The Packages Help Thread

1235

Comments

  • PrairiemaidenPrairiemaiden Rookie Posts: 30Registered Users Big grins
    edited February 24, 2011
    adding photos to packages
    I can only add one photo at a time to my packages, is there away to select them all? I read in the help pages if you select a row, but I see no option to do this. It just lets me drag and drop one photo at a time. Is it possible to select more than one image and drag? Thank you for your time.

    nancycuppyphotography.com
  • YergiYergi Behind the Camera Posts: 43Registered Users Big grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    Ben wrote: »
    Yes, this is absolutely planned. It got left on the cutting room floor for now, in order to expedite shipping the feature. It will be added in a future revision in the not-so-distant future.

    Any news about this "Include a low rez download" option?
    Sinner in need of THE Savior. Shooting photo since 6/1/10. Video 24 mos before that. That to say, i (formally) know nothing, please leave out nothing. (2) 1dMkII, G-12, 200 F1.8, 24-70 F2.8. (2) 430Ex2, 430Ex http://www.GunDogFilms.com
  • DeesphotosDeesphotos Big grins Posts: 19Registered Users Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    I am not sure if this was already brought up however i have a client section that when I click on available packages it says I have none created for this gallery however my packages (I have 10 created) are set for all public galleries. Any idea why this isn't working?
  • DeesphotosDeesphotos Big grins Posts: 19Registered Users Big grins
    edited April 10, 2011
    Never mind I got it
  • infocusinfocus Beginner grinner Posts: 6Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited May 4, 2011
    Package button doesn't work!
    Hey all,

    I have a problem with the package feature. I created a package but when I test it, the "Photo Package" button in the "Buy" menu doesn't seem to work. When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to figure out why this is happening, but no luck. The forum search also didn't yield anything. If any of you have had this problem or might know why this is happening, I would appreciate it.

    I am suspecting it's a CSS or Javascript problem, but I didn't add anything specific to this button other than make the "Buy" text bold.

    BTW, my website is www.infocusdenver.com. Please visit the Client Area and the first gallery (2011-04-30 Noah) if you want to see what I mean. The password is "royal".

    Thank you in advance.
  • silvertanksilvertank Big grins Posts: 15Registered Users Big grins
    edited May 10, 2011
    How do I add items such as keychains and buttons to my packages?
  • TysaxTysax Ty Phillips Photography Posts: 53Registered Users Big grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    silvertank wrote: »
    How do I add items such as keychains and buttons to my packages?

    Merchandise is produced by EZ Prints and EZ Prints has to be the lab chosen for the package in order for the merchandise items to appear for selection in the package.

    If you have any additional questions, feel free to emails us at the Smugmug helpdesk.

    http://www.smugmug.com/help
    ____________________________
    Tyree
    Smugmug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • TysaxTysax Ty Phillips Photography Posts: 53Registered Users Big grins
    edited May 12, 2011
    infocus wrote: »
    Hey all,

    I have a problem with the package feature. I created a package but when I test it, the "Photo Package" button in the "Buy" menu doesn't seem to work. When I click on it, nothing happens. I have tried to figure out why this is happening, but no luck. The forum search also didn't yield anything. If any of you have had this problem or might know why this is happening, I would appreciate it.

    I am suspecting it's a CSS or Javascript problem, but I didn't add anything specific to this button other than make the "Buy" text bold.

    BTW, my website is www.infocusdenver.com. Please visit the Client Area and the first gallery (2011-04-30 Noah) if you want to see what I mean. The password is "royal".

    Thank you in advance.
    The jquery script in your head tag is preventing the package from appearing under the buy button. Please remove that section of code and you'll be able to access the package.

    If you have any additional questions, feel free to emails us at the Smugmug helpdesk.

    http://www.smugmug.com/help
    ____________________________
    Tyree
    Smugmug Support Hero
    help.smugmug.com
  • infocusinfocus Beginner grinner Posts: 6Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2011
    Tysax wrote: »
    The jquery script in your head tag is preventing the package from appearing under the buy button. Please remove that section of code and you'll be able to access the package.

    If you have any additional questions, feel free to emails us at the Smugmug helpdesk.

    http://www.smugmug.com/help

    Ty,

    You're right, that is the problem. However, removing the script breaks the slider that I use throughout my site. Is there any way that I can keep it? I found this code which should allow you to use different versions of jQuery:

    <textarea>
    <!-- load jQuery 1.4.2 -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>;
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var j142 = $.noConflict(true);
    </script>
    </textarea>

    I then used the j142 variable instead of $ to call up the slider, but it didn't work.

    Do you have any suggestions? Am I limited to having one or the other?

    Thanks!
  • infocusinfocus Beginner grinner Posts: 6Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited May 13, 2011
    infocus wrote: »
    Ty,

    You're right, that is the problem. However, removing the script breaks the slider that I use throughout my site. Is there any way that I can keep it? I found this code which should allow you to use different versions of jQuery:

    <textarea>
    <!-- load jQuery 1.4.2 -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>;
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var j142 = $.noConflict(true);
    </script>
    </textarea>

    I then used the j142 variable instead of $ to call up the slider, but it didn't work.

    Do you have any suggestions? Am I limited to having one or the other?

    Thanks!

    Got it! I tried using an older version of jQuery (1.3.2 instead of 1.4.2) and both the slider and the package button work now. Thank you for the help!
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Nervous Professional Posts: 340Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 21, 2011
    There are currently no packages available from this pro.
    I like the EVENTS feature alot. I created another one.
    this time with 2 galleries. I am going hog wild!

    but when I went in to add a package: There are currently no packages available from this pro.

    I know I have packages i set one up for the last event and it loooks great.

    So what gives?

    Do I have to add packages for each and every gallery? I thought that the ALL PUBLIC GALLERIES would cover this packages...???????
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Nervous Professional Posts: 340Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Packages appear then disaapear
    I have created links for participants and registered guests.

    When I created the packages, i first set it to ALL PUBLIC GALLERIES.

    The packages seem to only appear if I specifically pointed to the specific gallery.

    And it seems like it is hit or miss whether the packages will appear in a clients favorite gallery or in the original gallery.

    My hands are sore and my brain is fried from going back and forth from visitor view to owner view and signing out completely or using a different browsers to see if it is cookies making me crazy.

    This is a a frustrating product .

    Anyone care to slap me around a little ?
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae SmugMug BizDev|Educator Posts: 4,584Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    I have created links for participants and registered guests.

    When I created the packages, i first set it to ALL PUBLIC GALLERIES.

    The packages seem to only appear if I specifically pointed to the specific gallery.

    And it seems like it is hit or miss whether the packages will appear in a clients favorite gallery or in the original gallery.

    My hands are sore and my brain is fried from going back and forth from visitor view to owner view and signing out completely or using a different browsers to see if it is cookies making me crazy.

    This is a a frustrating product .

    Anyone care to slap me around a little ?

    Hi

    Sorry you are frustrated!

    Password protected galleries are not public galleries, so if a gallery is passworded then you will have to add it specifically to your package.

    I'd like some more details on your second question, though. Can you elaborate a bit more about the 'hit or miss' behaviour? Send us a question to the help desk, with a link to a specific event that you are having trouble with, so we can take a look. http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

    ann
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Nervous Professional Posts: 340Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Ann McRae wrote: »
    Hi

    Sorry you are frustrated!

    Password protected galleries are not public galleries, so if a gallery is passworded then you will have to add it specifically to your package.

    I'd like some more details on your second question, though. Can you elaborate a bit more about the 'hit or miss' behaviour? Send us a question to the help desk, with a link to a specific event that you are having trouble with, so we can take a look. http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

    ann

    Ahhhh, Thanks Ann.

    That makes sense.

    "If it is pass worded then it isn't public."

    That really relieves the anxiety knowing that it isn't some errant bug. I am always humbled because I really don't know what I am doing and if it weren't for this forum and the heros of this forum and the help desk i would drink hypo clearing agent if they still sold it. Laughing.gif.

    Again thanks...but I am not going far i have more questions.
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkPosts: 50,151Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    What questions do you have?
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Nervous Professional Posts: 340Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 22, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    What questions do you have?

    Yes me again.

    So When I create an event and I add a "PARTICIPANT & REGISTERED GUEST",

    I HAVE TO IMMEDIATELY run over to each and every participant & registered guest's favorite/gallery/folder setting and go through and turn off sharing , and easy links, and all that stuff EVERY TIME I "ADD" someone to the event?

    It seems this is what I had to do wading through getting my first event up to speed.

    So is this what one has to do or is there an EVENTS FAVORITES control panel to globally make these changes to these folders?

    Thank in advance. bump
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Nervous Professional Posts: 340Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 23, 2011
    Which Gallery to choose for Packages?
    Andy wrote: »
    What questions do you have?

    When setting up the "Ones I Choose" do I choose the new FAVORITES GALLERY or the MAIN/ORIGINAL Gallery for the packages?

    thank you !
    bump
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Nervous Professional Posts: 340Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    Participant/Registered Guest Favorites Galleries and the madness
    Hello EVERYONE

    I shot an event. I created an event. I set portfolio prices, chose a lab, built packages and finally sent out links to the P/R guests, who in turn have sent the links out.

    I am spending A LOT of FRANTIC time having to go back and check to see if there are any new FAVORITE Galleries created in ANY of the events I have going on at one time and have to go in to TWEAK the settings AGAIN, to turn on protection, turn off easy sharing etc...., THEN i have to go in and RE-SELECT the packages for each FAVORITE GALLERY.

    I have to do this every time because the galleries don't hold the packages until I go in there ALL THE TIME and associate a package to a favorite gallery.

    And then the packages ONLY show up while in the FAVORITES gallery.

    The original Gallery has everything set up and works in case you are about to ask-it stays static.

    This seems to be a heck of a lot of work doing repetitive data entry when this PRO account is suppose to help.

    I have asked a couple of time on a different thread if there is a global settings page for this or how to address the behavior of the Favorites Gallery with no response.

    This PRO account looks nice in theory. But how many hours a day have I had to go into, and CONCENTRATE on the keystrokes to keep from being ripped off?

    you help is appreciated.
  • rnrjoshrnrjosh SmugMug Support Hero Posts: 248Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 27, 2011
    By default, the Share button will be turned on in favorite galleries that are created from an event. If you're looking for a quick way to hide this for *all* Event Favorite galleries, past, present, and future, just go to Control Panel > Customize > Advanced Customizer > CSS, and add this code:

    .category_Event_Favorites #shareButton {display: none;}

    That will remove the Share button from only galleries in the Event Favorites category, which is where all the Favorite galleries will be automatically created :-) Photos in Favorites galleries are just collected photos, and collected photos will retain the settings (right-click protection, watermark, etc), from the parent gallery. So, you wouldn't need to go in and enable right-click protection in the Favorites galleries, the photos in those galleries will be automatically right-click protected, provided you have enabled right-click protection in the parent gallery. Also, if you set Easy Sharing to no in the parent gallery, you won't see the Facebook or Twitter buttons beneath the images in the Favorites gallery.

    Currently, you can apply packages to either All public galleries, or you can choose them individually. Since Favorites galleries are created as unlisted galleries, they're not considered public galleries. So, at the moment, if you want to offer packages in Favorites galleries, you'd need to set up each photo package you offer as "only ones I choose", choosing both the main gallery(s) from the event, and the favorite galleries as well. I don't know of another way to automatically offer packages in unlisted Favorites galleries, but I think you make a good point with your use case. It seems logical that if you offer a package in one gallery, any Favorites galleries spawned from it should also offer packages as well.
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • vdotmatrixvdotmatrix Nervous Professional Posts: 340Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 28, 2011
    vdotmatrix wrote: »
    Hello EVERYONE

    I shot an event. I created an event. I set portfolio prices, chose a lab, built packages and finally sent out links to the P/R guests, who in turn have sent the links out.

    I am spending A LOT of FRANTIC time having to go back and check to see if there are any new FAVORITE Galleries created in ANY of the events I have going on at one time and have to go in to TWEAK the settings AGAIN, to turn on protection, turn off easy sharing etc...., THEN i have to go in and RE-SELECT the packages for each FAVORITE GALLERY.

    I have to do this every time because the galleries don't hold the packages until I go in there ALL THE TIME and associate a package to a favorite gallery.

    And then the packages ONLY show up while in the FAVORITES gallery.

    The original Gallery has everything set up and works in case you are about to ask-it stays static.

    This seems to be a heck of a lot of work doing repetitive data entry when this PRO account is suppose to help.

    I have asked a couple of time on a different thread if there is a global settings page for this or how to address the behavior of the Favorites Gallery with no response.

    This PRO account looks nice in theory. But how many hours a day have I had to go into, and CONCENTRATE on the keystrokes to keep from being ripped off?

    you help is appreciated.

    It is a fact. I went in to add the last gallery to this event of 8. When I went in to associate the packages with this final gallery, only one other appeared on the "ONES I CHOOSE".

    this is the response from the heroes help desk FYI:
    Thank you for contacting SmugMug.
    Regarding the packages and favorites issue you're bringing up, there's currently no other way than manually adding the favorite galleries to the packages. This is a problem that has been reported to our engineers.
    The issue with sometimes galleries for packages getting deselected is an issue we're still investigating.
    The security settings for photos in favorite galleries are retained from the original gallery the photos are in so there's no need to manually adjust watermark, protection or largest size settings. Prices are carried over as well.
    There's currently no way to change the defaults for those settings on favorite galleries.
    I can understand your frustration and hope we can improve on the package feature soon.
    My apologies for any inconvenience.
    Let us know if you have any questions.
    All the best,

    SmugMug Support Hero
  • TwoofyTwoofy SmugMug Sorcerer Posts: 171Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 2, 2011
    Just wanted to update on some issues raised in this thread:

    1. There was a subtle bug where when a user selected "Only Ones I Choose" the packages would sometimes get corrupted - if for example one of the galleries in the package got deleted. This was fixed and I was able to do it in a way that would restore broken packages to the correct list of albums.

    2. In the event that you have a package assigned to "Only Ones I Choose" and you end up deleting all the albums associated with the package - it will default to "All Public Galleries". This is obviously wrong and I have a fix going out shortly that will fix this.

    3. At the same time the fix for 2 goes out (hopefully this week, its in testing), there will be the addition of a new button "All Galleries" - which will show the package in every gallery - passworded or protected. "All Public Galleries" will continue to be any gallery that is not passworded or set to protected state.

    - Greg
  • TwoofyTwoofy SmugMug Sorcerer Posts: 171Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 10, 2011
    These fixes in my previous post are now live.

    - Greg
  • outdooreventphotos.comoutdooreventphotos.com camera dude Posts: 50Registered Users Big grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    Ben wrote: »
    Yes, this is absolutely planned. It got left on the cutting room floor for now, in order to expedite shipping the feature. It will be added in a future revision in the not-so-distant future.

    am I missing something here? i just tried to set up a package and it still doesn't allow to attach downloads. maybe i'm looking at it wrong? if not when is this going to become available? thanks!
  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkPosts: 50,151Registered Users Major grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    am I missing something here? i just tried to set up a package and it still doesn't allow to attach downloads. maybe i'm looking at it wrong? if not when is this going to become available? thanks!
    I'm sorry we don't yet have this.
  • outdooreventphotos.comoutdooreventphotos.com camera dude Posts: 50Registered Users Big grins
    edited July 26, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    I'm sorry we don't yet have this.
    any projected date?
  • outdooreventphotos.comoutdooreventphotos.com camera dude Posts: 50Registered Users Big grins
    edited August 21, 2011
    any projected date?
    given that this was first brought up march 6, 2010, I was still wondering if there is a projected date? I just had another customer ask me if they could get a discount on print/dowload combo. i told them to just pay for the download and then print out at their local walmart or cvs. this is costing both of us money.

    patiently waiting
  • jh4wvujh4wvu CDS Media Solutions Cincinnati, OHPosts: 167Registered Users Major grins
    edited August 23, 2011
    This would be great for me too. Let us know when this will be available.

    Thanks,
    Chris
    given that this was first brought up march 6, 2010, I was still wondering if there is a projected date? I just had another customer ask me if they could get a discount on print/dowload combo. i told them to just pay for the download and then print out at their local walmart or cvs. this is costing both of us money.

    patiently waiting
  • jh4wvujh4wvu CDS Media Solutions Cincinnati, OHPosts: 167Registered Users Major grins
    edited September 3, 2011
    It would be nice to have the option...buy a print get a free digital version...

    Any idea of when we will be able to include downloads in our packages.

    Thanks,
    Chris
  • karencphotokarencphoto Beginner grinner Posts: 8Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited September 7, 2011
    *** Never mind, a Smugger got back to me when I sent them an email asking the same thing. Not satisfying to know I have to create a package for each gallery, but at least I have an answer. :( ***

    I've just read through this entire thread, so forgive me if I missed the answer to my question...

    If I set my packages to Only the Ones I Choose and I select multiple galleries to apply to the package, does that mean that a client can pick through all of those galleries, even if it's not their proof gallery?

    Example... I select the following galleries to apply to my packages:

    Client A Gallery, unlisted
    Client B Gallery, unlisted
    Client C Gallery, unlisted PW protected

    Can Client C look at images from Client A and B's galleries and pull them into their package? I DON'T want this to happen. If it can happen, does this mean I have to create packages for EACH proof gallery?

    Thanks for the help! I need to send a new client the link to her proof gallery, but don't want to send it until I figure this out. (She's already said she's going to be buying a package.)

    Karen
  • outdooreventphotos.comoutdooreventphotos.com camera dude Posts: 50Registered Users Big grins
    edited February 7, 2012
    given that this was first brought up march 6, 2010, I was still wondering if there is a projected date? I just had another customer ask me if they could get a discount on print/dowload combo. i told them to just pay for the download and then print out at their local walmart or cvs. this is costing both of us money.

    patiently waiting



    Still waiting..... almost 2 years old now......... really is this impossible?
Sign In or Register to comment.