Options

Sept 8th Site Issues (can't upload & speed)

Comments

• Options
    MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Not working for me either. I cannot upload from MacDaddy or the web interface.

Me either. Got lots to get uploaded today!
    Michelle
  • Options
    SynthesisPhotosSynthesisPhotos Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2009
    Me too. No can upload on firefox or IE.
  • Options
    shutterbugladyshutterbuglady Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Replace Photo feature not working
    For the past few days, I've been unable to use the Replace Photo feature. It was working just fine Friday, but not since then. Getting a "connection to the server was reset" and "Page Load Error" messages. No other internet issues for me whatsoever on any other site except SM.

Uploading and opening a gallery has slowed to a crawl.

Even tried different browsers -- IE, Opera, Mozilla -- but with same results.

Hope these will be resolved soon!
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:

Good...bookmarked...just knowing does help.:D
  • Options
    JETAJETA Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Can't upload from send to smugmug or the online uploaders. headscratch.gif
    JETA
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Sigh......this always seems to happen when I need my site the most.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    JWrightJWright Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2009
    I've had the same upload issues for a couple of days and now a new problem has manifested itself: The inability to embed an image in a post on another forum. I was trying to do this and it was loading only half the image. As I don't attach images in forum posts, but rather hot link to here, this is a big issue for me.

This seems to be an ongoing problem and may force me to look elsewhere when my account expires next year if it continues...
  • Options
    BeachsidePaulBeachsidePaul Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Hate to say it but, this really is getting a bit ridiculous! Not sure where the problem lies but this situation has been occurring far too often to be glossed over. I'm sure all parties are working their collective butt off but I'm afraid this kind of downtime,this often, for these long periods, is indicative of a serious problem that is not going to be fixed on a "one-up" basis. Time for an overall site, service, software communications evaluation. Just my 0.02. Paul :sick
    Light Dynamics Photography

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. " ... Ansel Adams
  • Options
    SledhedSledhed Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Andy - I looked at the Smugmug Status Update page and it says it's in read-only, is this why I can't even log into my site?

Thanks,

OK, now I can at least log in.
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    AAck eek7.gif

Just had clients come home from Labour Day weekend holidays call me to say they cannot view their gallery we shot last week, they want to place orders...I told them I would check on it and find that SM has been down all day...what is the status?
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Montec wrote:
    AAck eek7.gif

Just had clients come home from Labour Day weekend holidays call me to say they cannot view their gallery we shot last week, they want to place orders...I told them I would check on it and find that SM has been down all day...what is the status?
    Status, as always, here: http://smugmug.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    I hate to say it too and I'm sorry Smugmug but every time this happens now I feel I'm that much closer to going elsewhere.

The past few months have just been terrible.
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Well it is working but certainly not firing on all pistons...very slow.
    Large images not showing up, only thumbs.

Uploaded 14 images, 7 errors.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2009
    Status blog say's that we're out of read-only but I still can't upload, come on guys, it's been long enough already!

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. " ... Ansel Adams
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Status blog say's that we're out of read-only but I still can't upload, come on guys, it's been long enough already!
    we'll give an all-clear when we're really sure it's ok.
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    You also may want to check out loading issues, since my site doesn't even load. Or if it does, it is unusable...even for browsing photos.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    Jonathan R. WalcherJonathan R. Walcher Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    This is...
    Brutal.

Sometimes it helps to have an accurate perspective. Here is mine.

I managed to get two shoots done over the past couple weeks. When I finally got done with the pictures I missed the deadline that I had told my clients I would meet because the site was down and I had to wait to email them.

And from what I can tell...issues still remain even though the status updates indicate otherwise...(i.e. pictures are failing to come up after minutes of waiting.)

headscratch.gif
    Focusing on Event, Portrait, and Humanitarian Work....
    www.jonathanwphotography.com
  • Options
    jinspinjinspin Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Brutal.

Sometimes it helps to have an accurate perspective. Here is mine.

I managed to get two shoots done over the past couple weeks. When I finally got done with the pictures I missed the deadline that I had told my clients I would meet because the site was down and I had to wait to email them.

And from what I can tell...issues still remain even though the status updates indicate otherwise...(i.e. pictures are failing to come up after minutes of waiting.)

headscratch.gif

It is frustrating.
    It seems every couple of weeks there is some performance issue.
    Smug should consider investing some of their huge mega profit in their infrastructure and more talent. my .02
  • Options
    KarmabikerKarmabiker Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2009
    Any news here folks. I have an event I need to upload and if the other photographers get their stuff uploaded first I lose out on sales ... frustrating.
  • Options
    psenior1psenior1 Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    this is getting ridiculous now, my yearly pro subscription is up in a week - the endless problems are making me think twice about renewing.

For heavans sake put a hold on the changes and adding of fancy features and concentrate on getting the stability and reliability back before you start losing customers.
    website - http://www.snrmac.com
    facebook - my facebook page please LIKE me!
  • Options
    donkeyotedonkeyote Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2009
    Wow - Ist gallery and what a mess
    This is the day my gallery was opened to visitors. I've been at updating 8 images for the last 4 hours--sweating. The chronic upload issues just crashed Lightroom and previously Firefox went down. This is my first real SmugMug experience. The hard part for me is the on and off nature of the service. There appears to be a tendency to announce all lights green, when the lights are about to go off--again. ... And really, when you are creating a situation that's this bad and you've got 1000's of users on the edge of their seats, how hard would it be to really lay out the situation with clear detail (and in near real-time) in the Status Blog. Urggh
  • Options
    eenusaeenusa Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    psenior1 wrote:
    this is getting ridiculous now, my yearly pro subscription is up in a week - the endless problems are making me think twice about renewing.

For heavans sake put a hold on the changes and adding of fancy features and concentrate on getting the stability and reliability back before you start losing customers.

Amen to that ....
  • Options
    MichaelScottMichaelScott Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2009
    Last relevant update on the status blog was almost three hours ago
  • Options
    MRudlandMRudland Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Last relevant update on the status blog was almost three hours ago

Any updates? I've really gotta get these images uploaded! I've got some clients waiting!
    Michelle
  • Options
    jinspinjinspin Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    psenior1 wrote:

no no! keep working on coupons and packages. i need it more than stability :)
  • Options
    pjspicspjspics Registered Users Posts: 296 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    jinspin wrote:
    no no! keep working on coupons and packages. i need it more than stability :)

I appreciate that SMUG need to move their company forward as do many companies with new ideas and features, but to be honest all I want is some stability.
    I have been with SMUG for some time now and have no plans to go elsewhere as I have invested too much time and affort in my site.
    I know there are lots of threads now with people complaining but SMUG need to appreciate that their customers are depending on them so much to allow their businesses to operate effectively.
    Bad Press for any photographer or photographic site is something that is so hard to correct later...
    Please, please, please just give us some stability for a few months. thumb.gif
  • Options
    MichaelScottMichaelScott Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 8, 2009
    ...if I were to cause my customers this much down time at my 'day job', I would owe them tens of thousands of dollars by now thanks to some profressional-grade SLA's...
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Still super SLOOOWWW for me :(http://www.oliviafougeirol.com/ just took 25 seconds or so to load a single image. :(

David
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2009
    Okay, more than a full work day of virtual downtime. This is really unforgivable, granted the PRO account is a bargain, but only if you can use it. Sorry Andy and all the other great support folks, this could be the deal breaker *sigh* Paul

• Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2009
    Just wondering what's up... Blog says you're okay to go, but when I try to upload, the page won't load...

Thanks! I just have a client waiting for photos.

Andi