www.SmugMugPro.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2009
    xris wrote:
    The idea of placing the photographer's branding on the shipping and billing material (along with SM's, rather than just SM's). Not just the name mentioned in the text, but the photographer's actual brand/logo.

This would be handy on the outside of the shipping package, for instance, where the photographer's marque will serve both as brand reinforcement AND as a way of identifying the contents of the package.
    thumb.gif
    nod.gif something like this is in the works and we hope to have it live one day - I can't say when.
  • HamSmugglerHamSmuggler Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    xris wrote:
    The idea of placing the photographer's branding on the shipping and billing material (along with SM's, rather than just SM's). Not just the name mentioned in the text, but the photographer's actual brand/logo.

This would be handy on the outside of the shipping package, for instance, where the photographer's marque will serve both as brand reinforcement AND as a way of identifying the contents of the package.
    thumb.gif

+1 !!
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    If it's any comfort, I spent most of last week with this view:

491438977_AoAUW-M.jpg

And I still don't know anything more about this PRO than the rest of you! headscratch.gif
    //Leah
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    catspaw wrote:

491438977_AoAUW-M.jpg

And I still don't know anything more about this PRO than the rest of you! headscratch.gif

I want one of those cool hats!
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Kyle D wrote:
    I want one of those cool hats!

:eat
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
  • DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    Hats were being given away freely at WPPI.. Should have been there! :P

David
  • Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    DrDavid wrote:
    Hats were being given away freely at WPPI.. Should have been there! :P

David

Some of us can't get to WPPI. Something about it being on the other side of the continent and not having any money to buy plane tickets.
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
    edited March 16, 2009
    catspaw wrote:
    UNTIL You called "shotgun" and stole the front seat blbl.gif

491438977_AoAUW-Th.jpg

• tmanchestertmanchester Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited March 16, 2009
    I've signed up for email, but haven't seen a single thing on this. Can you please fill me in?

Andy, I think you have my email address.
    edited March 16, 2009
    I've signed up for email, but haven't seen a single thing on this. Can you please fill me in?

Andy, I think you have my email address.
    When we have an announcement you'll see it in email, Tom :D And don't forget, to be sure you check your mail prefs on news (control panel, news tab, news link) and also subscribe to release notes blog RSS feed - you'll never ever miss a beat then :D
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    UNTIL You called "shotgun" and stole the front seat blbl.gif

I felt the suffering of the back seats needed to be EQUALLY shared. Even if that was the only time you ever had to 'suffer'. you poor thing. lol3.gif
    //Leah
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Just got a profit check from SmugMug today with a little note in it. I assume SmugMug Pro will have a lot more features than this, but it gives us a preview of one to come. The suspense is killing me here!

20090412-c598m6esp9eyi12ekjafpr97im.jpg
  • termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Well, this is good news.

Too bad we had to wait to hear it from a pro who got a profit check vs. an official announcement though?
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
    edited April 12, 2009
    termina3 wrote:
    Well, this is good news.

Too bad we had to wait to hear it from a pro who got a profit check vs. an official announcement though?
    We've talked about it before on Dgrin - and the paper notice to pros was just another way of getting folks ready. More from the Countess of Cash and Sorcery when we're closer!

Thanks for noticing, and for your patience.
    edited April 12, 2009
    By the way folks, the first two pieces of the "new" SmugMug Pro are already out in the wild:

Bay Photo and

SMUGs User Group Meetings (first two already held, Northern CA and also LA - more to come!)
  • termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Thanks […] for your patience.

Hehe, be careful. There's not much left there to be thanking me for.

I mean that wholly as a joke; I'm in good spirits with the 'new' information.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • JCCJCC Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited April 13, 2009
    SmugMug L.A. User Group Meet - Up
    Yup, SmugMug came to L.A. For more on the meet up, see my blog at
    http://FotoBento.com
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Interesting tweet from school's Becker (@thebecker)
    new video of the PhotoMechanic 4.6 update: http://tinyurl.com/d8svfuSmugMugPro too!!!

FWIW ne_nau.gif
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Interesting tweet from school's Becker (@thebecker)

FWIW ne_nau.gif
    Sorry. I dont' think it has anything to do with the pro branding.

PM 4.6 added a few more uploaders and smuggy was one of them.

from the release notes
    Photo Mechanic 4.6 includes several new Upload templates such as Secure FTP, Amazon S3, ExposureManager, Flickr, Gallery 2, SmugMug, and Zenfolio. If you are a Ruby programmer, you can create your own Upload plug-in.
  • TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Just got a profit check from SmugMug today with a little note in it. I assume SmugMug Pro will have a lot more features than this, but it gives us a preview of one to come. The suspense is killing me here!

It's just occurred to me, I have been so caught up in not having local currency payment options for my customers, I never asked if the electronic payment of pro profits would apply to non-US based photographers as well? Or are we going to be left with cheques?

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    SMUGs
    Is there a full schedule for upcoming SMUGs? I doubt you're coming to my sleepy little New England town, but I'm hoping for maybe Boston.

This is getting exciting. You guys and gals at SmugMug should be psyched with the amount of buzz you've been generating in podcasts, Twitter, etc. Nice work... you definitely have the Smugmug name out there a lot more than I've ever heard it before, and all in good light too. The HD Video is getting great buzz and landing some higher profile clients (who are talking about it too).

Congrats. I'm very pleased to be going along for this ride. Can't wait to see what's on deck.

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.
    edited April 22, 2009
    sskoutas wrote:
    Is there a full schedule for upcoming SMUGs? I doubt you're coming to my sleepy little New England town, but I'm hoping for maybe Boston.

Jeff will post a schedule soon.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    I agree today lots of people know SmugMug than before and people really want to join in. On the other hand as people are flooding into digital photography people really need something like SmugMug great looks of their portfolio awesome customer support. These looks things works wonders when you want to impress your client.

I received a call guy asked me a lot about smugmug and he was convinced that his photos are looking awesome uploaded to SmugMug. Trends are hot in Pakistan and SmugMug is popular than in 2004-05 as photography has become extremely popular hobby of individuals. So keep it up guys.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2009
    Is there any update on SmugmugPro?
    DeeDeeO wrote:
    Is there going to be a difference between the current Pro account we have here vs the one that I'm seeing with David Jay: www.SmugMugPro.com? Can any elaborate what is going on....I'm sure announcements were made at WHCC, but some of us unfortunate souls were not able to attend. Thank you!!!!

It's been around 7 months and SmugmugPro is still dormant. I was excited that it would be ready (whatever it is) when the summer arrived (in time for wedding season), but it never happened.

Can someone from SM give us an update? I would be happy with something as vague as this year or next year.

Please? :D
    Can someone from SM give us an update? I would be happy with something as vague as this year or next year.

Please? :D
    Well, let's see: A new pro lab was added (Bay Photo); upped video to 10minutes of full 1080p on Pro accounts; Added Easy Customizer; Launched SMUGs - SmugMug User Groups - in 20 cities; new sharing features, and new styles; and massively increased your SEO with our last release, NiceNames.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ SmugMug Pro has been happening, the way in which smugmugpro.com will be used is still being discussed.

We know you want coupons and packages - and for many of you, that 'defines' SmugMug Pro. Both are continuing in development, with coupons coming first, I hope & expect.
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Well, let's see: A new pro lab was added (Bay Photo); upped video to 10minutes of full 1080p on Pro accounts; Added Easy Customizer; Launched SMUGs - SmugMug User Groups - in 20 cities; new sharing features, and new styles; and massively increased your SEO with our last release, NiceNames.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ SmugMug Pro has been happening, the way in which smugmugpro.com will be used is still being discussed.

We know you want coupons and packages - and for many of you, that 'defines' SmugMug Pro. Both are continuing in development, with coupons coming first, I hope & expect.

Oh yeah Andy, there's no doubt you guys have been busy. And we all truly appreciate your efforts, but all of the things you mention are part of the current SmugMug offering. Not SmugmugPro, right? Or are they the same thing? I guess I thought SmugMug Pro was something different. Or am I wrong? To me, it appears that SM Pro is supposed to be this next level product for Pros. Or is it a marketing thing to pump up new Pro features for new and existing Pro subscribers? Now I'm confused.
    Oh yeah Andy, there's no doubt you guys have been busy. And we all truly appreciate your efforts, but all of the things you mention are part of the current SmugMug offering. Not SmugmugPro, right? Or are they the same thing? I guess I thought SmugMug Pro was something different. Or am I wrong? To me, it appears that SM Pro is supposed to be this next level product for Pros. Or is it a marketing thing to pump up new Pro features for new and existing Pro subscribers? Now I'm confused.

Bay Photo is strictly for Pros. SMUGs was asked for by our pros and we allow any and all to attend. Less branding was asked for by pros, pro only. Better SEO, demanded for by pros, not pro only but surely driven by our pros.

Coupons and Packages: of course, pro-only.

SmugMug Pro is evolving. We'll have more to say when we have two key features that you all are demanding, coupons and packages, out. Stay tuned and thanks.
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    Andy wrote:
    Bay Photo is strictly for Pros. SMUGs was asked for by our pros and we allow any and all to attend. Less branding was asked for by pros, pro only. Better SEO, demanded for by pros, not pro only but surely driven by our pros.

Coupons and Packages: of course, pro-only.

SmugMug Pro is evolving. We'll have more to say when we have two key features that you all are demanding, coupons and packages, out. Stay tuned and thanks.

The new and upcoming pro features are great. But the "SmugMugPro" marketing campaign is a flop. You guys made it sound like it was SOMETHING. We signed up for the newsletter or whatever, and nothing came. Then you quietly mentioned on here that parts of the big unveiling were unveiled before SmugMugPro was even "announced." We expected a big bang, but we got what we've come to expect... contstant small upgrades that keep making smugmug better and better.

No complaints about where smugmug is going, but the marketing department needs some work. :D

Dave
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    pilotdave wrote:
    The new and upcoming pro features are great. But the "SmugMugPro" marketing campaign is a flop. You guys made it sound like it was SOMETHING. We signed up for the newsletter or whatever, and nothing came. Then you quietly mentioned on here that parts of the big unveiling were unveiled before SmugMugPro was even "announced." We expected a big bang, but we got what we've come to expect... contstant small upgrades that keep making smugmug better and better.

No complaints about where smugmug is going, but the marketing department needs some work. :D

Dave
    15524779-Ti.gif

I've been with Smugmug going on 5 years and have nothing but good things to say about the service that you provide.

That said, I wish you guys would quit announcing improvements and new services and then take months and months to finally deliver them.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site