www.SmugMugPro.com

Comments

• digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    WOW!!!!! I signed up and cant wait......I want to know whats going on!!!!!!!
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    :eat ear.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    :eat ear.gif
    Me too...

My guess is stock photo service, because that's what's been rumored, but who knows... I'd love to see something like LiveBooks! ne_nau.gifmwink.gif
    --
    _:nod Nate____
    Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
    Speedlite 430 EX .
    Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2009
    natephoto wrote:
    Me too...

My guess is stock photo service, because that's what's been rumored, but who knows... I'd love to see something like LiveBooks! ne_nau.gifmwink.gif

I bet neither but much cooler clap.gif
    //Leah
  • MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    I need to starty hanging out here more often
    I stopped checking DGrin on a regular basis and now everytime I stick my nose in here I am finding all sorts of new things happening. Can't wait to see the changes.

........and everyone stop asking for hints - if you been around here long enough you should know by now Andy and crew will NEVER release any information on a potential upgrade - never have and never will.

Michael
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009

...Andy and crew will NEVER release any information on a potential upgrade - never have and never will...

Well that's just the thing, they divulge just enougfh to have us begging for details in threads such as this one. Regarding SmugMugPro they even put up a teaser site on www.smugmugpro.com. Cheesy marketing ploy if you ask me. I say if you want to keep it secret then do, :stfu.

Malte
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Malte wrote:
    Well that's just the thing, they divulge just enougfh to have us begging for details in threads such as this one. Regarding SmugMugPro they even put up a teaser site on www.smugmugpro.com. Cheesy marketing ploy if you ask me. I say if you want to keep it secret then do, :stfu.

Malte

Malte,

Sorry you feel this way. I have a different take on it. SmugMug is a privately held company, made up of savvy marketing people as well as creative eclectic geeks.

They are just having a little fun. You and I never see the hours of hard work behind the curtain.

Think of it this way, I am sure your spouse, or best friend has personality traits, and opinions your not in complete agreement with, but over all you find them to be high caliber, and worthwhile people.

Does this apply to SmugMug?

Sam
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    Malte,

Sorry you feel this way. I have a different take on it. SmugMug is a privately held company, made up of savvy marketing people as well as creative eclectic geeks.

They are just having a little fun. You and I never see the hours of hard work behind the curtain.

Think of it this way, I am sure your spouse, or best friend has personality traits, and opinions your not in complete agreement with, but over all you find them to be high caliber, and worthwhile people.

Sam

Very well said Sam, I agree completely.
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    Sam wrote:

...SmugMug is...made up of...creative eclectic geeks.
    I know, and I love them as much as you do. iloveyou.gif
    Sam wrote:

...your not in complete agreement with, but over all you find them to be high caliber...

Absolutely, and I'm sorry if I came across as a total hater. All I'm saying is, if you want to keep something a secret then do. And they usually do, which is why I'm a bit surprised by the teaser site.

Malte
  • hunter349hunter349 Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    SMugmugpro
    I have just decided to join smugmug, WOW...Im very impressed. I was designing my website from the ground up before and it took so much time to do I lost alot of time for actually taking photographs. With that said...smugmugpro has peeked my interest...I would gladly pay more (not too much though...I havent sold any million dollar photos yet :)) for a few more advanced features. Keep up the good work...I can't wait to see whats around the corner.
  • brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    I just got my most recent profit check in the mail. Included with the check was a flyer that had some info about one of the new SmugMugPro features that would be "coming soon". Just thought you might like to know.
    I've got my fingers crossed that electronic payment...will be high on the agenda for improvements...
  • DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    brjphoto wrote:
    I just got my most recent profit check in the mail. Included with the check was a flyer that had some info about one of the new SmugMugPro features that would be "coming soon". Just thought you might like to know.
    So, what was the "feature"?
  • brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    DrDavid wrote:

I think you can probably figure that out by looking at my post a few more times.
  • sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    OK. I don't know what it is. But like everything else you SmugFolk dream up, I'm sure it will be awesome. I love, love, love the fact that you all collectively never sit on top of your success resting. It is so refreshing to see the constant level of innovation.

I'm signed up for the newsletter via email, subscribed to twitter, and I'm going back to add the RSS too.

That brings to mind a question... with all the information avenues coming from SmugMug, is there one "best" way to get the news delivered to us? I don't get to log in here at DGrin as often as I would like, and when I do, important threads might be buried a bit.

Thanks again. You all just rock.

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    sskoutas wrote:
    That brings to mind a question... with all the information avenues coming from SmugMug, is there one "best" way to get the news delivered to us?
    your news tab, control panel:

http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg

http://www.smugmug.com/news/

make sure you have email turned ON - we'll send an email when we make important news announcements.

We also put these in a box on your homepage (your eyes only).

We update Release Notes: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/
  • sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    your news tab, control panel:

http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/controlpanel.mg

http://www.smugmug.com/news/

make sure you have email turned ON - we'll send an email when we make important news announcements.

We also put these in a box on your homepage (your eyes only).

We update Release Notes: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

Thanks, Andy! I had all of those all set already, and I noticed the release notes blog today in the SmugMugPro thread. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any goodies!

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.
  • DanoDano Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    It's not too difficult to figure out.

I've got my fingers crossed that electronic payment...
  • termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    This looks slick, and I look forward to whatever it is that the hero(in)es are cooking up, but at the same time… where are coupons?

SmugMug looks great right now. It works reliably. But it's missing a key sales feature: coupons and packages. (I won't rehash the normal arguments and complaints.)

I'll be depressed and disappointed if this mysterious smugmugpro thing comes out before coupons, or if it's holding coupons up in any way.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2009
    termina3 wrote:
    This looks slick, and I look forward to whatever it is that the hero(in)es are cooking up, but at the same time… where are coupons?

SmugMug looks great right now. It works reliably. But it's missing a key sales feature: coupons and packages. (I won't rehash the normal arguments and complaints.)

I'll be depressed and disappointed if this mysterious smugmugpro thing comes out before coupons, or if it's holding coupons up in any way.

SmugMug Pro may very well include coupons and packages for pros. My bet is that SmugMug wants to roll out some of the features users have been clamoring for for a while with a bang, rather than the usual rollout of a major new feature. While the addition of Bay Photo was great and I have benefitted a lot from the increased quality, there is already almost as much buzz about SmugMug Pro as there was when Bay Photo's soft rollout occurred, even though we know near nothing about what's coming. Clearly the marketing is working very well.
  • Ryan ArmbrustRyan Armbrust Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    I still think SmugPro has some of David Jay's ShowIt Sites stuff integrated into it...
  • SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Power vs Pro
    I have the middle of the road subscription here at SmugMug, I believe it's called the "Power" account. I'm very happy here, and with what I have, but can someone tell me what the advantages are to having the Pro account.

Shark
    "12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited March 13, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    I have the middle of the road subscription here at SmugMug, I believe it's called the "Power" account. I'm very happy here, and with what I have, but can someone tell me what the advantages are to having the Pro account.
    You might want to take a look at this chart showing the features available at each account level - http://www.smugmug.com/photos/photo-sharing-features/.

--- Denise
  • SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Thanks Denise
    I'll check that out.
    "12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Also, here is David Jay's Smuggy site!

http://davidjay.smugmug.com/
    Whatever that showit thing is, it hogs my pc and delays any dropdown in
    WebDev. Way too much overhead. It's going to be a **** helping anyone
    with their site.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited March 13, 2009
    Yeah, his smuggy site hangs up REALLY bad. Very slow.
    His drop down logo is also buggy.
    edited March 13, 2009
    I would be happy integrating his slideshow stuff through Smugmug.
    Check his Source code. We has embedded one of his slidshows on his Smugmug site.
  • termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    What's the point of adveritising to people who are already subscribed? That's just annoying.

If Smug came out and said, "we'll have this feature by this date," people could make a decision of whether they could wait that long or needed to switch services. Currently, they'd just switch services if that was a must-have feature.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    termina3 wrote:
    What's the point of adveritising to people who are already subscribed? That's just annoying.

If Smug came out and said, "we'll have this feature by this date," people could make a decision of whether they could wait that long or needed to switch services. Currently, they'd just switch services if that was a must-have feature.
    Bang on!rolleyes1.gif

I waited two full years before moving on! And when I first signed on, there were others complaining they had already been waiting two years for certain pro features...ne_nau.gif

I agree it'll be interesting -- if and when real business-to-business services make an appearance at SM. (And I for one really hope it lives up to its billing.) But Andy's already said international currency isn't in the cards -- and they won't even talk about co-branding (so customers know who's pix they're receiving)!

So don't be holding your breath.

Life's far too short!
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    xris wrote:
    and they won't even talk about co-branding (so customers know who's pix they're receiving)!
    headscratch.gif can you elaborate so I can be sure there's not a misunderstanding here?
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    headscratch.gif can you elaborate so I can be sure there's not a misunderstanding here?
    The idea of placing the photographer's branding on the shipping and billing material (along with SM's, rather than just SM's). Not just the name mentioned in the text, but the photographer's actual brand/logo.

This would be handy on the outside of the shipping package, for instance, where the photographer's marque will serve both as brand reinforcement AND as a way of identifying the contents of the package.
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca