• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Tampa SMUG Launches Aug 24th!
    20090819-kjhycaxhbqfffcjsg9ba9ybg33.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2009
    SF Smug Moves to the Basement (Aug 28th)
    20090819-rtct24ddg9qf4g37dxxaqxyky3.jpg
  • Options
    NomadRipNomadRip Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2009
    Just got a tweet that the Tampa address was changed for Monday?

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore 2225 North Lois Avenue Tampa
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2009
    NomadRip wrote:
    Just got a tweet that the Tampa address was changed for Monday?

Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore 2225 North Lois Avenue Tampa

Yes. Here is the info:

http://smugmug.com/smugs/calendar

20090823-r3nimntrd3xhc3nyii1i19bads.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    NY SMUG last week
    august02.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Silicon Valley Smug Aug 24th
    20090825-e38iu37ncwktfdut55jg5yap46.jpg

Please don't tell the fire marshal :uhoh

Edit: I can't tell who took this pic, I grabbed it off of a Flickr slideshow from one of the attendees -thanks for the pic whoever you are!
  • Options
    NomadRipNomadRip Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Tampa Smug was a lot of fun. Only 3 people went to the wrong address after yesterday's change. Pretty full room, with most of the crowd having found out about it on Craigslist?

Carlos Baez was a great speaker and had a lot of information to share.

Thanks for putting this on! (And thanks for the shirt, Candice!)
  • Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2009
    SiliconValley SMUGS Last night...
    Hey great event last night...what a packed house!!

Seemed like a few were taking pics throughout the event...other than the one Andy has posted on this thread, has anyone else posted their photos from last night?
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    Sili Smugs of the Valley was great...
    Frederich was great, extremely informative. I sure learned a lot.

I want to thank Smug Mug for their hospitality, which was first class.

Additionally, their concern about potential problems with Nice Names is very assuring. They are a great outfit.

Thanks
    Rags
  • Options
    chrisdgchrisdg Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2009
    jm94085 wrote:
    Hey great event last night...what a packed house!!

Seemed like a few were taking pics throughout the event...other than the one Andy has posted on this thread, has anyone else posted their photos from last night?

Chris MacAskill has posted a brief video of the Silicon Valley SMUG live model shoot

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2009073012.swf&quot; /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9NjI5NTM5NzQyJms9cGhIYlImYT0zNzk5MjcyX1ZyWGpOJnU9Y21hYw==" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2009073012.swf&quot; flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9NjI5NTM5NzQyJms9cGhIYlImYT0zNzk5MjcyX1ZyWGpOJnU9Y21hYw==" width="640" height="360" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

For those who weren't there, the leader of the group, FrederickVan, was shooting photos of the lovely miss Quinn for the first 45 minutes or so, using a Speedotron strobe inside a large soft-box, a gold-reflector, and a white seamless bg. In his camera was an Eye-Fi wireless memory card that, in addition to storing the files, simultaneously transmitted the images in realtime to a Mac being projected on a screen, and to Frederick's SmugMug site. So within a few seconds of each shot, everyone in the room was able to view the results of the image. Frederick would adjust the pose, the lighting, etc and we could see the results. A few members of the audience also got a chance to work with the model. The second hour was dedicated to Frederick demonstrating his Lightroom workflow...mostly adjusting the brightness of the eyes and teeth, removing blemishes, batch syncing the adjustments, etc.

Before and after the session, the MacAskill's talked about the new NiceNames feature. A few photography books from Peachpit Press were also raffled.

Thanks again Frederick and SmugMug, it was quite informative and entertaining.
    -Chris D.
    http://www.facebook.com/cdgImagery (concert photography)
    http://www.cdgimagery.com (concert photography)
    http://chrisdg.smugmug.com (everything else)

• Options
    caphectorcaphector Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 28, 2009
    I'm not sure how many Smuggers are in the Sacramento area, but I'd love a local Smug group.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    August Orange County SMUG
    OC SMUG report from Jasmine Star
    http://www.jasminestarblog.com/index.cfm?postID=652
  • Options
    justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    smuggers near El Paso, TX or Southern New Mexico?
    I'd love to start or join a group in southern New Mexico (Alamogordo or Las Cruces, NM) or El Paso, TX areas. So far, haven't found a SMUG group in this area. Anyone else?wings.gif
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    carneyccarneyc Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    Sounds good to me..
    I am here in Las Cruces.
    justus wrote:
    I'd love to start or join a group in southern New Mexico (Alamogordo or Las Cruces, NM) or El Paso, TX areas. So far, haven't found a SMUG group in this area. Anyone else?wings.gif
    Just waking up and having fun........
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2009
    caphector wrote:
    I'm not sure how many Smuggers are in the Sacramento area, but I'd love a local Smug group.

Im in Roseville. Unfortunately, I dont have the time to organize anything, but if something get started I would like to attend some meetings.
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2009
    Bay Area SMUG - David Jay webcast recording
    Sept 21st Bay Area SMUG:
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2205809
  • Options
    edited October 12, 2009
  • Options
    CleanTthCleanTth Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2009
    MY shots from the Chelsea SMUG shoot.. Great fun!
    Loved coming up from Philadelphia, but can't wait until a SMUG starts in Philly, too! wings.gif
    This is the first time I am posting in Dgrin...I hope this link works okay here!
    Thanks for looking at my gallery. I would love to see even more from all the other photogs that
    were shooting in Chelsea that Sunday afternoon.
    Hillary Shemin

http://www.photosbyhillary.com/Photography/SmugMug-Shoot-NYC/Carolyn-and-Jon-Smuggers/9948936_xnLY2#679493358_3pNrp
    www.PhotosByHillary.com
    I shoot the shots so you can be in them!
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Vancouver SMUG Wednesday Nov. 4, 2009. 6 - 9 p.m. with Steve & Jen Bebb.
    Lynn Valley Library, North Vancouver.

See you there?
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited November 5, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Vancouver SMUG Wednesday Nov. 4, 2009. 6 - 9 p.m. with Steve & Jen Bebb.
    Lynn Valley Library, North Vancouver.

See you there?
    How was it?
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    The Vancouver SMUG was amaing! The Bebb's absolutely rock - such energy! That will be a great group, and I just wish I weren't so far away!

B.C. People, if you can get to a Vancouver SMUG, don't even have a millisecond hesitation! GO GO GO.

ann
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    The SMUGs planning team seems to be missing a section their USA map. Maybe I can help rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

1233971053.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    The SMUGs planning team seems to be missing a section their USA map. Maybe I can help rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

1233971053.jpg
    you could. Email Jeff - http://smugmug.com/smugs - contact info on bottom of that page thumb.gif
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Silicon Valley SMUG lighting setup?
    Hi -- I've seen some of the photos from the SV SMUG that took place at the West Valley branch of the San Jose Library, but couldn't find any of the lighting setup.

Does anybody have some photos, and more importantly, the specs on that setup? A friend is interested in LED studio lighting.

Thanks!
  • Options
    EnitsuguaEnitsugua Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2010
    Seattle SMUG on Monday, January 11
    http://www.meetup.com/SeattleSMUG

Seattle SMUG will meet Monday, January 11, kicking off monthly Seattle SMUG meetings for 2010. The meeting is from 7 PM to 9 PM in our new location in Studio H, TPS, on the 4th Floor of The Center House in the Seattle Center, 305 Harrison St, Seattle, WA.

What would you do if you had a passion for photographing clients who could smell bad, sniffed everything, wanted to lick your face, didn't have a paying job, sometimes relieved themselves on your floor, but were the most loyal and loving clients on the planet? Well, if you were Jamie Pflughoeft, you would realize “Passion Is Profitable" and start a studio for them.

Jamie Pflughoeft is a full-time professional pet photographer and owner of successful Seattle-based Cowbelly Pet Photography. Jamie says, “Finding your niche and focusing on the one or two types of photography you excel at is the best way to find success and financial rewards. Passion equals excellence, and excellence sells.” Come hear how Jamie has made that mantra reality by starting Cowbelly Pet Photography in 2003, turning it into one of the most successful pet photography businesses in the country, and gaining national recognition for her excellent images of her clients’ four-legged friends. And see some amazing dog and cat photos in the process.

When not photographing dogs in Washington and California, you can find Jamie (with her beloved lab-mix pooch, Fergie, by her side) enjoying all the Emerald City has to offer. Like the dogs she photographs, Jamie believes life is best lived playing, sleeping, eating, loving, daydreaming, having regular adventures and being sure to feel plenty of joy every single day. Jamie’s work can be seen at www.cowbelly.com.

Please come join us for a great kickoff to what promises to be an amazing 2010.
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2010
    Glazener wrote:
    Seattle SMUG will meet Monday, January 11,
    clap.gif
  • Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Is there a speaker yet for the one in Denver this month?
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2010
    Pupator wrote:

1233971053.jpg
    Hey, I'm in Tryon/Landrum, right next to you.. Maybe we need to start one called the Thermal Belt Smug.. I think there's one also in Charlotte and/or Atlanta..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    WolfOnDigitalWolfOnDigital Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Phoenix Smug Launch!
    Well we had our first Launch for Phoenix Arizona last night and it was great!

Jeff Jocham flew in from Denver and let everyone know about smugs and what is planned for the future. Thanks Jeff for flying in and also thanks for the goodies you gave away.

The leadership group consisted of Myself - Jeff Alan Wolf, Ken Robert, and JT - Jefferson Todd.
    These guys I am Co-Leading with are wonderful to work with and fun.
    Thanks to JT who took the time to buy the drink and food goodies, and also for picking up Jeff Jocham from the airport. High Five JT.

Ken Robert provided the ideal venue for our meetings at Bonneville, Headquarters of KTAR Radio and The Peak. A tip of my cap to Ken.

A thanks to my better half Natacha who manned the room and greeted guests as they arrived, and handed out our questionaires.

And a HUGE Thanks of appreciation to Stewart Thurlkill our 1st ever guest speaker! Stewarts love of Photography and his energy came across in abundance! If we all can be as excited about Photography as Stewart is, we will all be successful and happy! Definitley want to hang out and shoot with you Stewart!

To all of you who attended the launch, a handshake to the guys, and a bow to the ladies. We had a decent turnout for our Launch and we promise to email everyone on smugmug about our 2nd meeting in March the details of when and where and who will be speaking.

This group is going to be killer!
    If you read this and are interested in attending the next meeting please email me at:
    WolfOnDigital@aol.com
    I will be sure to let you know about the next event!

Looking forward to meeting all of the great Arizona Photogs from SmugMug.

Keep Shooting,

Jeff Alan Wolf
    www.FromTheMindsEye.info
  • Options
    edited February 26, 2010
    clap.gif Thanks for all you and everyone did, Jeff bowdown.gif