if it were WHCC. I've used them when I'm not printing thru SM and love the results. Never had any issues with shipping and/or packaging and they guarantee prints w/o question...

I love WHCC. The packaging from Millers and WHCC is very similar. Haha, everytime I order a really large print I cringe while opening it. I am so afraid I am going to ruin it or cut it with a knife. I never have yet and their prints come in excellent condition.
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2009
    Karenl39 wrote:
    I love WHCC. The packaging from Millers and WHCC is very similar. Haha, everytime I order a really large print I cringe while opening it. I am so afraid I am going to ruin it or cut it with a knife. I never have yet and their prints come in excellent condition.
    You will feel EXACTLY the same way when you open these new packages :D
  • Options
    sellissellis Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2009
    I don't have the patience
    I'll be a beta tester if it helps speed things up mwink.gif
  • Options
    KalrogKalrog Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    You will feel EXACTLY the same way when you open these new packages :D

With hints like that we must be getting dang close.
    Nathan Deckinga
    Leander, Texas
    http://www.2-dphoto.com
  • Options
    edited January 12, 2009
    Kalrog wrote:
    With hints like that we must be getting dang close.

So close we can taste it.