*ENTRY* Thread DSS #21: Book Cover - Exclusive Month-Long Challenge!

13»

Comments

• DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    Oh okay, simple enough. Thanks.
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    mpflies2 wrote:
    could you please delete the image "Thoroughfare of Enchantment" by mplies2 on Page 1?

Done. thumb.gif
    edited April 2, 2009
    Drin wrote:
    Oh okay, simple enough. Thanks.

Kevin has steered you rightly. Check out some of the past challenges for examples. :D
  • mpflies2mpflies2 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited April 2, 2009
    thanks
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Done. thumb.gif

thank you!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2009
    pls delete my first two in the G...thxs
    Aaron Nelson
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    in my haste... i have not first made the finishing touches and then entered my photo... i have been a bad example and done the opposite of how to enter a contest...sorry..

delete first three....

i promise no more re-enters, promisepromisemismis!!
    Aaron Nelson
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 4, 2009
    yes I also have one that needs deleted on the first page. The eagle eye one. I have marked it to be deleted in the description.
    edited April 4, 2009
    Thanks for the notices, folks. thumb.gif
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2009
    in my haste... i have not first made the finishing touches and then entered my photo... i have been a bad example and done the opposite of how to enter a contest...sorry..

delete first three....

i promise no more re-enters, promisepromisemismis!!

What a great post for Lent! :whip
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    Delete
    Sorry Mods, I've got a delete on page 3... the first "Erosion" entry.

Thanks!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
    edited April 5, 2009
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Sorry Mods, I've got a delete on page 3... the first "Erosion" entry.

Thanks!

Saw the one tagged on p. 2 for deletion, so got rid of that one.
    edited April 5, 2009
    And just a friendly reminder as this monthlong challenge nears its end, double-check your entries to ensure they meet all the rules. deal.gif
  • davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    I need one deleted.
    It's the first of two that look alike on page 3.

Title: Murder at the Diner
    Reason: missing EXIF.

Thanks.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
    edited April 5, 2009
    davev wrote:
    Thanks.

You're welcome. :D
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2009
    Well...the entry gallery is temporarily out of service....like for the last few hours.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited April 5, 2009
    Was fine when I went in an hour ago. ne_nau.gif Looks like SmugMug is down for a bit.

Benefits of entering early. deal.gif
    edited April 6, 2009
    And that's a wrap! clap.gif The monthlong challenge has now ended.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2009
    Whew! Made it! lol3.gif

I will never, ever make any entry from start to finish in two hours. It gets a bit scary.

Yeah, a month available and I manage to get started with hours left to go...
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited April 6, 2009
    Urg, 8 DQs this round. :cry That's just painful.

Alice Herden: You didn't have your DGrin username and title in the caption, and I have no idea what your DGrin username is.

timfythetoo: You don't appear to be registered on DGrin, no matter how hard I searched. ne_nau.gif

koush, sarbear, Every Miles A Memory, Photobrando, Drin: No or incomplete EXIF.

photoMark: Beautiful image, but it wasn't taken during the contest period. Photos must be fresh.
  • sarbearsarbear Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 6, 2009
    Behind Closed doors missing
    I submitted a photo called behind closed doors On Saturday morning. It was there last night and today Someone deleted it. Was there a problem with it?

Thanks,
    Sarbear

Llywellyn wrote:
    Urg, 8 DQs this round. :cry That's just painful.

Alice Herden: You didn't have your DGrin username and title in the caption, and I have no idea what your DGrin username is.

timfythetoo: You don't appear to be registered on DGrin, no matter how hard I searched. ne_nau.gif

photoMark: Beautiful image, but it wasn't taken during the contest period. Photos must be fresh.
  • sarbearsarbear Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 6, 2009
    The Exif must have been removed when we used picnik to add the text. Can we just upload without the text.

sarbear wrote:
    I submitted a photo called behind closed doors On Saturday morning. It was there last night and today Someone deleted it. Was there a problem with it?

Thanks,
    Sarbear
    edited April 6, 2009
    sarbear wrote:

Thanks,
    Sarbear

Sarbear, your entry was DQ'd due to the EXIF being stripped.

This round ended this morning at 8am EST, but for future rounds yes, you can certainly upload photos without text. Be sure to roll over your entry and click "Photo Info" in the future to double-check your EXIF stayed with the image. thumb.gif
    edited April 6, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

Wow, that's a bummer. I checked and double checked for EXIF info, and it was there. I also checked just now and it still is. What would be incomplete? It has the date of capture, as well as all the shot specifications. ne_nau.gif

EDIT: I didn't know you could double check EXIF information in the gallery. Something must have happened during the upload. Can we have that suggestion added to the rules for people in the future who may not realize either?
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
    edited April 6, 2009
    Drin wrote:
    EDIT: I didn't know you could double check EXIF information in the gallery. Something must have happened during the upload. Can we have that suggestion added to the rules for people in the future who may not realize either?

This actually occurs when saving an image in Photoshop or other image-editing program. I have a feeling most folks who added text to their image saved a different format or a second version, which eliminates the EXIF info. Using Save for Web also strips the EXIF from an image.

I warned for folks to double-check their entries for a reason (mostly because I'm nice). mwink.gif But the rules are clear. EXIF must be there. It's only our job to check it at the end of a round. The rest is up to you! :D

Learn and move on. You have opportunities every two weeks for another year. Plenty of chances. thumb.gif
    edited April 6, 2009
    Yeah, I mean I checked the .jpg file that I uploaded, AFTER I composited the images and saved the file, and the EXIF info was there. Eh, something must have happened when I uploaded.

And I mean maybe add to the rules the idea of checking EXIF info in the gallery? Since that feature isn't too obvious or may be overlooked by non smug-muggers.
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
  • timfythetootimfythetoo Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

Looks like I had never completed my registration. Couldnt figure out why my pic had disappeared. I am known to be an idiot at times. ;)
    edited April 7, 2009
    Looks like I had never completed my registration. Couldnt figure out why my pic had disappeared. I am known to be an idiot at times. ;)
    11doh.gif Well, welcome! Hope you'll hop in to the current round now that you're all official and stuff. thumb.gif
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2009
    OOPS! accidental gallery comment!
    mods - can you please delete my gallery comment that begins, "this image is really quite fantastic"? I meant to comment on "this photo" (the "Thoroughfare of Enchantment" image in particular). SORRY!!! ne_nau.gif
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!
    edited April 8, 2009
    Benjer wrote:
    mods - can you please delete my gallery comment...

No worries, helped me learn something new. thumb.gif You can add it back for the appropriate photo now.