Options

SmugMug + iPad

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    emtp563 wrote: »
    Do you know that if you hit the lock + home button you can take a screenshot? I know there's nothing you can do about that, but I figured it's worth mentioning.

Shizam, can you answer my post above?

Hey Anthony,

We're getting a help page ready to go for questions like yours.

The ( + ) sign adds whatever page you're viewing to the main page of the app. You can add whole accounts, a category, subcategory, or just a gallery. It's easy access to your favorite places when you first open it up.

So pretty much every place you look has a ( + ) sign. If you see a ( - )instead, this means you've already added it to your main page and you can remove it clicking that button.

Clear as mud? ear.gif
  • Options
    coxyukcoxyuk Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    Another vote for the chronological ordering please.
  • Options
    gbrookshawgbrookshaw Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Anyone else have problems after latest update with existing galleries you have downloaded not displaying.

I don't really want to have to delete App and download again. Any workarounds?

Going forward, an option to re-download an album (or indeed all albums) would be great...

Is there a thread for ideas for this App...or is this the best one?

Thanks
    Gary

Brookshaw Photography

Wedding and Portrait Photography in Chester, UK
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    gbrookshaw wrote: »
    Anyone else have problems after latest update with existing galleries you have downloaded not displaying.

I don't really want to have to delete App and download again. Any workarounds?

Going forward, an option to re-download an album (or indeed all albums) would be great...

Is there a thread for ideas for this App...or is this the best one?

Thanks

I had to delete everything and start over, but it is much better nowdeal.gif
  • Options
    Craig RidleyCraig Ridley Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Awesome app. What about the ability to view password protected galleries?
    My Site: http://www.craigridley.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/craigridleyoutdoorphotography

Want to save $5 on a smugmug account? Use this coupon code: WzG2eZLQPGrqI
  • Options
    Stella7dStella7d Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    I just bought hubby an iPad for Father's Day! Now I think I want to keep it for my self!!:lol4
  • Options
    wingedpowerwingedpower Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2010
    Feature requests
    Got the iPad, got the SmugMug app. Love it. However, got some feature requests:

• Allow download to photo album of your own images(watermarked). Is great for some of the blogging apps that insists you upload from local device.
    • Allow browsing/searching of SmugMug galleries/updates from other folks. The + account option does a straight add, and doesn't search. Inspiration from the FlickrStackr app here.
    • (figured out how to remove someone from the list... the mysterious - sign after selecting their album)
    • Help feature built into the app... couldn't figure out what +/- meant until visiting this forum thread.
    • Allow buying prints from the app! Would make the iPad+SmugMug a great on-site selling tool, especially if the galleries in question are already saved to the iPad for quick viewing!
    • Allow upload/gallery creation from iPad. (would be great for folks shooting events, who are using the camera connection kit, to upload quick proofs and replace them later with the processed images... also aids in the allowing sales/print requests from the ipad Smugmug app)
    • Allow commenting and viewing of comments/ratings/etc of images.
    Good start to a stable app for viewing galleries on the iPad. Would be a powerful sales tool for the pro photographer/event photographer if it had the create&edit gallery/upload proof/buy print from options straight from the iPad SmugMug app. :)

Wing.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    Got the iPad, got the SmugMug app. Love it. However, got some feature requests:

This is great! Could you add your voice here:
    http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug

type in 'ipad' in the search box and add to existing requests.. make your own as well.
  • Options
    wingedpowerwingedpower Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 14, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    This is great! Could you add your voice here:
    http://smugmug.uservoice.com/forums/17723-smugmug

type in 'ipad' in the search box and add to existing requests.. make your own as well.

Done and done. Thanks for the link to the SmugMug UserVoice. Didn't know about it!

I can definitely see value in being able to create/edit galleries, upload images/proofs, and have the ability to make print orders/sales from the ipad App(vs the safari browser).

Got a camera connection kit on order, so looking forward to using the 64GB(59GB usable) storage as a secondary store for my camera. Being able to upload and offer sales on-site would be a real plus for sure.

Wing.
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2010
    As soon as I can purchase on my Ipad, then I will get one. Will be great for traveling sales!
  • Options
    Jeffrey962Jeffrey962 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Some of my galleries aren't showing up. I just see the clock icon. Is there a limit on the amount of photos? My galleries are broken out by year, and at January 2007 the photos stop loading. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • Options
    Jeffrey962Jeffrey962 Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Answered my own question by reading the other iPad post here. I had external links turned off on some galleries. I'm back in business!!!
  • Options
    StefStef Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2010
    Sadly I have deleted the app from my iPad as I cannot get it to keep the photos on my iPad for offline viewing. It will keep a few in each gallery, but a lot don't show up. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times and finally got sick of re-saving all the photos. I'm sad!
  • Options
    twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2010
    One other issue I've noticed with this app is that if you delete a gallery from your site the gallery lives on in your iPad app - it seems you need to delete the app and do a fresh install to get it to remove a gallery that has since been deleted from your online site - which could be very annoying if you have all ready used up time and bandwidth to save alot of your galleries.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2010
    I really want to like and use this application but it has serious issues/bugs for regular use if you frequently update galleries. I'm happy to provide details if the developer wishes to contact me.
  • Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    Has anyone found a way to upload pictures from the ipad to Smugmug yet? Batch functionality is particularly important as I have about 100 at a time to do. Is it possible? Seems like there would be a decent size market for an app like this (especially if it does more sites than just Smugmug).
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2010
    The simplest of method I can think of, and I have not tried it yet, is to just e-mail them from the iPad. http://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2010
    The simplest of method I can think of, and I have not tried it yet, is to just e-mail them from the iPad. http://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think my mail server would be happy with 300MB of email passing through.
  • Options
    CaroleHayesCaroleHayes Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    So, is there any chance that this will be made available for the iPhone, as well?

I would absolutely love to have an iPad but, in the the meantime, I have to pay for an app to view my Smugmug galleries on my iPhone? That just doesn't seem right.... :(
    Don't cry because it's over—smile because it happened.
    - Dr. Seuss

My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2010
    Can't you view the galleries through the website? And isn't the app only $3 if you do want it?
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2010
    So, is there any chance that this will be made available for the iPhone, as well?

I would absolutely love to have an iPad but, in the the meantime, I have to pay for an app to view my Smugmug galleries on my iPhone? That just doesn't seem right.... :(

yoursite.smugmug.com/m

or yourdomain.com/m

:) NO $
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2010
    Pupator wrote: »
    Can't you view the galleries through the website? And isn't the app only $3 if you do want it?

I acknowledge that $3 isn't a whole lot of money, but I think it's wrong that I should have to pay when I have a Pro account. (Especially considering there's already an app for iPad that could presumably be adapted for iphone?)
    yoursite.smugmug.com/m

or yourdomain.com/m

:) NO $

Thanks, Andy! I'll give that a try! :)
    - Dr. Seuss

My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    I acknowledge that $3 isn't a whole lot of money, but I think it's wrong that I should have to pay when I have a Pro account. (Especially considering there's already an app for iPad that could presumably be adapted for iPhone.

I must confess that I don't understand that mentality at all. When you signed up for a pro account did it advertise that you would get a free iPhone app with your membership? If not, how can it be "wrong" that you don't get one for free?
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    I must confess that I don't understand that mentality at all. When you signed up for a pro account did it advertise that you would get a free iPhone app with your membership? If not, how can it be "wrong" that you don't get one for free?

In fact, our iPad app is free. We do not charge for our iPad app or our iPhone app. Period. I'm not sure where the notion of $3 app came from. But that's not SmugMug :D
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    I acknowledge that $3 isn't a whole lot of money, but I think it's wrong that I should have to pay when I have a Pro account. (Especially considering there's already an app for iPad that could presumably be adapted for iphone?)

SmugMug does not charge for our apps.
  • Options
    twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    They may be referring to the Smugwallet app - which was developed by another party - not smugmug - and costs $2.99.

It is a very good app for the iPhone - well designed and worth the price.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    In fact, our iPad app is free. We do not charge for our iPad app or our iPhone app. Period. I'm not sure where the notion of $3 app came from. But that's not SmugMug :D
    They may be referring to the Smugwallet app - which was developed by another party - not smugmug - and costs $2.99.

It is a very good app for the iPhone - well designed and worth the price.

Yes, I was referring to Smugmugwallet, and it's glad to know it's worth it, so thanks!

Pupator: You're correct in saying that they didn't promise a free iPhone app with my membership, but neither did any of the other websites that I have iPhone apps for. My frustration lies in the fact that there is an app for iPad, but not for iPhone. It just seems silly (and a bit thoughtless) that they would not have also made the app available for iPhone, which MANY of us have. (I'm willing to bet many, many more than have iPads.)
    - Dr. Seuss

My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    My frustration lies in the fact that there is an app for iPad, but not for iPhone. It just seems silly (and a bit thoughtless) that they would not have also made the app available for iPhone, which MANY of us have. (I'm willing to bet many, many more than have iPads.)
    Soon we'll have a uniform app, we hope.

In the meantime, yoursite.smugmug.com/m has always worked beautifully on iPhone :D
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    Thanks! :)
    - Dr. Seuss

My Smugmug
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Beautiful tool, wonderful app!clap.gif